16 Mar 2017 @ 01:41 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Eclectic Paganism
    Pronouns
    He, Him

Beginning worship.

Hello everyone, My name is Colin and I have just recently became a Eclectic Pagan. Last night I performed a rite to find my patron deity. After I completed the rite I felt like I had hellfire in my body but yet I was not sweating, I was then compelled to grab my ancient Greek coins, I was also compelled to speak with my girlfriend about pouring wine into the ground when I get married. I believe that this was Hades speaking to me. I am looking for some prayers to Hades that I can perform. Please help!

Staff Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points
    Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    witchcraft
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Re: Beginning worship.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeohex View Post
    Hello everyone, My name is Colin and I have just recently became a Eclectic Pagan. Last night I performed a rite to find my patron deity. After I completed the rite I felt like I had hellfire in my body but yet I was not sweating, I was then compelled to grab my ancient Greek coins, I was also compelled to speak with my girlfriend about pouring wine into the ground when I get married. I believe that this was Hades speaking to me. I am looking for some prayers to Hades that I can perform. Please help!
    Okay, breathe.

There's a lot going on in this post. So, how about you break it down, huh? You just want prayers for some reason...?
    (the artist formerly known as Mama Fortuna)
    Rock-n-Roll Witch - the blog
    in the violet hour to the violent sound - the tumblr

Senior Newbie Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Bladeohex is on a distinguished road Bladeohex's Avatar
    Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Eclectic Paganism
    Pronouns
    He, Him

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Fortuna View Post
    Okay, breathe.

There's a lot going on in this post. So, how about you break it down, huh? You just want prayers for some reason...?
    I'm sorry. I am looking for a path in general, I wrote this in a haze after a long night. I need a form of guidance as I am fairly lost in this world. I was an atheist for a very long time. Recent events such as the passing of my grandmother and the feeling of an old friend (presence of a spirit or god ) in the room has re ignited my spiritual flame. I have decided that Eclectic paganism and Wicca are the path for me. I need some help finding my way.

Staff Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points
    Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch is a glorious beacon of light Emma Eldritch's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    witchcraft
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

I'm sorry. I am looking for a path in general, I wrote this in a haze after a long night. I need a form of guidance as I am fairly lost in this world. I was an atheist for a very long time. Recent events such as the passing of my grandmother and the feeling of an old friend (presence of a spirit or god ) in the room has re ignited my spiritual flame. I have decided that Eclectic paganism and Wicca are the path for me. I need some help finding my way.
    Okay, one thing you should always remember as a beginner is that you don't have to nail yourself down to a path right away. Explore! Read! Try stuff!

That said, I'm gonna direct you to Jenett's site here. There is a lot of good information there geared towards beginners. Take your time and poke around there and also here on the forum.

Nobody here is gonna have all the answers, or be able to direct you to the 'right' path for you, but by just reading and talking to people I can promise you'll start to develop your own sense of where to go.
    (the artist formerly known as Mama Fortuna)
    Rock-n-Roll Witch - the blog
    in the violet hour to the violent sound - the tumblr

Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Eclectic Paganism
    Pronouns
    He, Him

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Fortuna View Post
    Okay, one thing you should always remember as a beginner is that you don't have to nail yourself down to a path right away. Explore! Read! Try stuff!

That said, I'm gonna direct you to Jenett's site here. There is a lot of good information there geared towards beginners. Take your time and poke around there and also here on the forum.

Nobody here is gonna have all the answers, or be able to direct you to the 'right' path for you, but by just reading and talking to people I can promise you'll start to develop your own sense of where to go.
    Thank you very much.

Master Member Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Sorcha will become famous soon enough Sorcha's Avatar
    Last Online
    23 Apr 2017 @ 09:17 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Solitary eclectic Celtic-inspired druidish hedgewitchy christopagan... thing. *shrug*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers

I second Mama Fortuna. Take your time! There's no rush, no reason to dash into a specific path. Paganism is like a spirituality mall: grab a latté, pick up some candles, browse the gods, check out the meditation lounge, try that spell that pushy guy at the kiosk is hawking (but probably don't buy the spell kit, y'know? Those kiosk things are mostly gimmicks). Chill in the massage chair with that witchy book you bought. Drool over the athames (they may not be your thing, but hot damn are they cool). The store selling divination tools is the sort of place you can spend forever in. Sure, you don't really NEED the glittery Gandalf hat, but it was on sale...

Nobody's going to make you nail something down ASAP. Have fun with it!

(Also, this paganism mall thing needs to exist. Seriously.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Chatelaine will become famous soon enough Chatelaine's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Country
    UK
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcha View Post
    That sounds like everything a metaphysical fair has ever aimed to be, only better, bigger, and permanent.
    'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
    ~St Augustine~
    Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

Master Member Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Sorcha will become famous soon enough Sorcha's Avatar
    Last Online
    23 Apr 2017 @ 09:17 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Solitary eclectic Celtic-inspired druidish hedgewitchy christopagan... thing. *shrug*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers

Quote Originally Posted by Chatelaine View Post
    That sounds like everything a metaphysical fair has ever aimed to be, only better, bigger, and permanent.
    I know, right? I starting writing it as a total metaphor, and got halfway through and was like OMG I WANT TO GO TO THIS.

Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Eclectic Paganism
    Pronouns
    He, Him

I know, right? I starting writing it as a total metaphor, and got halfway through and was like OMG I WANT TO GO TO THIS.

I love this community oml lol

Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Eclectic Paganism
    Pronouns
    He, Him

I second Mama Fortuna. Take your time! There's no rush, no reason to dash into a specific path. Paganism is like a spirituality mall: grab a latté, pick up some candles, browse the gods, check out the meditation lounge, try that spell that pushy guy at the kiosk is hawking (but probably don't buy the spell kit, y'know? Those kiosk things are mostly gimmicks). Chill in the massage chair with that witchy book you bought. Drool over the athames (they may not be your thing, but hot damn are they cool). The store selling divination tools is the sort of place you can spend forever in. Sure, you don't really NEED the glittery Gandalf hat, but it was on sale...

Nobody's going to make you nail something down ASAP. Have fun with it!
    I love this metaphor. Like oh my gods. I want a mall like this and have like a witchy barnes and noble omfg.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast