+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Senior Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Mumu Champion Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Kemetic; Feri; UU; Discordian; CoX; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; An American Werewolf In The Akhet; Etc
    Pronouns
    any of he, she, they

Re: Organ replacement

Quote Originally Posted by ehbowen View Post
    And now that I've had my bit of fun, let me acknowledge that the OP's position is valuable because it does represent thinking outside of the box.
    The thing is, "pull yourself up by your bootstraps, you're responsible for your own troubles, don't think bad thoughts" and "your mama probably messed you up" are... well, pretty standard boxes, and this stuff is comfortably inside them.

It's being cloaked in pseudo-magical bafflegab, but it's stuff I've heard for... well, more than thirty years, I can't really say I've been hearing it for near forty as some of that time I was pre-verbal. I came to awareness of larger culture during the Reagan administration, though, and that stuff was everywhere back then, and certainly it's everywhere right now.
    as the water grinds the stone
    we rise and fall
    as our ashes turn to dust
    we shine like stars - Covenant, "Bullet"

Peaceful Awakenings: Kemetic research blog
    Suns in Her Branches: Integrative religion site and blog
    Beewine Press Pagan Calendars

Journeyman Achievements:
    Overdrive31 days registered500 Experience Points
    sevensons can only hope to improve sevensons's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:13 PM
    Country
    UK
    Religion
    Mysticism

And now that I've had my bit of fun, let me acknowledge that the OP's position is valuable because it does represent thinking outside of the box. [Know anyone around here who's done that from time to time?] It's very easy to pile on with answers from Generally Accepted Reality. While I don't agree with (what I understand of) his conclusions, it's always worthwhile to re-examine first principles. I believe it's Jerry Pournelle who pointed out (in the context of writing about the Dean Drive, a proposed reactionless spacedrive invented by a now-deceased tinkerer) that Gregor Mendel's entirely correct (as we accept them now) observations about genetics were spiked and ignored for fifteen years because nobody wanted to believe that this crazy monk had an insight that eminent scientists hadn't tumbled to....
    A new way of thinking is what is required to evolve into the future we should drag our selves forward. with a new sense of direction the force would I am sure move with you. I think efficient. I am the new feeling with a desire to succeed.

Master Member Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Sorcha will become famous soon enough Sorcha's Avatar
    Last Online
    27 Apr 2017 @ 11:52 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Solitary eclectic Celtic-inspired druidish hedgewitchy christopagan... thing. *shrug*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers

And now that I've had my bit of fun, let me acknowledge that the OP's position is valuable because it does represent thinking outside of the box. [Know anyone around here who's done that from time to time?] It's very easy to pile on with answers from Generally Accepted Reality.
    Most of it sounds like a rehashing of the Matrix and standard conspiracy theory fare (what one might call "red pill ideology"; I'm seeing it a lot lately among twenty-something white males who want to congratulate themselves on how "woke" they are), with a dash of "who sinned that he was born blind, the man or his parents?" and a heaping dollop of prosperity gospel.

Very little under the sun is new, including this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Chatelaine will become famous soon enough Chatelaine's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Country
    UK
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox Christian

Quote Originally Posted by sevensons View Post
    A new way of thinking is what is required to evolve into the future we should drag our selves forward. with a new sense of direction the force would I am sure move with you. I think efficient. I am the new feeling with a desire to succeed.
    'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
    ~St Augustine~
    Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

Journeyman Achievements:
    Overdrive31 days registered500 Experience Points
    sevensons can only hope to improve sevensons's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:13 PM
    Country
    UK
    Religion
    Mysticism

Quote Originally Posted by Chatelaine View Post
    I like to know that I learn mysteries of the universe can be productive.

Journeyman
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    ehbowen is on a distinguished road ehbowen's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Southern Baptist

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhawk View Post
    The thing is, "pull yourself up by your bootstraps, you're responsible for your own troubles, don't think bad thoughts" and "your mama probably messed you up" are... well, pretty standard boxes, and this stuff is comfortably inside them.
    Where I draw the dividing line depends upon the application of the ideas. Assuming that the OP is an adult, if he wants to put those ideas into practice in his own life, as far as I'm concerned he can knock himself out. However, if he is encouraging others to eschew medical practices and treatments which have generally proven to be effective over the last couple hundred years or so...Very Bad Move. I also don't like his implied position that organic and genetic illness happens because of your (or your parents') 'wrong thoughts'...not one bit.
    --------Eric H. Bowen
    Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!

Master Member Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Sorcha will become famous soon enough Sorcha's Avatar
    Last Online
    27 Apr 2017 @ 11:52 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Solitary eclectic Celtic-inspired druidish hedgewitchy christopagan... thing. *shrug*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers

Where I draw the dividing line depends upon the application of the ideas. Assuming that the OP is an adult, if he wants to put those ideas into practice in his own life, as far as I'm concerned he can knock himself out. However, if he is encouraging others to eschew medical practices and treatments which have generally proven to be effective over the last couple hundred years or so...Very Bad Move. I also don't like his implied position that organic and genetic illness happens because of your (or your parents') 'wrong thoughts'...not one bit.
    Exactly. Which makes me wonder about children. That's an incredibly destructive ideology to feed a child. My parents sort of unintentionally said some things that made me think that bad stuff that happened to me was due to unrelated "wrong thoughts" that I'd had (as in I extrapolated that; they didn't actually say it; they'd be horrified if they thought they'd caused me to think that way), and it caused YEARS of guilt and other fucked-up-ness.

And from my experience with "disease is all in your head" types, they tend to be very evangelistic; they can't just sit at home and be unnecessarily suffering themselves. They have to try to convince others because it validates them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11