"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: It's a pleasure to meet you!  (Read 1015 times)

Nymirah

• View Profile
It's a pleasure to meet you!
« on: February 14, 2017, 04:39:51 pm »
Greetings and merry meet from Canada!

Now before I say anything else, I would very much like to mention how humbled and grateful I am to have found such a vibrant and robust community of pagans! I have felt more than a little isolated of late with no friends or family to speak of that would even remotely tolerate, let alone understand, my feet on the pagan path.

To quote the small bio I added to my profile:

"Although born into a militantly Christian family I was always drawn toward nature, fairytales, magick, Mother Earth and the idea of a Goddess. With great difficulty, and enough time, I was eventually able to shed myself of the dogma that had kept me so frightened and so ashamed in my youth. Liberated and free at last, I now happily associate myself with the New Age and Pagan movements, and though I am still very green and unlearned in this regard, I am very much looking forward to this new journey."

While nosing around these forums earlier today I read one woman refer to herself as "in the broom closet" and that's probably a fairly apt description for where I find myself these days as well. Fortunately my significant other is a very open minded individual (and very scholarly with all things esoteric) but aside from him I haven't had anyone else to talk to about these things in... well... ever! :ashamed:

Aside from making friends, and perhaps if I am so lucky, meeting mentors, I hope to further my knowledge of the Celtic pantheon and traditions, partially because of my heritage, and partially because of an inexplicable pull toward it. Also, in general am looking for new ways to express my love, appreciation and utmost respect for nature while bolstering my passion, energy, creativity and libido.  

Thank you to everyone who took the time to stop by and learn a little about me. I can't wait to get to you know all.

Oh... and if I was supposed to mention the non-paganish bits about me, I'm a Canadian female, very adventurous, and a little bit stubborn (though I prefer the term strong-willed.) I love the colors purple and green. I enjoy writing fantasy books, sketching out pretty geometry and playing the harp. I always keep as many pets as I can reasonably afford (which isn't much) and I like to start each day with yoga and meditation. Is that too much information? I suppose I'm also a bit of a babbler.  :o

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: It's a pleasure to meet you!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 08:42:14 pm »
Quote from: Nymirah;202659

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 09:38:13 pm »

Now before I say anything else, I would very much like to mention how humbled and grateful I am to have found such a vibrant and robust community of pagans! I have felt more than a little isolated of late with no friends or family to speak of that would even remotely tolerate, let alone understand, my feet on the pagan path.

To quote the small bio I added to my profile:

"Although born into a militantly Christian family I was always drawn toward nature, fairytales, magick, Mother Earth and the idea of a Goddess. With great difficulty, and enough time, I was eventually able to shed myself of the dogma that had kept me so frightened and so ashamed in my youth. Liberated and free at last, I now happily associate myself with the New Age and Pagan movements, and though I am still very green and unlearned in this regard, I am very much looking forward to this new journey."

While nosing around these forums earlier today I read one woman refer to herself as "in the broom closet" and that's probably a fairly apt description for where I find myself these days as well. Fortunately my significant other is a very open minded individual (and very scholarly with all things esoteric) but aside from him I haven't had anyone else to talk to about these things in... well... ever! :ashamed:

Aside from making friends, and perhaps if I am so lucky, meeting mentors, I hope to further my knowledge of the Celtic pantheon and traditions, partially because of my heritage, and partially because of an inexplicable pull toward it. Also, in general am looking for new ways to express my love, appreciation and utmost respect for nature while bolstering my passion, energy, creativity and libido.  

Thank you to everyone who took the time to stop by and learn a little about me. I can't wait to get to you know all.

Oh... and if I was supposed to mention the non-paganish bits about me, I'm a Canadian female, very adventurous, and a little bit stubborn (though I prefer the term strong-willed.) I love the colors purple and green. I enjoy writing fantasy books, sketching out pretty geometry and playing the harp. I always keep as many pets as I can reasonably afford (which isn't much) and I like to start each day with yoga and meditation. Is that too much information? I suppose I'm also a bit of a babbler.  :o

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 11:38:18 pm »
I enjoy...sketching out pretty geometry

Ah-hah! Then this may or may not be of interest to you:

http://ecauldron.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Sacred+Geometry

And welcome to the Cauldron!
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Tags: