+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Senior Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Mumu Champion Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Kemetic; Feri; UU; Discordian; CoX; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; An American Werewolf In The Akhet; Etc
    Pronouns
    any of he, she, they

Re: Beginning worship.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcha View Post
    Oh, I was kidding. If it were to happen, it would be better for it to be in a location accessible to a lot more pagans. I live in coastal Maine.
    Well, New Englandish suggests that something that can take advantage of the Salem market, given that that area gets tourist traffic as well as locals. (Mind, Salem is itself sort of this thing already, in some areas, though a ... lot... of it is... crap.)
    as the water grinds the stone
    we rise and fall
    as our ashes turn to dust
    we shine like stars - Covenant, "Bullet"

Peaceful Awakenings: Kemetic research blog
    Suns in Her Branches: Integrative religion site and blog
    Beewine Press Pagan Calendars

Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Mumu Champion Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk has a reputation beyond repute Darkhawk's Avatar
    Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Kemetic; Feri; UU; Discordian; CoX; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; An American Werewolf In The Akhet; Etc
    Pronouns
    any of he, she, they

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhawk View Post
    Well, New Englandish suggests that something that can take advantage of the Salem market, given that that area gets tourist traffic as well as locals. (Mind, Salem is itself sort of this thing already, in some areas, though a ... lot... of it is... crap.)
    I think the thread I was thinking of, meanwhile, was on a different board version (I seem to recall a similar thread where I was fantasising about a shop that has a wide variety of different wood twigs for wandcrafting purposes at one point, but maybe that was in my head) but of possible interest to folks, "What would your ideal pagan store carry?"
    we rise and fall

Master Member Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Sorcha will become famous soon enough Sorcha's Avatar
    Last Online
    12 Mar 2017 @ 06:53 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Solitary eclectic Celtic-inspired druidish hedgewitchy christopagan... thing. *shrug*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers

New England is a vast place. I'm about five hours from Salem. Sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Pronouns
    any of he, she, they

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcha View Post
    New England is a vast place. I'm about five hours from Salem. Sadly.
    Still! It'd be more convenient for you than, say, Arizona!

I think big nexus points for a pagan mall type thing would be the Salem area, Minneapolis, the SF Bay Area, and ... New Orleans, maybe? I'm less clear on where the nexus points are in the South. Wherever Serpentstone is, possibly.
    we rise and fall

Three FriendsYour first GroupCreated Album picturesOverdriveRecommendation Second Class
    SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP is a splendid one to behold SunflowerP's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Religious Witchcraft
    Pronouns
    sie/hir/hirs

Still! It'd be more convenient for you than, say, Arizona!

I think big nexus points for a pagan mall type thing would be the Salem area, Minneapolis, the SF Bay Area, and ... New Orleans, maybe? I'm less clear on where the nexus points are in the South. Wherever Serpentstone is, possibly.
    Also NYC (or somewhere in its commuter catchment area - so this mall could wind up in New Jersey).

I'm not sure if the South has a nexus that's on anything like the same scale as NYC, the Bay Area, and Minneapolis. I believe Serpentstone is in NC (as was the Frosts' Church and School of Wicca, for many years, though it later relocated to WV), so that's definitely a possibility.

Sunflower
    Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    I do so have a life. I just live part of it online.
    “Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
    to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
    "Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
    My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ

Master Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Tom is just really nice Tom is just really nice Tom is just really nice Tom is just really nice Tom's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Devotee of Veles, Slavic Heathen, Fictional Recon
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by SunflowerP View Post
    Also NYC (or somewhere in its commuter catchment area - so this mall could wind up in New Jersey).

I'm not sure if the South has a nexus that's on anything like the same scale as NYC, the Bay Area, and Minneapolis. I believe Serpentstone is in NC (as was the Frosts' Church and School of Wicca, for many years, though it later relocated to WV), so that's definitely a possibility.

Sunflower
    Possibly around the Baltimore/Washington DC Metro area? I mean, that's more Mid-Atlantic than Southern, so it probably wouldn't solve any problems. I'm not really that familiar with anything below Northern Virginia.

Grand Master Member Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Redfaery is just really nice Redfaery is just really nice Redfaery is just really nice Redfaery is just really nice Redfaery's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Devotee of Saraswati
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Possibly around the Baltimore/Washington DC Metro area? I mean, that's more Mid-Atlantic than Southern, so it probably wouldn't solve any problems. I'm not really that familiar with anything below Northern Virginia.
    In North Carolina specifically I'd say the Triangle, the Triad, and Charlotte.
    KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4