Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Hobbies: Pagan art journaling?  (Read 2524 times)

Nerys53

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Pagan art journaling?
« on: January 28, 2017, 04:07:28 pm »
Anyone into pagan art journaling?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 02:02:43 pm by RandallS »

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pagan art journaling?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 06:50:11 pm »
Quote from: Nerys53;202000

I'd be very interested in this, as I've lately gotten into visual arts again (a lot) and haven't felt much like writing.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 07:26:05 pm »
I used to be really into art journalling in general, but when I moved to NC I had to leave all my art supplies back home at my mom's. I hope that when Fiance and I get a place of our own I can start back up again.

But I'm definitely gonna subscribe to this thread to keep my interest going.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

Nerys53

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 01:35:22 am »
Quote from: missgraceless;202006
I used to be really into art journalling in general, but when I moved to NC I had to leave all my art supplies back home at my mom's. I hope that when Fiance and I get a place of our own I can start back up again.

But I'm definitely gonna subscribe to this thread to keep my interest going.

Some basic art supplies and a basic journal might bridge the gap for when you have your  back at home things again. Or get some stuff out when/if you visit your home to bring to your current place of living.
Making a diy art journal gives the possibility of using different papers like watercolor paper, sketching paper, heavier paper, vellum, parchment craft paper etc........:)
YouTube has some good videos on diy art journals use their search box.

biorhythmsyo

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 01:21:07 am »

Yes! :D I have a combo journal/grimoire/"for future reference" notebook for pagan and witchy stuff. A lot of the pages collages based around handouts and printouts, and visual diagrammatic reference information.

Night Owl

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 02:34:00 pm »
Quote from: biorhythmsyo;202078
Yes! :D I have a combo journal/grimoire/"for future reference" notebook for pagan and witchy stuff. A lot of the pages collages based around handouts and printouts, and visual diagrammatic reference information.

That sounds really quite cool. Sounds like something I could get into in my practice; I've done some devotional art before but a daily or weekly project would be quite good. I'm not sure how good it would end up looking, but I think I'll give it a shot.

Anyone up for sharing some photos of theirs?

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 06:45:49 pm »
Quote from: biorhythmsyo;202078

I have one of those. There's not really any art in it yet, but it would be definitely something to consider adding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 09:42:12 am »
Quote from: Night Owl;202093
That sounds really quite cool. Sounds like something I could get into in my practice; I've done some devotional art before but a daily or weekly project would be quite good. I'm not sure how good it would end up looking, but I think I'll give it a shot.

Anyone up for sharing some photos of theirs?

I have dabbled with art journaling for a bit.  Last Christmas, Hubby got me this lovely BOS which I have been putting loose leaf spiritual art in.  I have been attending a virtual creative spiritual retreat for a couple of years now, and there is often spiritual art as a part of different workshops, so I have pieces based off of meditations or workings that I have done.
[attach=CONFIG][/attach]

This year I joined a year long art journaling project, where we get a prompt each week and work from it.  We started with a smashbook, which takes a regular composition book and makes it into an art journal (it gets it's name from smashing the pages, which are glued in pairs to make them thicker)  This is the cover of mine (I painted it)
[attach=CONFIG][/attach]

One of the first things we did in it was make a grounding page, something we could use to ground ourselves if work ever got too intense.  This is my grounding page.  You can also see the gilding on the page edges and the smashed pages better in this pic (I hadn't smashed them when I took the first pic)
[attach=CONFIG][/attach]

This is another page from inside, one of my affirmations for the year.  (no clue why it's sideways....I'm not super techy)  One thing I'm really enjoying is that it's about the process and not so much about making super pretty pictures.  I often let things sit that I am working on, and I look at them a ton of times and see if I like what I have or feel I need to add to it.  Sometimes it surprises me because something that I didn't like at first really grows on me.  I'm also learning to listen to my instincts and not 'try' to make things come out a particular way, just to follow the impulses and see where they lead.
[attach=CONFIG][/attach]
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Tags: