Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: who could this be?  (Read 775 times)

busenia_casita_koru

• View Profile
who could this be?
« on: February 24, 2017, 10:23:31 pm »
This may seam strange, but I was meditating the other day and towards the end of my meditation I saw the image of a woman with curly blonde hair in a white dress that had a blue sash around the waste. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but it stuck in my head and I can't figure out who it is. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: who could this be?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 12:18:27 pm »
Quote from: busenia_casita_koru;203223
This may seam strange, but I was meditating the other day and towards the end of my meditation I saw the image of a woman with curly blonde hair in a white dress that had a blue sash around the waste. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but it stuck in my head and I can't figure out who it is. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

This sort of thing is generally a "One point is not enough information" sort of problem. As you've probably noticed by now, while some deities do have very identifiable physical characteristics, normally we need more info to be able to identify them.

(This is one of the reasons a lot of deity info talks about animals commonly seen or associated with a deity, or other things like a sheaf of wheat or other food items, or really specific identifying features.)

And of course, this might not be a deity at all - it could be an ancestor, or a personification of a spirit of place, or some being that's not a deity (a muse, a guide, a nature spirit, etc. etc. etc.)

So, usually, the way to make progress on something like this is to do more work - meditation, divination, etc. focused on learning more about who that is.

People might have more suggestions if you're willing and able to share more details of the mediation you were doing (like what the focus was, if there was any specific text asking a deity or other being to appear, if there was a particular cultural context the meditation was working in.) But without more information, it's unlikely a pretty general physical description alone is unlikely to get you many useful answers.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

busenia_casita_koru

• View Profile
Re: who could this be?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 05:56:57 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;203236
This sort of thing is generally a "One point is not enough information" sort of problem. As you've probably noticed by now, while some deities do have very identifiable physical characteristics, normally we need more info to be able to identify them.

(This is one of the reasons a lot of deity info talks about animals commonly seen or associated with a deity, or other things like a sheaf of wheat or other food items, or really specific identifying features.)

And of course, this might not be a deity at all - it could be an ancestor, or a personification of a spirit of place, or some being that's not a deity (a muse, a guide, a nature spirit, etc. etc. etc.)

So, usually, the way to make progress on something like this is to do more work - meditation, divination, etc. focused on learning more about who that is.

People might have more suggestions if you're willing and able to share more details of the mediation you were doing (like what the focus was, if there was any specific text asking a deity or other being to appear, if there was a particular cultural context the meditation was working in.) But without more information, it's unlikely a pretty general physical description alone is unlikely to get you many useful answers.

Thank you for your help. I'll definitely have to keep meditating on it. It's just been.stuck in my head, so I thought I'd ask.

Tags: