Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Need Help to Fix a Round of Bad Luck  (Read 1438 times)

Emerlindian

• View Profile
Need Help to Fix a Round of Bad Luck
« on: February 20, 2017, 01:54:41 am »
Hello everyone,

It's my first time using this forum, and I'm looking for some advice. Unfortunately, I don't have many witch contacts in real life and I don't really know where to turn.

So here's the scoop. Two years back I found someone I consider to be my soulmate, however 6 months into our relationship he injured his knee and is still working to fix it. 6 months after that, he had a hernia. 8-9 months later, he had a tooth that rotted after a bad root canal and they had to remove it and a small part of his jaw. A few weeks ago, he found out that there was another problem with his teeth and he may have to have another bit of his jaw removed. It may sound absolutely ridiculous, but I'm really worried that I might be a bad luck charm.

Can anyone explain it? Am I just paranoid? Does anyone have any advice that may help?

Thanks everyone!

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
Re: Need Help to Fix a Round of Bad Luck
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 10:42:32 am »
Quote from: Emerlindian;202919

Can anyone explain it?

Have you considered the possibility that you are in his life to help him go through his suffering?
Life isn't always about you, sometimes you are somebody else's lesson/blessing.
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 12:25:47 pm »
Hello everyone,

It's my first time using this forum, and I'm looking for some advice. Unfortunately, I don't have many witch contacts in real life and I don't really know where to turn.

So here's the scoop. Two years back I found someone I consider to be my soulmate, however 6 months into our relationship he injured his knee and is still working to fix it. 6 months after that, he had a hernia. 8-9 months later, he had a tooth that rotted after a bad root canal and they had to remove it and a small part of his jaw. A few weeks ago, he found out that there was another problem with his teeth and he may have to have another bit of his jaw removed. It may sound absolutely ridiculous, but I'm really worried that I might be a bad luck charm.

Can anyone explain it? Am I just paranoid? Does anyone have any advice that may help?

Thanks everyone!

Anything that's been consistently in his life in the past 18 months could be a "bad luck charm". There's no particular reason why it should be you if the cause is a charm at all.

Plus, sometimes bad things just happen. Some people just have a few health problems and other bad stuff that crop up at the same time because life is like that.

Perhaps I'm a boring pagan, but I tend to look for the most mundane explanation first, and usually the most mundane explanation for health problems is that we have bodies and those bodies just suck sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 04:21:38 pm »
It may sound absolutely ridiculous, but I'm really worried that I might be a bad luck charm.

I agree with Sorcha's comments - sometimes stuff just happens.

(Also, you probably don't know all the stuff that was going on for him in the years before you met: it might this is a higher than usual string of not-good stuff, but not an unusual swing for him. People have varying bodies and lives and all.)

That said, it's possible that you being together with him is stirring up some stuff (your past, his past, who knows) and some cleansing and protection type practices might help clear some of it out. I've got an article on my website that is aimed more at people concerned by external bad luck, but a bunch of the practices might be helpful for you and him to consider.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Emerlindian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 12:59:07 am »
Quote from: Vixen;202926
Have you considered the possibility that you are in his life to help him go through his suffering?
Life isn't always about you, sometimes you are somebody else's lesson/blessing.

Thank you so much for this :) Honestly, I never thought about it that way (maybe I'm just a little self-conceited) and it makes me feel a lot better!

Emerlindian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 01:02:09 am »
Quote from: Sorcha;202929
Anything that's been consistently in his life in the past 18 months could be a "bad luck charm". There's no particular reason why it should be you if the cause is a charm at all.

Plus, sometimes bad things just happen. Some people just have a few health problems and other bad stuff that crop up at the same time because life is like that.

Perhaps I'm a boring pagan, but I tend to look for the most mundane explanation first, and usually the most mundane explanation for health problems is that we have bodies and those bodies just suck sometimes.

I don't think you're a boring pagan, I figured I was being a bit paranoid but it's just hard to talk to people about it from an energy or spiritual level when they aren't aware of those beliefs or think it's a little crazy. Either way, it was really good to get it off my chest :) Thanks for your response!

Tags: