"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Paganicon 2017  (Read 2429 times)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Paganicon 2017
« on: January 28, 2017, 08:16:22 pm »
I realised I had not yet posted the "Hey, March is approaching!" post.

Paganicon is a yearly hotel-based convention held in Minnesota in the Twin Cities. I helped found it, so I'm biased about it, but I think it's a great event and a size where it's possible to have really meaningful conversations, even if you start out not knowing many people.

It runs from Friday, March 17th to Sunday, the 19th (and this year, they're starting programming in the early afternoon on Friday, and running until 6pm on Sunday.)

The guests of honor this year are Michelle Belanger and Laura Tempest Zarkoff.

Wendy Rule is doing a Friday evening concert, the Nathaniel Johnstone Band is playing for the Saturday evening Equinox Ball, and there's a list of other featured guests.

I'm particularly excited about the diversity of the schedule (many different paths, not just witchy or Wiccan derived stuff! Again!) and particularly that they've made arrangements for two special guests, Sharon Day and Chief Arvol Looking Horse.

There are also many other things to do - an art show, vendors, healing and divination room, and more.

You can read more about featured guests here, and you can see the entire schedule over here.

I'll be there and presenting, and if you're going to be there and would like to chat, let me know. (Preferably in advance, since this is my 'catch up with everyone in Minnesota' trip, and thus pre-planning helps me make sure to catch people.) Also glad to do things like point at programming items from people I know that I think might be of interest, in this thread or by PM.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Paganicon 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 03:13:25 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;202009

It runs from Friday, March 17th to Sunday, the 19th (and this year, they're starting programming in the early afternoon on Friday, and running until 6pm on Sunday.)

Just bumping this thread up, in case anyone who will be at Paganicon wishes to say hi.

Jenett, who still needs to finish her presentation, but at least I've finally sorted out what needs to go in it in which order.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 08:22:36 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;202009
I realised I had not yet posted the "Hey, March is approaching!" post.

Paganicon is a yearly hotel-based convention held in Minnesota in the Twin Cities. I helped found it, so I'm biased about it, but I think it's a great event and a size where it's possible to have really meaningful conversations, even if you start out not knowing many people.

The guests of honor this year are Michelle Belanger and Laura Tempest Zarkoff.

Wendy Rule is doing a Friday evening concert, the Nathaniel Johnstone Band is playing for the Saturday evening Equinox Ball, and there's a list of other featured guests.

I'm particularly excited about the diversity of the schedule (many different paths, not just witchy or Wiccan derived stuff! Again!) and particularly that they've made arrangements for two special guests, Sharon Day and Chief Arvol Looking Horse.

There are also many other things to do - an art show, vendors, healing and divination room, and more.

You can read more about featured guests here, and you can see the entire schedule over here.

I'll be there and presenting, and if you're going to be there and would like to chat, let me know. (Preferably in advance, since this is my 'catch up with everyone in Minnesota' trip, and thus pre-planning helps me make sure to catch people.) Also glad to do things like point at programming items from people I know that I think might be of interest, in this thread or by PM.

That's pretty close to were I live; but unfortunately, I can't go. It sound great though!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 01:03:26 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;203696
Just bumping this thread up, in case anyone who will be at Paganicon wishes to say hi.

Jenett, who still needs to finish her presentation, but at least I've finally sorted out what needs to go in it in which order.

Wish I could go!! Will there be video taken of panels and presentations?
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 01:21:12 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;203718
Wish I could go!! Will there be video taken of panels and presentations?

Video's a complicated thing (I wouldn't agree to it, personally, for privacy reasons, and it can also have a significant damping effect on who's willing to ask questions.)  

I'll be posting notes (and the slides, in this case, since I'm in the room with slides so I can illustrate some things more easily) for my talk though.

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 01:49:49 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;203720
Video's a complicated thing (I wouldn't agree to it, personally, for privacy reasons, and it can also have a significant damping effect on who's willing to ask questions.)  

I'll be posting notes (and the slides, in this case, since I'm in the room with slides so I can illustrate some things more easily) for my talk though.

Notes are great! So are slides!!

I hope I can make it next year. :)
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Tags: