+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    Master Member Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Sorcha will become famous soon enough Sorcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    12 Mar 2017 @ 06:53 AM
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Religion
    Solitary eclectic Celtic-inspired druidish hedgewitchy christopagan... thing. *shrug*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Posts
    275

    Re: Beginning worship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeohex View Post
    Nobody's going to make you nail something down ASAP. Have fun with it!
    I love this metaphor. Like oh my gods. I want a mall like this and have like a witchy barnes and noble omfg.
    I'm glad it works for you! I have to continually remind myself that I don't have to figure it out today or tomorrow or next week or next year.

    Every time I'm like "Do I want to be a Druid or an eclectic Celtic pagan? Do I want to do hoodoo? I NEED TO CHOOSE A MAGIC SYSTEM!!! Which gods do I choose? I mean, like, do I want to work with X deity for the next eighty years or not?!? Candle magic! I need that, oh and why am I seriously not doing sigils like every day?" I have to remind myself to just breathe and put on the brakes and just take it one step, one candle, one prayer, one spell at a time.

    The gods have been around for a loooooooong time and they're very patient. They'll be there when we're ready. Brigid elbowed me patiently and gently for about a year before I was like OKAY FINE, and she's definitely okay with it taking me that long.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Senior Newbie Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Bladeohex is on a distinguished road Bladeohex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    16 Mar 2017 @ 01:41 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Eclectic Paganism
    Pronouns
    He, Him
    Posts
    15

    Re: Beginning worship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcha View Post
    I'm glad it works for you! I have to continually remind myself that I don't have to figure it out today or tomorrow or next week or next year.

    Every time I'm like "Do I want to be a Druid or an eclectic Celtic pagan? Do I want to do hoodoo? I NEED TO CHOOSE A MAGIC SYSTEM!!! Which gods do I choose? I mean, like, do I want to work with X deity for the next eighty years or not?!? Candle magic! I need that, oh and why am I seriously not doing sigils like every day?" I have to remind myself to just breathe and put on the brakes and just take it one step, one candle, one prayer, one spell at a time.

    The gods have been around for a loooooooong time and they're very patient. They'll be there when we're ready. Brigid elbowed me patiently and gently for about a year before I was like OKAY FINE, and she's definitely okay with it taking me that long.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you so much for the insight

  3. #13
    Staff Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points
    Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:18 AM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    witchcraft
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Posts
    1,103

    Re: Beginning worship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcha View Post
    I'm glad it works for you! I have to continually remind myself that I don't have to figure it out today or tomorrow or next week or next year.
    Speaking as an Old Fuck, I can also add that even if you do think you've figured it out? Things will change over the years.

    Also I want to see the Food Court in the Paganism Mall.
    (the artist formerly known as Mama Fortuna)
    Rock-n-Roll Witch - the blog
    in the violet hour to the violent sound - the tumblr

  4. #14
    Master Member Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Sorcha will become famous soon enough Sorcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    12 Mar 2017 @ 06:53 AM
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Religion
    Solitary eclectic Celtic-inspired druidish hedgewitchy christopagan... thing. *shrug*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Posts
    275

    Re: Beginning worship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Fortuna View Post
    Speaking as an Old Fuck, I can also add that even if you do think you've figured it out? Things will change over the years.

    Also I want to see the Food Court in the Paganism Mall.
    I'm a Not-So-Old Fuck, and I can say that I thought I had it nailed down around twenty-five or so. And then I met my ex, who was a former Wiccan and current agnostic and that changed everything.

    And if there's not a buffet called "Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog" and a soup place called "Boil and Bubble", I will be severely disappointed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Staff Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sefiru has a spectacular aura about Sefiru has a spectacular aura about Sefiru has a spectacular aura about Sefiru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:55 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Eastern Ontario
    Religion
    Kemetic Remix
    Posts
    719

    Re: Beginning worship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Fortuna View Post

    Also I want to see the Food Court in the Paganism Mall.
    Would they serve cakes and ale?

    I'd like to see one of those 'Paint Your Own Pottery' places with deity figurines and other altar stuff.

  6. #16
    Master Member Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Sorcha will become famous soon enough Sorcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    12 Mar 2017 @ 06:53 AM
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Religion
    Solitary eclectic Celtic-inspired druidish hedgewitchy christopagan... thing. *shrug*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Posts
    275

    Re: Beginning worship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sefiru View Post
    Would they serve cakes and ale?

    I'd like to see one of those 'Paint Your Own Pottery' places with deity figurines and other altar stuff.
    Ooh definitely.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Chatelaine will become famous soon enough Chatelaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:41 AM
    Country
    UK
    Location
    Essex
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox Christian
    Posts
    584

    Re: Beginning worship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcha View Post
    And if there's not a buffet called "Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog" and a soup place called "Boil and Bubble", I will be severely disappointed.
    I want to see the Four Seasons pizza upgraded to Eight Sabbats pizza. Because why not? (Challenges. We loves them.)
    'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
    ~St Augustine~
    Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

  8. #18
    Master Member Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Sorcha will become famous soon enough Sorcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    12 Mar 2017 @ 06:53 AM
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Religion
    Solitary eclectic Celtic-inspired druidish hedgewitchy christopagan... thing. *shrug*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Posts
    275

    Re: Beginning worship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chatelaine View Post
    I want to see the Four Seasons pizza upgraded to Eight Sabbats pizza. Because why not? (Challenges. We loves them.)
    Mmmm yes. With seasonal pizzas.

    I just want to browse the bookstores. You know there would be multiple stores. I think the one I'm most excited about would be the one selling rare and hard to find magic and occult books. Just that right amount of dust and old book smell? Yaaaaaas.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #19
    Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Chatelaine will become famous soon enough Chatelaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:41 AM
    Country
    UK
    Location
    Essex
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox Christian
    Posts
    584

    Re: Beginning worship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcha View Post
    I just want to browse the bookstores. You know there would be multiple stores. I think the one I'm most excited about would be the one selling rare and hard to find magic and occult books. Just that right amount of dust and old book smell? Yaaaaaas.
    I'm salivating at the thought of the book clubs that could be held in such places. We can put up with the occasional fluffy bunny author coming in for signings in return, can't we?

    ...Come to think about it, the stitch'n'bitch corner would be pretty epic too.
    'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
    ~St Augustine~
    Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

  10. #20
    Master Member Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Sorcha will become famous soon enough Sorcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    12 Mar 2017 @ 06:53 AM
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Religion
    Solitary eclectic Celtic-inspired druidish hedgewitchy christopagan... thing. *shrug*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Posts
    275

    Re: Beginning worship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chatelaine View Post
    I'm salivating at the thought of the book clubs that could be held in such places. We can put up with the occasional fluffy bunny author coming in for signings in return, can't we?

    ...Come to think about it, the stitch'n'bitch corner would be pretty epic too.
    Stitch'n'Witch?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hello from the beginning of my path!
    By beith in forum Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11 Dec 2013, 07:09 AM
  2. Beginning magic
    By Sarah in forum Magic and the Occult for Beginners
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18 Jul 2013, 07:20 AM
  3. The Beginning of Everything
    By Dragonoake in forum Science and Technology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30 Nov 2012, 06:20 PM
  4. The End or a Beginning
    By browen in forum Miscellaneous Religious Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 20 Oct 2012, 04:18 PM
  5. beginning my path
    By herkles in forum Paganism For Beginners
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28 Jan 2012, 10:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts