caelestisraven is on a distinguished road caelestisraven's Avatar
    Last Online
    12 Jul 2012 @ 08:04 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Dianic Witch

Altar & Shrine inspiration & pics

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but this forum looked like a good catch all for everyone. Please forgive me if I was wrong.

I am in the middle of moving. Everything I own is packed up and will be being unpacked in my new place over the next week or two. My new apartment is much larger then my current one & so I am hoping to make some extra room for my altar & redesign it as more then a small shelf lol.

I would love some inspiration & ideas. So if anyone would love to share pics or descriptions of their altars it would be lovely. I always find it just amazing the beauty & creativity that go into some altars & shrines.

This was my altar from forever ago:

& this was my latest:

As you can see totally empty & simple lol. I can't wait to have more space lol
    ♥ I walk in the shadow of the moon, I dance to the pulse of the earth. ♥

My Blog....`http://moonkissedraven.blogspot.com/

Master Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredYour first Group
    Thorn is on a distinguished road Thorn's Avatar
    Last Online
    19 Apr 2014 @ 02:47 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Dionysian

Re: Altar & Shrine inspiration & pics

Quote Originally Posted by caelestisraven View Post
    So if anyone would love to share pics or descriptions of their altars it would be lovely. I always find it just amazing the beauty & creativity that go into some altars & shrines.
    Here's my Dionysos shrine. It's pretty simple. The statue is kinda ubiquitous, but I fell in love with it. The artwork is my favorite part - all original pieces from several artists that I know.

Last edited by Thorn; 4 Jul 2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: photo problems

Senior Apprentice Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Waterfall is on a distinguished road Waterfall's Avatar
    Last Online
    12 Apr 2012 @ 12:30 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Lokean

I would love some inspiration & ideas. So if anyone would love to share pics or descriptions of their altars it would be lovely. I always find it just amazing the beauty & creativity that go into some altars & shrines.
    I think mine would be more "creative" than beautiful. To start with, it's a piece of plywood superglued to beer bottles. It's not set up as it usually is right now because I was using it to launch fireworks from and it's now a scorched piece of plywood. Maybe a bit strange, but at least I can say it's unique. Also, I think it's rather fitting. I'll have to get pictures of it sometime. Might even have some pictures with the fireworks on it.

Apprentice Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points
    arkeiryn is on a distinguished road arkeiryn's Avatar
    Last Online
    14 Aug 2011 @ 02:45 PM
    Country
    UK
    Religion
    Agnostic Pantheist with Witchy tendencies

I am in the middle of moving. Everything I own is packed up and will be being unpacked in my new place over the next week or two.
    I read this and wondered whether you were my pagan house-mate (who doesn't know that I'm exploring paganism too :P). She's just moved in to the house we're sharing, and I'll be moving in in two week's time. And then I realised that your altar looks nothing like hers :P

This was my altar from forever ago:

& this was my latest:

I love the second one, it's simplicity is beautiful in my opinion :D

Unfortunately, I'm still very new to this, so I have no pictures of an altar to offer myself

Newbie Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered
    Nitz is on a distinguished road Nitz's Avatar
    Last Online
    27 Aug 2012 @ 01:14 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    neo-martianism

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but this forum looked like a good catch all for everyone. Please forgive me if I was wrong.

I am in the middle of moving. Everything I own is packed up and will be being unpacked in my new place over the next week or two. My new apartment is much larger then my current one & so I am hoping to make some extra room for my altar & redesign it as more then a small shelf lol.

I've been working on my own space, so far it's just an old end table with a big drawer in it and an empty fish tank.

1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Dragonfly68 is on a distinguished road Dragonfly68's Avatar
    Last Online
    6 May 2013 @ 04:04 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    ADF

Quote Originally Posted by Nitz View Post
    I've been working on my own space, so far it's just an old end table with a big drawer in it and an empty fish tank.
    LOL mine is the top of a tv stand, the two shelves have my cable box and dvds. It's the main altar since that's where the family spends most of our time. (Family room). It also is used as a seasonal altar too.

Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesYour first GroupVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Something-or-other I'm building; Hellenic polytheism; D'Angeline Recon; Otherfaith
    Pronouns
    they/their/them

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    I think mine would be more "creative" than beautiful. To start with, it's a piece of plywood superglued to beer bottles. It's not set up as it usually is right now because I was using it to launch fireworks from and it's now a scorched piece of plywood.
    That is all kinds of awesome. :D
    My pronouns are zie/zir/zirs but they pronouns are easier to remember for most folks.
    --
    Everyday Magic | Morag's Spindle

Journeyman
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Wood Rose is on a distinguished road Wood Rose's Avatar
    Last Online
    21 Nov 2011 @ 02:41 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Every Questing

I keep mine in a glass cabnet, I should get it all put together and take a picture to post up here. Most of my altar is consisting of rocks and feathers.

Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Chakabe is on a distinguished road Chakabe's Avatar
    Last Online
    25 Oct 2012 @ 11:24 AM
    Country
    USA
    In the vortext of pretty colors I call my mind
    Religion
    Studying Paganisim and Druidry

Quote Originally Posted by Wood Rose View Post
    I keep mine in a glass cabnet, I should get it all put together and take a picture to post up here. Most of my altar is consisting of rocks and feathers.
    I have yet to build or make mine...I have this electric fireplace in my room I might turn it into if there was not:
    A. Tv on top of it.
    B. More space (Can be fixed with a piece of plywood though I would imagine.)

It is presently sitting in a bay window space...so It actually fits the bill of an alter circle but it to is not big enough...and I'm not a builder so I cant fix that part.

I'll get around to it...I still have tons to learn.
    InnerWalden <-- New site
    "In the parlor there were three. He, the parlor lamp, and she. Two is a party but three is a crowd so the parlor lamp went out."

Apprentice Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered
    Harzgeist is on a distinguished road Harzgeist's Avatar
    Last Online
    8 Sep 2012 @ 01:53 PM
    Country
    Germany
    Religion
    Pagan - devoted to Anann and Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Chakabe View Post
    I have yet to build or make mine...I have this electric fireplace in my room I might turn it into if there was not:
    A. Tv on top of it.
    B. More space (Can be fixed with a piece of plywood though I would imagine.)
    Sorry to spam the thread, but I kept reading "eclectic fireplace" and it greatly amused me. So I thought I'd share :D
    give us a creed / To believe / a night of Lust / give us trust in / the Night

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast