Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Altar & Shrine inspiration & pics  (Read 126509 times)

anonymus

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Altar & Shrine inspiration & pics
« Reply #300 on: October 31, 2015, 05:17:36 pm »
Quote from: anonymus;144236

Just wanted to update now that I'm in a new place, It's pretty minimalist with assorted objects representing the four elements and a miniature pumpkin for seasonal decoration
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 05:24:54 pm by anonymus »

anonymus

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 31, 2015, 05:29:09 pm »
Quote from: anonymus;181733

[attach=CONFIG][/attach][attach=CONFIG][/attach]

DawningFox

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 01, 2015, 12:18:26 pm »
Quote from: anonymus;181735
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

That´s not a bad sized pumpkin. It dosen´t take up space, and it gives a nice color among the light wood.

lady*leaf

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 22, 2015, 10:17:18 am »
Quote from: Liadine (dragonflyeyes);17578
I just re-did my altar & shrine for autumn, and I took some pictures for a friend, so here they are!

My shrine for Brighid (the cloth is a deep brown-red, hard to tell here, and the biggest candle is tan, not the weird purple colour it looks here)

Two pictures of my altar, decked out for autumn.

I love the autumn altar!

I've just set up my little space for The Morrigan a few months ago, I had some little pumpkins around for Samhain but they've since gone a bit moldy so I gave them to some squirrels in the park.

Here's a photo of mine. Right now it's just a little corner of my living room since my apartment is tiny and usually cluttered.

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #304 on: November 22, 2015, 04:25:26 pm »
Quote from: missgraceless;111030
All of these altars are gorgeous! Here's my new and current shrine for Quan Yin. It gets taken down if I need to do some other ritual, but otherwise it'll stay the way it is.

So I didn't even remember posting this until I went through all the pages again.

That picture was taken when I was still living with my mom in Connecticut, this one is in my new (shared) house in North Carolina. Unfortunately it's a very small room shared with my boyfriend so my shrine is on top of a tiny, cheap Wal-Mart dresser inside my closet, but I make do.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

Nothingness

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Religion: Celtic Shamanic Wicca, currently studing Druidry and I'm in OBOD.
« Reply #305 on: November 26, 2015, 05:43:18 am »
Quote from: caelestisraven;1045
I would love some inspiration & ideas. So if anyone would love to share pics or descriptions of their altars it would be lovely. I always find it just amazing the beauty & creativity that go into some altars & shrines.

My regular altar is here, but my kitten broke a few things so I keep my bedroom's door closed now so he cannot go there.

https://strangerealms.wordpress.com/2013/11/29/my-altar/

And I've recently made a prosperity altar as well, which is in the bedroom too:

https://strangerealms.wordpress.com/2014/08/26/my-prosperity-altar-final/

Yanshuf Ruah

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 28, 2015, 07:25:58 pm »
I would love some inspiration & ideas. So if anyone would love to share pics or descriptions of their altars it would be lovely. I always find it just amazing the beauty & creativity that go into some altars & shrines.

Love seeing all the beautiful altars here.

My altar is very small and kind of cobbled together due to lack of space and lack of resources at the moment...

It's hard to see, but under the cloth (which is temporary) the table is a sculpture of dolphins and coral which is supposed to represent the sea, and the stuff on the altar is supposed to represent the earth. Right now it's nestled in between my two desks, which is sort of a low-key location, but I'm considering moving it to the top of one of my desks.
יַנשׁוּף רוּחַ
yanshuf owl ruah spirit/breath/air
Call me Yan for short!

Nothingness

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Religion: Celtic Shamanic Wicca, currently studing Druidry and I'm in OBOD.
« Reply #307 on: January 01, 2016, 01:30:42 am »
I would love some inspiration & ideas. So if anyone would love to  share pics or descriptions of their altars it would be lovely. I always  find it just amazing the beauty & creativity that go into some  altars & shrines.

My small Druid Altar:

https://strangerealms.wordpress.com/2016/01/01/my-small-druid-altar/

Littlewolf

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 07, 2016, 10:39:28 am »
I would love some inspiration & ideas.

Greetings,
 I love all the beautiful and inspirational pictures, i can really see the love and spirit in them. It's also nice to see how long this thread has been kept open so I'd like to help keep it going.

Yesterday i was finally able to put my shrine up at a decent level, before it was too high up but now it's at sitting level. I also finally have a proper idol for Odin (center), before it was a picture in a blue frame, but i still need to make or buy a throne for him.

Most of the idols are hand made so if anyone wants to know how i made them, so that they can do it themselves, please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Thank you all for your wisdom and spirit.

Olivia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 07, 2016, 03:30:30 pm »
Quote from: Littlewolf;184737
Greetings,
 I love all the beautiful and inspirational pictures, i can really see the love and spirit in them. It's also nice to see how long this thread has been kept open so I'd like to help keep it going.

Yesterday i was finally able to put my shrine up at a decent level, before it was too high up but now it's at sitting level. I also finally have a proper idol for Odin (center), before it was a picture in a blue frame, but i still need to make or buy a throne for him.

Most of the idols are hand made so if anyone wants to know how i made them, so that they can do it themselves, please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Thank you all for your wisdom and spirit.

I can't leave an altar out because I have a cat that likes to steal things but I really enjoyed looking at all your pictures.

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #310 on: January 07, 2016, 09:40:57 pm »
Quote from: missgraceless;182619
So I didn't even remember posting this until I went through all the pages again.

That picture was taken when I was still living with my mom in Connecticut, this one is in my new (shared) house in North Carolina. Unfortunately it's a very small room shared with my boyfriend so my shrine is on top of a tiny, cheap Wal-Mart dresser inside my closet, but I make do.
So I finally got a Quan Yin statue. :D

She was originally on my shrine, but She felt so far away that I put Her on my nightstand not 3 feet from my pillow. She's about 5 inches tall and made of resin. The little flower card behind Her is my birthday card from my mother-in-law that was too pretty to throw away.

(Completely unrelated to anything, but my boyfriend is listening to Du Hast in the shower and it's just great.)
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #311 on: January 08, 2016, 06:51:43 am »
Quote from: Olivia;184759
I can't leave an altar out because I have a cat that likes to steal things but I really enjoyed looking at all your pictures.

I have two cats, one in particular likes to push things off the furniture and then hide them under the furniture!  I finally came up with a mini-altar which is in a wide-ish wooden bowl, which in turn rests on top of a floor-standing candelabra (which didn't get used for burning candles because it's too near to some curtains & because cats).  It's also portable, so if the in-laws call round I can temporarily move it so it's not so visible.  I really need to post a picture so you can see what I've done, but I need to work out how to post pictures, oh and I need to take one first too.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

chrysocoyote

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 30, 2016, 04:43:50 pm »

So, I was just working from my main altar for the longest time, when i finally got the idea to make a shrine in my head, it was like it was meant to be- the next day or so, when visiting a friend, i found a beautiful table standing right next to the dumpsters for her apartment complex. naturally, i brought it home, and cleaned it, and decided to make it a shrine to Dionysus with the help of my partner! This is what we created:

He seems to have gotten a massive kick out of how we took a dumpster table and turned it into something beautiful and spiritual. needless to say, this is a small lesson in how inspiration lurks everywhere, and that you can find spirituality just about anywhere! this shrine sits on the balcony of my apartment, since we didn't really have a lot of room inside. I think it looks beautiful outside.

One day you\'ll walk the world and keep in mind the heart you\'ve been given in winter time,
And through the bitter cold, with opened eyes, You\'ll find the strength to fight and stand upright

Qumran@OccultRealms

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://www.occultrealms.com
« Reply #313 on: March 30, 2016, 07:29:35 pm »
I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but this forum looked like a good catch all for everyone. Please forgive me if I was wrong.

I am in the middle of moving. Everything I own is packed up and will be being unpacked in my new place over the next week or two. My new apartment is much larger then my current one & so I am hoping to make some extra room for my altar & redesign it as more then a small shelf lol.

This was my altar from forever ago:

& this was my latest:

As you can see totally empty & simple lol. I can't wait to have more space lol

The beauty of altars is that they can be as unique as you are. The sky's the limit! :)

This is one of my many altar set ups; this one on an altar cloth that serves as a portable altar surface.  This isn't the best picture and it was set up in a tiny, overstuffed room, but it served the purpose.

dragonflydreamer68

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: druidism
« Reply #314 on: March 31, 2016, 12:45:33 pm »
Quote from: chrysocoyote;189218
So, I was just working from my main altar for the longest time, when i finally got the idea to make a shrine in my head, it was like it was meant to be- the next day or so, when visiting a friend, i found a beautiful table standing right next to the dumpsters for her apartment complex. naturally, i brought it home, and cleaned it, and decided to make it a shrine to Dionysus with the help of my partner! This is what we created:

He seems to have gotten a massive kick out of how we took a dumpster table and turned it into something beautiful and spiritual. needless to say, this is a small lesson in how inspiration lurks everywhere, and that you can find spirituality just about anywhere! this shrine sits on the balcony of my apartment, since we didn't really have a lot of room inside. I think it looks beautiful outside.

that is so gorgeous

Tags: