Last Online
    17 Feb 2017 @ 11:18 AM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    I'm still searching for a home.

It's a pleasure to meet you!

Greetings and merry meet from Canada!

Now before I say anything else, I would very much like to mention how humbled and grateful I am to have found such a vibrant and robust community of pagans! I have felt more than a little isolated of late with no friends or family to speak of that would even remotely tolerate, let alone understand, my feet on the pagan path.

To quote the small bio I added to my profile:

"Although born into a militantly Christian family I was always drawn toward nature, fairytales, magick, Mother Earth and the idea of a Goddess. With great difficulty, and enough time, I was eventually able to shed myself of the dogma that had kept me so frightened and so ashamed in my youth. Liberated and free at last, I now happily associate myself with the New Age and Pagan movements, and though I am still very green and unlearned in this regard, I am very much looking forward to this new journey."

While nosing around these forums earlier today I read one woman refer to herself as "in the broom closet" and that's probably a fairly apt description for where I find myself these days as well. Fortunately my significant other is a very open minded individual (and very scholarly with all things esoteric) but aside from him I haven't had anyone else to talk to about these things in... well... ever!

Aside from making friends, and perhaps if I am so lucky, meeting mentors, I hope to further my knowledge of the Celtic pantheon and traditions, partially because of my heritage, and partially because of an inexplicable pull toward it. Also, in general am looking for new ways to express my love, appreciation and utmost respect for nature while bolstering my passion, energy, creativity and libido.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to stop by and learn a little about me. I can't wait to get to you know all.

Oh... and if I was supposed to mention the non-paganish bits about me, I'm a Canadian female, very adventurous, and a little bit stubborn (though I prefer the term strong-willed.) I love the colors purple and green. I enjoy writing fantasy books, sketching out pretty geometry and playing the harp. I always keep as many pets as I can reasonably afford (which isn't much) and I like to start each day with yoga and meditation. Is that too much information? I suppose I'm also a bit of a babbler.

Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesYour first GroupVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag is a splendid one to behold Morag's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:27 AM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Something-or-other I'm building; Hellenic polytheism; D'Angeline Recon; Otherfaith
    Pronouns
    they/their/them

Re: It's a pleasure to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymirah View Post
    Welcome to TC!
    My pronouns are zie/zir/zirs but they pronouns are easier to remember for most folks.

Journeyman Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Voren is on a distinguished road Voren's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Spiritualist
    Pronouns
    Xe/Xir/Xem/Xey

Now before I say anything else, I would very much like to mention how humbled and grateful I am to have found such a vibrant and robust community of pagans! I have felt more than a little isolated of late with no friends or family to speak of that would even remotely tolerate, let alone understand, my feet on the pagan path.

To quote the small bio I added to my profile:

"Although born into a militantly Christian family I was always drawn toward nature, fairytales, magick, Mother Earth and the idea of a Goddess. With great difficulty, and enough time, I was eventually able to shed myself of the dogma that had kept me so frightened and so ashamed in my youth. Liberated and free at last, I now happily associate myself with the New Age and Pagan movements, and though I am still very green and unlearned in this regard, I am very much looking forward to this new journey."

While nosing around these forums earlier today I read one woman refer to herself as "in the broom closet" and that's probably a fairly apt description for where I find myself these days as well. Fortunately my significant other is a very open minded individual (and very scholarly with all things esoteric) but aside from him I haven't had anyone else to talk to about these things in... well... ever!

Aside from making friends, and perhaps if I am so lucky, meeting mentors, I hope to further my knowledge of the Celtic pantheon and traditions, partially because of my heritage, and partially because of an inexplicable pull toward it. Also, in general am looking for new ways to express my love, appreciation and utmost respect for nature while bolstering my passion, energy, creativity and libido.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to stop by and learn a little about me. I can't wait to get to you know all.

Oh... and if I was supposed to mention the non-paganish bits about me, I'm a Canadian female, very adventurous, and a little bit stubborn (though I prefer the term strong-willed.) I love the colors purple and green. I enjoy writing fantasy books, sketching out pretty geometry and playing the harp. I always keep as many pets as I can reasonably afford (which isn't much) and I like to start each day with yoga and meditation. Is that too much information? I suppose I'm also a bit of a babbler.
    Hello and welcome
    -Voren
    (aka Sou'r-Ghi'den)

The Singularity

Adept Member

Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair is a splendid one to behold Altair's Avatar
    Last Online
    17 Feb 2017 @ 06:27 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    tree-hugging neopagan

I enjoy...sketching out pretty geometry
    Ah-hah! Then this may or may not be of interest to you:

http://ecauldron.com/forum/showwiki....acred+Geometry