+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paganicon 2017

Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Initiatory religious witchcraft
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Paganicon 2017

I realised I had not yet posted the "Hey, March is approaching!" post.

Paganicon is a yearly hotel-based convention held in Minnesota in the Twin Cities. I helped found it, so I'm biased about it, but I think it's a great event and a size where it's possible to have really meaningful conversations, even if you start out not knowing many people.

It runs from Friday, March 17th to Sunday, the 19th (and this year, they're starting programming in the early afternoon on Friday, and running until 6pm on Sunday.)

The guests of honor this year are Michelle Belanger and Laura Tempest Zarkoff.

Wendy Rule is doing a Friday evening concert, the Nathaniel Johnstone Band is playing for the Saturday evening Equinox Ball, and there's a list of other featured guests.

I'm particularly excited about the diversity of the schedule (many different paths, not just witchy or Wiccan derived stuff! Again!) and particularly that they've made arrangements for two special guests, Sharon Day and Chief Arvol Looking Horse.

There are also many other things to do - an art show, vendors, healing and divination room, and more.

You can read more about featured guests here, and you can see the entire schedule over here.

I'll be there and presenting, and if you're going to be there and would like to chat, let me know. (Preferably in advance, since this is my 'catch up with everyone in Minnesota' trip, and thus pre-planning helps me make sure to catch people.) Also glad to do things like point at programming items from people I know that I think might be of interest, in this thread or by PM.
    Limen: Thoughts from a Threshold (my blog) :: http://gleewood.org/threshold
    Seeking (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism) :: http://gleewood.org/seeking

Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett has a reputation beyond repute Jenett's Avatar
    Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Re: Paganicon 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Jenett View Post
    It runs from Friday, March 17th to Sunday, the 19th (and this year, they're starting programming in the early afternoon on Friday, and running until 6pm on Sunday.)
    Just bumping this thread up, in case anyone who will be at Paganicon wishes to say hi.

Jenett, who still needs to finish her presentation, but at least I've finally sorted out what needs to go in it in which order.
    Seeking (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism) :: http://gleewood.org/seeking

Journeyman Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Voren is on a distinguished road Voren's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:23 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Pronouns
    Xe/Xir/Xem/Xey

I realised I had not yet posted the "Hey, March is approaching!" post.

Paganicon is a yearly hotel-based convention held in Minnesota in the Twin Cities. I helped found it, so I'm biased about it, but I think it's a great event and a size where it's possible to have really meaningful conversations, even if you start out not knowing many people.

The guests of honor this year are Michelle Belanger and Laura Tempest Zarkoff.

Wendy Rule is doing a Friday evening concert, the Nathaniel Johnstone Band is playing for the Saturday evening Equinox Ball, and there's a list of other featured guests.

I'm particularly excited about the diversity of the schedule (many different paths, not just witchy or Wiccan derived stuff! Again!) and particularly that they've made arrangements for two special guests, Sharon Day and Chief Arvol Looking Horse.

There are also many other things to do - an art show, vendors, healing and divination room, and more.

You can read more about featured guests here, and you can see the entire schedule over here.

I'll be there and presenting, and if you're going to be there and would like to chat, let me know. (Preferably in advance, since this is my 'catch up with everyone in Minnesota' trip, and thus pre-planning helps me make sure to catch people.) Also glad to do things like point at programming items from people I know that I think might be of interest, in this thread or by PM.
    That's pretty close to were I live; but unfortunately, I can't go. It sound great though!
    -Voren
    (aka Sou'r-Ghi'den)

The Singularity

Staff Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassThree FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    HarpingHawke has a spectacular aura about HarpingHawke has a spectacular aura about HarpingHawke has a spectacular aura about HarpingHawke's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Devotee of Cernunnos; Gaulo-Norse Polytheist; shapeshifter, Road Witch, hitchhiking alchemist
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zirs

Just bumping this thread up, in case anyone who will be at Paganicon wishes to say hi.

Jenett, who still needs to finish her presentation, but at least I've finally sorted out what needs to go in it in which order.
    Wish I could go!! Will there be video taken of panels and presentations?
    "Own Your Own Fluff" - SunflowerP
    "We've got to trust that everybody is the best authority of their own life experience." - Faemon
    Cerulean Cervines - (religious tumblog)
    Ramblings of a Road Witch
    - (roadwork blog)
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Staff Achievements:
    Last Online
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Quote Originally Posted by HarpingHawke View Post
    Wish I could go!! Will there be video taken of panels and presentations?
    Video's a complicated thing (I wouldn't agree to it, personally, for privacy reasons, and it can also have a significant damping effect on who's willing to ask questions.)

I'll be posting notes (and the slides, in this case, since I'm in the room with slides so I can illustrate some things more easily) for my talk though.

Staff Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassThree FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    HarpingHawke has a spectacular aura about HarpingHawke has a spectacular aura about HarpingHawke has a spectacular aura about HarpingHawke's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Devotee of Cernunnos; Gaulo-Norse Polytheist; shapeshifter, Road Witch, hitchhiking alchemist
    Pronouns
    ze/zir/zirs

Video's a complicated thing (I wouldn't agree to it, personally, for privacy reasons, and it can also have a significant damping effect on who's willing to ask questions.)

I'll be posting notes (and the slides, in this case, since I'm in the room with slides so I can illustrate some things more easily) for my talk though.
    Notes are great! So are slides!!

I hope I can make it next year.
    "Own Your Own Fluff" - SunflowerP
    "We've got to trust that everybody is the best authority of their own life experience." - Faemon
    Cerulean Cervines - (religious tumblog)
    Ramblings of a Road Witch
    - (roadwork blog)
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

+ Reply to Thread