Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories Does the Government Use Witchcraft?  (Read 6647 times)

astraloracle

• View Profile
Does the Government Use Witchcraft?
« on: February 14, 2017, 03:53:34 am »
Hi there,

So it is my personal belief that the government, (particularly the US and UK systems) have knowledge of esoterica and probably use witchcraft to some degree in order to enforce stability and order. Now, I know this is controversial, and i don't necessarily believe in satan worshipping reptiliians in skin suits- but there is centuries of evidence suggesting they use the craft. Theres the free masons, the golden dawn, and even astrologers whom were employed by the government who have come out and spoken about it. they have demonized the egyptian goddess "ISIS" to name a mistranslated terrorist group. They have butchered and sold traditions. What makes you think they aren't attempting to control the masses with the craft?

If this is true..what does this mean for humanity and consciousness? and what does this mean for us, as witches? do we combat it? how?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 10:48:37 am by SunflowerP »

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Does the Government Use Witchcraft?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 04:31:41 am »
Quote from: astraloracle;202628
Hi there,

So it is my personal belief that the government, (particularly the US and UK systems) have knowledge of esoterica and probably use witchcraft to some degree in order to enforce stability and order. Now, I know this is controversial, and i don't necessarily believe in satan worshipping reptiliians in skin suits- but there is centuries of evidence suggesting they use the craft. Theres the free masons, the golden dawn, and even astrologers whom were employed by the government who have come out and spoken about it. they have demonized the egyptian goddess "ISIS" to name a mistranslated terrorist group. They have butchered and sold traditions. What makes you think they aren't attempting to control the masses with the craft?

If this is true..what does this mean for humanity and consciousness? and what does this mean for us, as witches? do we combat it? how?

They the government of course use witchcraft same as everyone on earth uses it. only difference of using witchcraft is if you know it exists. and you can manipulate your self to be wiser and what ever other forms of witchcraft you could use. they have destroyed the dark forces that try to engulf earth.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 06:18:52 am »
So it is my personal belief that the government, (particularly the US and UK systems) have knowledge of esoterica and probably use witchcraft to some degree in order to enforce stability and order.

Do you have an evidence to support your belief -- evidence that might convince those of us who think the government using magic "to enforce stability and order" is pretty unlikely?
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 07:03:49 am »
So it is my personal belief that the government, (particularly the US and UK systems) have knowledge of esoterica and probably use witchcraft to some degree in order to enforce stability and order.

If they do they are likely as incompetent at it as they are at everything else so I'm not too worried.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 08:39:34 am »
Quote from: Morag;202642
If they do they are likely as incompetent at it as they are at everything else so I'm not too worried.

LOL. That's certainly true.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 09:51:39 am »
Quote from: Morag;202642

Not here to create disorder, here to preserve disorder!
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 06:46:23 pm »
Hi there,

Honestly, given the large proportion of evangelical Christians in the US government, I find this unlikely.

And if they are using magic for the purposes you state ... it's not noticeably working.

If this is true..what does this mean for humanity and consciousness?

Governments are made of people; from supreme court justices right on down to postal workers. And those people are not much different from anyone else who is not a government employee.

And a lot of the functions of a government are not only useful, but neccessary for a modern civilization to function; they're just too boring to get on the news. I'm sure we've all read books set in worlds with functioning magic; in most of them, you'll see government-employed mages or psychics doing things like healing the sick, acting as lie detectors in court, or dowsing for wells.

As cash-strapped as most governments are, if they have magic-users on salary, there are far more useful things for them to spend their time on than 'controlling the masses'. If it were up to me, I'd have them casting safety/good luck spells on infrastructure and divining whether any bridge collapses are imminent.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 06:53:21 pm »
Quote from: Sefiru;202664
If it were up to me, I'd have them casting safety/good luck spells on infrastructure and divining whether any bridge collapses are imminent.

And really it would still be more efficient and effective in the resources sense to actually spend money on maintaining the damn infrastructure, which has been (in the US) blown off for roughly the last fifty years.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 07:43:24 pm »
Hi there,

Well, fundamentalist evangelical Christians certainly think so. They loooooove the idea (ridiculous, IMO) that Freemasons are demonic and the government is run by Satan and witchcraft and quite possibly child sacrifice. Most recently I read some guy speculating that all scientists are part of a secret cabal of wizards run by a satanic government, and he was dead serious. I'm extremely skeptical, however. Quite honestly, this sounds like something right out of a Chick Tract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://serpentinetom.wordpress.com
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 11:26:01 pm »
Quote from: Sorcha;202666
Most recently I read some guy speculating that all scientists are part of a secret cabal of wizards run by a satanic government, and he was dead serious.

Well, there is Arthur C. Clarke who said "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Perhaps for this man, the scientists are sufficiently advanced in comparison to his personal baseline for technology that they do seem to be in fact full of wizards, though I think a lot of them probably wish they were wizards. Which might also add to the confusion because geek jokes can fly over the heads of people who do not understand them.

...And then there are those who RP wizards.

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 11:33:55 pm »
Quote from: Tom;202679
Well, there is Arthur C. Clarke who said "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Perhaps for this man, the scientists are sufficiently advanced in comparison to his personal baseline for technology that they do seem to be in fact full of wizards, though I think a lot of them probably wish they were wizards. Which might also add to the confusion because geek jokes can fly over the heads of people who do not understand them.

...And then there are those who RP wizards.

No, in context he literally meant "science is actually an evil cabal of wizards doing nefarious stuff with satanic magic". As in plain old biology because evolution is actually a satanic religion started by the evil high priest Darwin... I'm quoting, not exaggerating.

So no, we're not talking about advanced quantum physics or anything like that. We're talking plain old natural selection and other stuff that's been accepted science for well over a hundred years.

And while this guy was particularly extreme, none of this is actually that far fetched among a lot of evangelicals, particularly those of a more conservative bent.

Tom

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://serpentinetom.wordpress.com
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 04:48:29 pm »
Quote from: Sorcha;202681
No, in context he literally meant "science is actually an evil cabal of wizards doing nefarious stuff with satanic magic". As in plain old biology because evolution is actually a satanic religion started by the evil high priest Darwin... I'm quoting, not exaggerating.

So no, we're not talking about advanced quantum physics or anything like that. We're talking plain old natural selection and other stuff that's been accepted science for well over a hundred years.

And while this guy was particularly extreme, none of this is actually that far fetched among a lot of evangelicals, particularly those of a more conservative bent.

I was actually trying to make a joke and clearly, I failed. I know people like that exist, unfortunately.

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 06:17:15 pm »
Quote from: Tom;202705
I was actually trying to make a joke and clearly, I failed. I know people like that exist, unfortunately.

Ahhh. Sorry. *belated laugh*

I engage in too much political discourse with dubiously-informed people on Facebook so I tend to go into Humorless Facts Mode sometimes. :(

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 03:54:54 am »
Hi there,

*sighs*

Jane, just pass the goddamn blunt already. You've had it for like an hour.
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Jabberwocky

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 07:49:09 am »
Hi there,

Actually, I can confirm this. I do know of at least two local councillers who have knowledge of esoterica. Although, from what I recall, the Lib Dem one mostly used it to get laid.
Your heart is a muscle as big as your fist.

Tags: