Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Greetings from Alberta, Canada  (Read 1136 times)

OldSeeker

Greetings from Alberta, Canada
« on: February 08, 2017, 01:16:11 am »
Greetings to all. After much ado, I finally stumbled upon this site and it instantly resonated within. Before I go further, I will provide a brief backstory.
My spiritual awakening started about two years ago (I am now 53 and have been removed from the Christian faith for about 25 years) and my journey has been an upward progression, albeit at a slow pace. For the past few months, I have been in what I refer to as "transition purgatory". I have come to the conclusion that much of what I was taught and what I currently perceive, is an illusion or outright lie. So now I know where I don't want to be.....but not sure where to go.
In this spiritual state, I started searching in places that I would have previously ignored. These searches led me to the likes of Pagan and Nordic folk music. I instantly connected and bonded with the frequencies and cadences of these styles. I knew at that moment I had stumbled onto something significant. Further searches revealed where this music came from and who created it. The spiritual connection deepened. My awakening was coming to fruition. This is all very new, but somehow feels very familiar.
I look forward to reading about the paths other members are currently traveling. I sincerely hope they help guide me on mine.
Peace
PS - If there are Pagans in the Calgary area, I especially would like to hear from you.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 01:24:24 am by OldSeeker »

Megatherium

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Heathen(ish)
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Greetings from Alberta, Canada
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 02:22:39 pm »
Quote from: OldSeeker;202463
Greetings to all. After much ado, I finally stumbled upon this site and it instantly resonated within. Before I go further, I will provide a brief backstory.
My spiritual awakening started about two years ago (I am now 53 and have been removed from the Christian faith for about 25 years) and my journey has been an upward progression, albeit at a slow pace. For the past few months, I have been in what I refer to as "transition purgatory". I have come to the conclusion that much of what I was taught and what I currently perceive, is an illusion or outright lie. So now I know where I don't want to be.....but not sure where to go.
In this spiritual state, I started searching in places that I would have previously ignored. These searches led me to the likes of Pagan and Nordic folk music. I instantly connected and bonded with the frequencies and cadences of these styles. I knew at that moment I had stumbled onto something significant. Further searches revealed where this music came from and who created it. The spiritual connection deepened. My awakening was coming to fruition. This is all very new, but somehow feels very familiar.
I look forward to reading about the paths other members are currently traveling. I sincerely hope they help guide me on mine.
Peace
PS - If there are Pagans in the Calgary area, I especially would like to hear from you.

Hello and welcome to TC! I am a Pagan (Heathen) in the Calgary area, so I may be of some use to you. I don't know a lot about the general Pagan community in Calgary, but there is a Wiccan organization in the city.

http://www.cogcoa.ab.ca/

There is also a pretty large Heathen community in the city, so if you are interested in Norse/Germanic religious traditions, you can look up "Calgary Heathens" on facebook. It is a private group, so you would have to put in a membership request to join, but it is by no means an arduous process. We basically just want to keep out bots and Nazis, so if you are neither it should be no problem.
My views are one that speaks to freedom.
-George W. Bush

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 02:45:12 pm »

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 08:07:33 pm »
Peace

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 08:10:45 pm »

Welcome to TC! I've been voluntarily solitary and not really connected to local pagan communities for several years now (I do most of my pagan community interaction here on TC), but I am in Calgary.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

OldSeeker

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 08:13:52 pm »
Thank you all for the tips and welcomes.

Tags: