Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Today at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Today at 07:44:49 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Author Topic: Organ replacement  (Read 8315 times)

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
Re: Organ replacement
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2017, 06:53:50 am »
Quote from: Darkhawk;203187
The thing is, "pull yourself up by your bootstraps, you're responsible for your own troubles, don't think bad thoughts" and "your mama probably messed you up" are... well, pretty standard boxes, and this stuff is comfortably inside them.

Where I draw the dividing line depends upon the application of the ideas. Assuming that the OP is an adult, if he wants to put those ideas into practice in his own life, as far as I'm concerned he can knock himself out. However, if he is encouraging others to eschew medical practices and treatments which have generally proven to be effective over the last couple hundred years or so...Very Bad Move. I also don't like his implied position that organic and genetic illness happens because of your (or your parents') 'wrong thoughts'...not one bit.
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2017, 05:21:30 pm »
Quote from: ehbowen;203197
Where I draw the dividing line depends upon the application of the ideas. Assuming that the OP is an adult, if he wants to put those ideas into practice in his own life, as far as I'm concerned he can knock himself out. However, if he is encouraging others to eschew medical practices and treatments which have generally proven to be effective over the last couple hundred years or so...Very Bad Move. I also don't like his implied position that organic and genetic illness happens because of your (or your parents') 'wrong thoughts'...not one bit.

Exactly. Which makes me wonder about children. That's an incredibly destructive ideology to feed a child. My parents sort of unintentionally said some things that made me think that bad stuff that happened to me was due to unrelated "wrong thoughts" that I'd had (as in I extrapolated that; they didn't actually say it; they'd be horrified if they thought they'd caused me to think that way), and it caused YEARS of guilt and other fucked-up-ness.

And from my experience with "disease is all in your head" types, they tend to be very evangelistic; they can't just sit at home and be unnecessarily suffering themselves. They have to try to convince others because it validates them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2020, 03:11:31 pm »

I like to know that I learn mysteries of the universe can be productive.
I did learn some relevant spells like most who keep with the path  I'm 53 I feel no pain. I never get out of breath I feel better now than ever so here's to getting younger. I am not getting better.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

Tags: