+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Adept Member
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    MadZealot is a name known to all MadZealot is a name known to all MadZealot is a name known to all MadZealot is a name known to all MadZealot is a name known to all MadZealot is a name known to all MadZealot's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:08 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    heretic

Re: christo pagan girl in need of support and friendship maybe even new mentors

Quote Originally Posted by kala83 View Post
    but I kind of dance to the beat of my own drum when it comes to how I do things. Don't really follow a typical path but I have learned you don't really have to.
    Yeah, the fun part of the path you've chosen is: there are no rules, and you can pretty much make it up (and modify it) as you go.
    Which isn't bad, not at all, but sometimes people find the 'fun' part is also the most daunting (maybe even scary) part. And that's justified. I mean, you're pretty much making a religion that's all your own-- by you, and for you. It's exciting, and it's heavy lifting.

Christopaganism: an Inclusive Path, by J&R Higgenbotham, will help you define exactly what your faith is. The work may seem like a slog; take it instead as an opportunity to suss out your own thoughts & feelings.
    Do you want Brussels sprouts on your Communion plate? Hell fucking no!!
    Point is: relax and have fun with the process. You might be surprised. I sure as as hell was.

Also, check out this one and that one. Good brain food.
    Last edited by MadZealot; Yesterday at 03:29 AM. Reason: addacomma
    Complementary coffee: Free!
    Complimentary coffee: Good morning! You look fucking FABULOUS!

Journeyman Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Sorcha is on a distinguished road Sorcha's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Solitary eclectic Celtic-inspired druidish hedgewitchy christopagan... thing. *shrug*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers

Quote Originally Posted by MadZealot View Post
    Yeah, the fun part of the path you've chosen is: there are no rules, and you can pretty much make it up (and modify it) as you go.
    Which isn't bad, not at all, but sometimes people find the 'fun' part is also the most daunting (maybe even scary) part. And that's justified. I mean, you're pretty much making a religion that's all your own-- by you, and for you. It's exciting, and it's heavy lifting.

Christopaganism: an Inclusive Path, by J&R Higgenbotham, will help you define exactly what your faith is. The work may seem like a slog; take it instead as an opportunity to suss out your own thoughts & feelings.
    Do you want Brussels sprouts on your Communion plate? Hell fucking no!!
    Point is: relax and have fun with the process. You might be surprised. I sure as as hell was.

Also, check out this one and that one. Good brain food.
    My wishlist is getting unmanageable, damn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Demophon is on a distinguished road Demophon's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Catholic

Quote Originally Posted by kala83 View Post
    Since I associate myself as christo pagan witch its often times hard for me to make friends even in the pagan community cause there can be a bit of judgements towards people like me.
    I'm a Roman Catholic with some pagan leanings, so I can relate. Most of the pagans I know in real life are pretty suspicious of Christians, but the people on this forum are pretty open minded.

I don't know what kind of Christianity you follow, but I find with Catholicism, there are so many overlaps with paganism, and traditional Wicca in particular. As the Wiccans have the Rede, Catholics also understand sin at its most basic definition to be harm. The natural world isn't necessarily divine to Catholics, but creation is understood to be a revelation of God, and Pope Francis's recent Lautdato Si' encyclical stresses the importance of caring for the environment. Liturgically they can be quite similar, and I think there's even a common ideal of humanity that goes back to our more primitive origins.

For Christians, this is understood to be in Eden before the Fall, when we lived in harmony with nature and with God, before our selfishness and disobedience severed us from this communion. Through Christ, communion with God and the rest of creation is restored by his sacrifice of taking on our sins and overcoming death, and he gives us a model of love and justice that we are to strive for in order to keep our covenant with God. Christianity is about communion, both with each other and the whole of creation, as well as with God. I think traditional Wiccan teaching is similar, recognizing the dignity of all things due to the immanent divinity of all life, and living in harmony with nature and other people, as all things are connected in relationship with each other, including the Divine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2