Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Altar & Shrine inspiration & pics  (Read 125808 times)

Sobekemiti

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Sau Apprentice
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Re: Altar & Shrine inspiration & pics
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2012, 10:55:18 am »
Quote from: caelestisraven;1045
I would love some inspiration & ideas. So if anyone would love to share pics or descriptions of their altars it would be lovely. I always find it just amazing the beauty & creativity that go into some altars & shrines

This is my current Isian shrine. It contains icons of Aset, Isis, Sobek, Heru-sa-Aset, Bast, Mary, Kwan-Yin, and Yemaya, as well as a few others. The baby My Little Pony is part of a pregnancy blessing for my SIL, because I had nothing else to represent a baby. My witchcraft is nothing if not eclectic and practical. This shrine was actually a lot more cluttered but in redoing my shrines, I realised there was no point in having an altar for magic if there was nowhere to cast said magic. So I made room.

This is my shrine to Hekate, cobbled together from what I had lying around that She wanted on there when I discovered I'd be working with Her for the next year or so. Dragons and red things, mostly, since that's all I have right now. It may get added to as I get to know Her, but we'll see. It's definitely a work-in-progress as I get to know Her.
Sobekemiti | Hekatean Witch, Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu, Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are they/she

ZombyFrogg

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2012, 01:18:06 pm »
I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but this forum looked like a good catch all for everyone. Please forgive me if I was wrong.

I am in the middle of moving. Everything I own is packed up and will be being unpacked in my new place over the next week or two. My new apartment is much larger then my current one & so I am hoping to make some extra room for my altar & redesign it as more then a small shelf lol.

I would love some inspiration & ideas. So if anyone would love to share pics or descriptions of their altars it would be lovely. I always find it just amazing the beauty & creativity that go into some altars & shrines.

This was my altar from forever ago:

& this was my latest:

As you can see totally empty & simple lol. I can't wait to have more space lol

Fairly simple..

Maps

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2012, 11:18:38 pm »
Quote from: ZombyFrogg;43327

It's in beta. :P

Don't think I'd ever want it more elaborate/cluttered... less crappy, but not much more to it.

Silverlight

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://lianslalas.bloglspot.com
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2012, 01:09:22 pm »
I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but this forum looked like a good catch all for everyone. Please forgive me if I was wrong.

I am in the middle of moving. Everything I own is packed up and will be being unpacked in my new place over the next week or two. My new apartment is much larger then my current one & so I am hoping to make some extra room for my altar & redesign it as more then a small shelf lol.

I would love some inspiration & ideas. So if anyone would love to share pics or descriptions of their altars it would be lovely. I always find it just amazing the beauty & creativity that go into some altars & shrines.

& this was my latest:

Here is my altar; it's super small because of space issues, and I try and keep my cats off of it now after they made an accident maybe six months ago

asdfghjkl

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2012, 10:49:51 am »

Here's a druid altar that I had set up last year for meditation and prayer. I'm quite proud of it. :)

Silverlight

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://lianslalas.bloglspot.com
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2012, 10:56:32 am »
Quote from: thorsvin;44389
Here's a druid altar that I had set up last year for meditation and prayer. I'm quite proud of it. :)

That's very pretty!  I love it :)

Mandi

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2012, 09:01:32 am »

I LOVE this thread! I'm in the process of setting up my first altar; it might take a while, because I'm taking my time with finding the right items for me ... but when it's decent I'll defs share some pictures here :)

bluewave193

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tumblr.com/blog/oboeadventures
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2012, 11:17:00 am »

& this was my latest:

Mine is on my desk, kind of surrounding my computer. To the right I have a candle, incense holder/burner, a feather and a small plant. To the left is my fish tank.

Nothing too extravagant. After buying the plant on Saturday, I thought it would be nice to set up a meditation/concentration alter at my desk (where I do all of my school work) to help remind me to stay diligent and focused.

The fish tank (the home of my adorable Betta fish Neptune) reminds me of life in general and how special it is.
-Blue

Mandi

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2012, 06:34:02 am »
Quote from: Aqua;42688
My altar is a big mess but I like it that way. I made it all myself with things from around the home.

This altar looks a bit like mine. I love the stones representing the god and goddess! I have a pentagram drawn onto a stone for the center, but I didn't think of using it for deities. I might have to steal that one off you :) I've been struggling with representing the God. Now to find big enough stones..:eek:
What is in the taller blue container on the right? My monitor is small >.>
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:36:47 am by Mandi »

Aubrey_Rose

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2012, 11:32:24 am »

I just got to the point where I could set one up. Its failt simple, and loaded down wth candles, because I LOVE THEM. It has a big huge stone my boyfriend brought up from the river in the middle of it. and my crystals and sage are set up on the stone, with candles that represent the season.
I also have a candle infront for the Mother Goddess, and one for my God.
Here soon I'll have to take a picture. But I'm still making changes to it.
If we all lived a little greener, Then perhaps our children\'s children will live a little longer.
--Rose

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2012, 06:34:29 pm »
Quote from: Chatelaine;3835
Heh, mine is of the 'little money, less room' variety. It's set up on the corner of an old dressing table I have shoved into the corner of the room to use as a desk. I have postcards of Hecate and Brighid blu-tacked to the walls, with a rock salt tealight holder between them, which I replace with a jar candle (not necessarily the particular fragrance, although it is a favourite) for Cill shifts. That's all. I share the room with a toddler, and I can't afford to have trinkets lying around that will draw his attention.

I was rather unsurprised to find that, although my deity/ies changed, my altar setup hasn't. I have replaced the images with icons of Christ the Teacher and the Virgin of Kazan, but everything else remains the same. I'm looking forward to getting a diptych shrine (and would welcome suggestions on whether to buy the painted or gilded version). :)
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

The Grumble

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Kyoht.com
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2012, 11:54:35 pm »

Finally settled in to our new home...

PlaceboArtist

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 10, 2012, 03:05:36 pm »
So if anyone would love to share pics or descriptions of their altars it would be lovely. I always find it just amazing the beauty & creativity that go into some altars & shrines.

Here are two pics of mine. It's currently two shelves in my wardrobe: One for the stuff I actually want out at the time, and the one above for my books and spare stuff. At the moment it's looking quite Kemetic, because I have my collection of Bast statues out, but I have a lot of Norse influences as well - so sometime I'll post another picture when I'm in a different mood.

The pics are both quite big, so I'll link to them:
Both shelves
The main altar shelf

Fier

• Sr. Master Member
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pantheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2012, 03:11:48 pm »
Quote from: PlaceboArtist;49579
Here are two pics of mine.

I have that Animal book also. The photos are gorgeous.

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2012, 04:16:59 pm »
Quote from: PlaceboArtist;49579
Here are two pics of mine.

I like the simplicity. One doesn't see that too often wrt pagan altar/shrine spaces.
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

Tags: