Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:03:12 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Author Topic: hailing from sunny Southern CA  (Read 1014 times)

rrram

• View Profile
hailing from sunny Southern CA
« on: February 20, 2017, 09:09:48 pm »
Hello! What an excellent site this is... I'm so glad I stumbled upon it!

My name is Richard... or Ricky or Rick. Most people I know call me Ram (it's my shortened birth name). I answer to any of them so take your pick! I'm a very queer trans male and my pronouns are he/him/his. I'm a libra, with a gemini moon and pisces ascendant.

I've lived in Southern California for all 20 years of my life, specifically Orange County. It's cool and all, but the lack of easily accessible wilderness can be very tiresome. Sometimes I find myself craving nature, so I run off on adventures to find the most secluded place possible. If I'm not out with friends I spend my time drawing, sewing, doing drag/club kid makeup, and tending to my plants in my yard. I'm a big artsy fartsy kind of person and I constantly have to be creative or else I get really down in the dumps!

I was born into a Persian family and was raised with no defined religion. My parents (who were raised Zoroastrian) just kind of taught me that there is a higher universal power of some sort and that I should do good deeds, say good things, and think good thoughts (essentially, the Zoroastrian code of conduct). They also raised me with a lot of fairytale books and mythology, particularly Greek mythology because I had such a passion for it.  Growing up, the more I was able to surf the web and research online, I discovered magick and paganism. And the more I learned, the more it just kinda... made sense? I've always had a fascination with religion and the way it shapes our world and society, but polytheism has always felt so true to me.

Around this eye opening time of discovery, I accumulated candles and incense and herbs and crystals and allllll sorts of magick stuff and declared myself "Pagan." But of course I really had no idea what I was doing! I had tried creating an altar for myself, but my parents were disapproving of it. Which I understand, I was quite young (just after puberty began for me). Since I wasn't actually practicing anything, I kind of gave up on it. I still stayed quite spiritual, I think I always have been in all honesty. I'm a very deep feeler and sensitive to energy/spirits/what have you... My research didn't stop, however. I dove deep into Greek mythology and history and read all the stories I had been merely introduced to as a child. I have also read up on other pantheons and deities, but the Greek gods and goddesses hold a special place in my heart.

Now that I'm older, I'm ready to being practicing seriously. There has been a lot of development with my family, myself, my mental health, etc and I feel a need to connect with the gods and goddesses - and most importantly the earth around me. One god in particular has been extremely relevant in my life to the point that it's actually kinda spooky now! Dionysos is an extremely charged name for me and I get chills whenever I hear it. And when I read up on him, I feel warm 'n soft like I'm falling in love! Can he be trying to get my attention? That's why I'm here! Research research research......

I can't wait to see what I can learn from the other members of this wonderful forum. What I've found so far has been extremely helpful. Here's to a fruitful discovery! xoxo

P.S.
I'm constantly learning. Please, by all means, correct me if I'm using a word wrong, or if my spelling/capitalization is off. And never feel shy about contacting me!

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: hailing from sunny Southern CA
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 10:12:13 pm »
Quote from: rrram;202973
Hello! What an excellent site this is... I'm so glad I stumbled upon it

Welcome! You sound quite awesome!
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

rrram

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 10:40:42 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;202976
Welcome! You sound quite awesome!

Thank you! aww you're so sweet

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 04:04:53 am »

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 04:46:10 am »

Now that I'm older, I'm ready to being practicing seriously. There has been a lot of development with my family, myself, my mental health, etc and I feel a need to connect with the gods and goddesses

Hello ram I hope you find your way and be at peace with your mental health. go and enjoy.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

rrram

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 12:55:12 pm »
Quote from: Morag;202990
Welcome to TC!

Thanks!

rrram

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 12:55:45 pm »
Quote from: sevensons;202991
Hello ram I hope you find your way and be at peace with your mental health. go and enjoy.

i appreciate it! thank you (:

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 09:34:12 pm »

My name is Richard... or Ricky or Rick. Most people I know call me Ram (it's my shortened birth name). I answer to any of them so take your pick! I'm a very queer trans male and my pronouns are he/him/his. I'm a libra, with a gemini moon and pisces ascendant.

I've lived in Southern California for all 20 years of my life, specifically Orange County. It's cool and all, but the lack of easily accessible wilderness can be very tiresome. Sometimes I find myself craving nature, so I run off on adventures to find the most secluded place possible. If I'm not out with friends I spend my time drawing, sewing, doing drag/club kid makeup, and tending to my plants in my yard. I'm a big artsy fartsy kind of person and I constantly have to be creative or else I get really down in the dumps!

I was born into a Persian family and was raised with no defined religion. My parents (who were raised Zoroastrian) just kind of taught me that there is a higher universal power of some sort and that I should do good deeds, say good things, and think good thoughts (essentially, the Zoroastrian code of conduct). They also raised me with a lot of fairytale books and mythology, particularly Greek mythology because I had such a passion for it.  Growing up, the more I was able to surf the web and research online, I discovered magick and paganism. And the more I learned, the more it just kinda... made sense? I've always had a fascination with religion and the way it shapes our world and society, but polytheism has always felt so true to me.

Around this eye opening time of discovery, I accumulated candles and incense and herbs and crystals and allllll sorts of magick stuff and declared myself "Pagan." But of course I really had no idea what I was doing! I had tried creating an altar for myself, but my parents were disapproving of it. Which I understand, I was quite young (just after puberty began for me). Since I wasn't actually practicing anything, I kind of gave up on it. I still stayed quite spiritual, I think I always have been in all honesty. I'm a very deep feeler and sensitive to energy/spirits/what have you... My research didn't stop, however. I dove deep into Greek mythology and history and read all the stories I had been merely introduced to as a child. I have also read up on other pantheons and deities, but the Greek gods and goddesses hold a special place in my heart.

Now that I'm older, I'm ready to being practicing seriously. There has been a lot of development with my family, myself, my mental health, etc and I feel a need to connect with the gods and goddesses - and most importantly the earth around me. One god in particular has been extremely relevant in my life to the point that it's actually kinda spooky now! Dionysos is an extremely charged name for me and I get chills whenever I hear it. And when I read up on him, I feel warm 'n soft like I'm falling in love! Can he be trying to get my attention? That's why I'm here! Research research research......

I can't wait to see what I can learn from the other members of this wonderful forum. What I've found so far has been extremely helpful. Here's to a fruitful discovery! xoxo

P.S.
I'm constantly learning. Please, by all means, correct me if I'm using a word wrong, or if my spelling/capitalization is off. And never feel shy about contacting me!

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Tags: