Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Spritual Walls.  (Read 842 times)

Bladeohex

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Spritual Walls.
« on: February 21, 2017, 10:10:38 am »
As I have began my path I have found my spiritual gifts that I used to posses rarely manifest. I can see and speak to spirits still. I am having a hard time re igniting my spiritual spark after a long time of suppressing it as an atheist, and because I thought it made me weak. Does anybody have any tools or tips to help re-unlock my spark?

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spritual Walls.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 10:24:04 am »
Quote from: Bladeohex;203004
As I have began my path I have found my spiritual gifts that I used to posses rarely manifest. I can see and speak to spirits still. I am having a hard time re igniting my spiritual spark after a long time of suppressing it as an atheist, and because I thought it made me weak. Does anybody have any tools or tips to help re-unlock my spark?

Listen to some tunes is a good way follow your feelings on youtube. listen to new stuff that you haven't heard before.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 10:31:42 am »
Can you please tell us what you mean by "spiritual spark"? I've never heard the phrase before. If you mean your enthusiasm for spiritual things, I can tell you from experience that it will come and go!
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Bladeohex

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 10:38:39 am »
Quote from: Redfaery;203006
Can you please tell us what you mean by "spiritual spark"? I've never heard the phrase before. If you mean your enthusiasm for spiritual things, I can tell you from experience that it will come and go!

When I mean spiritual spark I mean the ability for me to attune with nature and the cosmos as a whole. I used to be able to feel the movement of an ant I can no longer do that and I feel like I suppressing myself.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 10:43:21 am by Bladeohex »

Bladeohex

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 10:40:49 am »
Quote from: sevensons;203005
Listen to some tunes is a good way follow your feelings on youtube. listen to new stuff that you haven't heard before.

So you basically if i'm following want me to listen to new music in order to help allow me to open up?

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 11:52:39 am »

The two biggest ones both require a bit of consistency:

1) Set aside time in your life to be open to that spark.

Some people do this with meditation, some people do it with listening to music that inspires them spiritually, some people do it by setting time aside for spiritually-relevant reading, or doing magical practices, or ritual, or making art, or all sorts of other things.

(Actually, most people who are successful at this do a variety of things, depending on their mood/the day/things in their life, but if you're looking to build up your abilities, doing something every day or every day you can, for at least 10-15 minutes will help a lot.)

It can be especially helpful to build in a simple routine: starting with doing it in a specific place (like your home with a small shrine or altar or other items relevant to your spirituality) can help, but having a portable trigger you can use in other spaces is a good long-term plan (like a piece of jewelry you put on, or a small item you can hold in your hands while doing the spiritual practices you choose.)

Basically, repetition and consistency tell your conscious brain and your subconscious brain that this is a thing that matters to you, pay attention to it, and you should start seeing your experience broaden over time, even when you're not deliberately doing your spiritual practices. Making deliberate space for it in your life helps when you're starting because it will (again, with a bit of repetition) make it easier to settle into that work when you do it.

2) When stuff happens to you (especially at other times), write it down.

This is the 'had a flash of an image related to a deity' or 'keep hearing a lyric or phrase or concept come up in unrelated places' or 'had a weird but possibly meaningful dream' or 'keep coming across this author' stuff.

Both because it's a good idea to keep track of (so you can see progress and any patterns or changes over time) and because the simple act of writing it down again reinforces to your brain that you care about this stuff and are paying attention to it.

A lot of us train ourselves out of paying attention to spiritual / magical / energetic / empathic data we get (because society at large doesn't encourage it), so paying attention to it deliberately is a way to counter that. Chances are pretty good that if you start doing this, you'll have more experiences of openness.

3) Not a thing to do, but a thing to be aware of.

The one caution I'd give you is that just because you have an experience, or a thing pops into your head or you have a sudden flash of something doesn't mean you should do something about it immediately. It is fine and appropriate and extremely sensible to pause, say "This thing, what do I want to do with that?" and decide. Or to see if related things happen over the next few weeks. You might do divination or more ritual practice to find out more, or ask people with more experience for help or ideas. Jumping in the deep end has a bunch of possible risks that usually don't help.

Sometimes - especially with early experiences of opening ourselves up after having been closed off - the early data we get is unfiltered, raw, and not necessarily great for us. Or we don't yet have enough experience with that kind of information to understand how it fits with what we're doing, other things going on in our lives, etc.

(And sometimes, changes can be because of things that aren't about our spiritual lives. I only have really significant ongoing anxiety/catastrophe dreams if a particular medical thing is off-kilter. If I didn't know that, I might worry they were a sign of imminent catastrophe I was picking up energetically or psychically. Because I keep good notes and don't panic until I can see a pattern, I know how to handle them in a way that's actually useful.)

There are occasional urgent things, but most stuff isn't - most stuff can wait for considered thought and some reflection. Not just an hour or two, but a few days or weeks.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 12:38:37 pm »
Quote from: Bladeohex;203008
So you basically if i'm following want me to listen to new music in order to help allow me to open up?

If you hear new tunes they broaden your horizon. listening to the same music stops people adventuring into the unknown. if you need the spiritual spark its one good place to achieve a higher vibration.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

Bladeohex

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 02:16:16 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;203019
The two biggest ones both require a bit of consistency:

1) Set aside time in your life to be open to that spark.

Some people do this with meditation, some people do it with listening to music that inspires them spiritually, some people do it by setting time aside for spiritually-relevant reading, or doing magical practices, or ritual, or making art, or all sorts of other things.

(Actually, most people who are successful at this do a variety of things, depending on their mood/the day/things in their life, but if you're looking to build up your abilities, doing something every day or every day you can, for at least 10-15 minutes will help a lot.)

It can be especially helpful to build in a simple routine: starting with doing it in a specific place (like your home with a small shrine or altar or other items relevant to your spirituality) can help, but having a portable trigger you can use in other spaces is a good long-term plan (like a piece of jewelry you put on, or a small item you can hold in your hands while doing the spiritual practices you choose.)

Basically, repetition and consistency tell your conscious brain and your subconscious brain that this is a thing that matters to you, pay attention to it, and you should start seeing your experience broaden over time, even when you're not deliberately doing your spiritual practices. Making deliberate space for it in your life helps when you're starting because it will (again, with a bit of repetition) make it easier to settle into that work when you do it.

2) When stuff happens to you (especially at other times), write it down.

This is the 'had a flash of an image related to a deity' or 'keep hearing a lyric or phrase or concept come up in unrelated places' or 'had a weird but possibly meaningful dream' or 'keep coming across this author' stuff.

Both because it's a good idea to keep track of (so you can see progress and any patterns or changes over time) and because the simple act of writing it down again reinforces to your brain that you care about this stuff and are paying attention to it.

A lot of us train ourselves out of paying attention to spiritual / magical / energetic / empathic data we get (because society at large doesn't encourage it), so paying attention to it deliberately is a way to counter that. Chances are pretty good that if you start doing this, you'll have more experiences of openness.

3) Not a thing to do, but a thing to be aware of.

The one caution I'd give you is that just because you have an experience, or a thing pops into your head or you have a sudden flash of something doesn't mean you should do something about it immediately. It is fine and appropriate and extremely sensible to pause, say "This thing, what do I want to do with that?" and decide. Or to see if related things happen over the next few weeks. You might do divination or more ritual practice to find out more, or ask people with more experience for help or ideas. Jumping in the deep end has a bunch of possible risks that usually don't help.

Sometimes - especially with early experiences of opening ourselves up after having been closed off - the early data we get is unfiltered, raw, and not necessarily great for us. Or we don't yet have enough experience with that kind of information to understand how it fits with what we're doing, other things going on in our lives, etc.

(And sometimes, changes can be because of things that aren't about our spiritual lives. I only have really significant ongoing anxiety/catastrophe dreams if a particular medical thing is off-kilter. If I didn't know that, I might worry they were a sign of imminent catastrophe I was picking up energetically or psychically. Because I keep good notes and don't panic until I can see a pattern, I know how to handle them in a way that's actually useful.)
Thank you so very much I'm going to write this entire reply down and read it often.

There are occasional urgent things, but most stuff isn't - most stuff can wait for considered thought and some reflection. Not just an hour or two, but a few days or weeks.

Thank you very much I'm going to save this response for further use!

Tags:

Beginner Area

Warning: You are currently in a Beginner Friendly area of the message board.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 84
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Allaya, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Ashmire, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

'Up All Night' Coordinator:
Altair

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Chatelaine, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal