Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: What Does it mean my Candle went OUT  (Read 1794 times)

Be33

• View Profile
What Does it mean my Candle went OUT
« on: February 18, 2017, 02:33:38 pm »
I burned a Green prosperity 7 day candle on Thursday. It was cleansed with holy water I put 3 holes added two petition papers put one in each whole then added fast luck oil, dragons blood oil, and cascarilla powder.  It started slow but then started to burn normally, it stayed on pretty consistent but after one day it started crackling then the flame got really big and it caught on fire setting the smoke detector off, then it just turned off by itself.  The top of the glass has black soot but the candle only burned for 1 day .  What does that mean it was crazy....?

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: What Does it mean my Candle went OUT
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 04:54:37 am »
Quote from: Be33;202829
I burned a Green prosperity 7 day candle on Thursday. It was cleansed with holy water I put 3 holes added two petition papers put one in each whole then added fast luck oil, dragons blood oil, and cascarilla powder.  It started slow but then started to burn normally, it stayed on pretty consistent but after one day it started crackling then the flame got really big and it caught on fire setting the smoke detector off, then it just turned off by itself.  The top of the glass has black soot but the candle only burned for 1 day .  What does that mean it was crazy....?

Basically, it just means that you put way too much extra stuff in there - especially, the petition papers! Paper burns very differently than a candle does, and once the candle's burning reached the petition papers, it stopped burning normally (i.e., like a candle does), and burned like paper, lots of flame and smoke and soot, and lots of ash afterward that smothered the candle flame. Now you have a mess in your candle that will probably need to be cleaned out before it's possible to light the candle wick again.

That's just the 'how stuff works' part, applicable no matter what kind of practice you have. I'm not a hoodoo practitioner, so beyond that I have to rely on other folks and the internet - but as far as I can tell, putting petition papers into holes in your candle is not a usual method (which doesn't surprise me, because of the 'how stuff works' part). It seems to be much more usual to put petition papers under candles, or into a mojo bag, container spell, your shoe, etc, rather than burning them.

When they are burned, it seems to be separately - either completely separately, in a fire-safe container on a charcoal disk; or, if one is using the candle glass as the fire-safe container, by holding the paper in the flame. (You'd still get a large flame and a good deal of smoke from that, and would probably set of your smoke detector again, but it wouldn't seem like it just suddenly happened, you'd be expecting it.)

Here are some of the sites I looked at about this. They're just what came up in a websearch, so I can't vouch for their reliability (in terms of whether they're knowledgeable/respected practitioners of Hoodoo), though they seem, from what I do know about Hoodoo, to be fairly sound regarding petition papers:
Basics of Hoodoo pt. 1-Petition Papers on ConjureMan Ali's Spiritual Blog
Name Papers and Petition Papers on Free Candle Spells
Name Papers And Petition Papers on The Demoniacal
Of Papers & Petitions on Carolina Conjure

So, no deep mystical meaning to the candle going out, just a very practical one.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 04:06:42 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;202874
So, no deep mystical meaning to the candle going out, just a very practical one.

Might even be a faulty candle.  I frequently use this type.  Sometimes they only burn halfway, or even less.  Sometimes the wicks burn so low they drown in the wax, and keeping em lit is a bitch.
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 04:19:57 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;202874
It seems to be much more usual to put petition papers under candles, or into a mojo bag, container spell, your shoe, etc, rather than burning them.

When they are burned, it seems to be separately - either completely separately, in a fire-safe container on a charcoal disk; or, if one is using the candle glass as the fire-safe container, by holding the paper in the flame.

All good, sound advice.  I've also drawn a sigil on the bottom of the pillar and written petitions along the side.  Magic(k)al Sharpies.  They're real.
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

Be33

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 12:34:43 am »
Quote from: MadZealot;202902
All good, sound advice.  I've also drawn a sigil on the bottom of the pillar and written petitions along the side.  Magic(k)al Sharpies.  They're real.

Thanks for the wise Info

Tags: