Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Today at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Today at 07:44:49 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Author Topic: Hello Looking For Help  (Read 595 times)

UrsaJune

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Hello Looking For Help
« on: January 26, 2017, 03:04:18 pm »
Hi! I go by Juniper Im 17, two months away from being 18. I love to read and write fiction.  When I was young and into my tween years I was interested in wicca/witchcraft/paganism/Celtic all the wonders of the world. I've felt a tie to the earth. However I've always been a Christian my immediate family(brother, parents) are really relaxed christians but my other family(grandparents, uncles) are religious, most of them go to church on Sundays and easter mass that kind of thing, so I grew up in a Christian environment.

I thought I believed in God and maybe when I was younger I did but I stopped going to church my freshman year of high school. Slowly after that I lost my faith and for about a year-ish now ive been in religious limbo not knowing what to believe. This year I decided that I was done not knowing so I went searching and I found paganism.

From there I felt myself drawn to mostly Celtic traditions and deities. I don't know much although I've tried to do as much research possible. You see i've never felt like I belong anywhere, not with a certain group of friends, or in a program(I did high school theater for awhile but I still felt lost not really connecting with anyone) I've never really felt at home with anyone or anywhere. When I began researching I was hoping that maybe I found my place in life here in the pagan community.

During my research I kept finding people talking about deities calling to them, to worship them etc. I thought maybe a deity would call to me and I would feel "found" i guess. I did a little research in the celtic pantheon and came up with a couple of goddesses that I felt some kind of connection and i tried doing some research but it was a dead end and i didnt really feel drawn to any of them.

Maybe there is some kind of like umbrella prayer I can try to find a deity maybe not even in the celtic pantheon. Ive tried to do research I've asked messages to several blogs and websites askign for some kind of help but no one has really gotten back to me and im beginning to feel desperate. So I guess all I know is im lost I need some guidance maybe a mentor if anyone could help I guess send me a message. Thanks for your time.

X Juniper
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:49:23 pm by Jenett »

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Hello Looking For Help
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 03:48:37 pm »
Quote from: JuniperLennah;201903
So I guess all I know is im lost I need some guidance maybe a mentor if anyone could help I guess send me a message. Thanks for your time.

Hi there! Welcome!

I suspect you'll find lots of ideas here, but two tips to help you get more replies:

1) A lot of people don't read the introduction folder, so you'll get more people reading your question if you post it in a different area in the forum. The Paganism for Beginners folder (if you want the additional beginner area rules), or the Gods, Goddesses, and Mythology folder would both be good options.

People can give better suggestions if you're willing to share a little about what you've already tried, what you've read already, etc. That way, we won't duplicate things you've tried.

(I have some ideas for you, but I think they're better for whatever thread you start with more specifics: what you describe is actually pretty common for most Pagans.)

2) We ask that people put white space every 4-6 lines of text. I've gone through and edited your post here. The breaks don't need to be where a paragraph would be in formal writing, just at about those intervals.

A large block of text is really hard for many people to read, and some people won't reply to posts like that because they can't make sense of them easily.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:49:52 pm by Jenett »
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 05:06:16 pm »
So I guess all I know is im lost I need some guidance maybe a mentor if anyone could help I guess send me a message. Thanks for your time.

Hi, Juniper.

Jenett gave some great advice but since it seems you've not seen it yet and I'm not likely to be around for a day or two I'll reply here...

Be persistent in your search. You'll find what resonates with you some day. It took me more than 20 years to find mine.

That doesn't mean it'll take you that long. I just want you to be persistent in your search and don't give up or give in to any discouragement. It'll be worth it in the end - promise!

Oh, and yeah, Jenett's full of great advice... Good luck!
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 05:54:42 pm »
Hi! I go by Juniper Im 17, two months away from being 18. I love to read and write fiction.  When I was young and into my tween years I was interested in wicca/witchcraft/paganism/Celtic all the wonders of the world. I've felt a tie to the earth. However I've always been a Christian my immediate family(brother, parents) are really relaxed christians but my other family(grandparents, uncles) are religious, most of them go to church on Sundays and easter mass that kind of thing, so I grew up in a Christian environment.

I thought I believed in God and maybe when I was younger I did but I stopped going to church my freshman year of high school. Slowly after that I lost my faith and for about a year-ish now ive been in religious limbo not knowing what to believe. This year I decided that I was done not knowing so I went searching and I found paganism.

From there I felt myself drawn to mostly Celtic traditions and deities. I don't know much although I've tried to do as much research possible. You see i've never felt like I belong anywhere, not with a certain group of friends, or in a program(I did high school theater for awhile but I still felt lost not really connecting with anyone) I've never really felt at home with anyone or anywhere. When I began researching I was hoping that maybe I found my place in life here in the pagan community.

During my research I kept finding people talking about deities calling to them, to worship them etc. I thought maybe a deity would call to me and I would feel "found" i guess. I did a little research in the celtic pantheon and came up with a couple of goddesses that I felt some kind of connection and i tried doing some research but it was a dead end and i didnt really feel drawn to any of them.

Maybe there is some kind of like umbrella prayer I can try to find a deity maybe not even in the celtic pantheon. Ive tried to do research I've asked messages to several blogs and websites askign for some kind of help but no one has really gotten back to me and im beginning to feel desperate. So I guess all I know is im lost I need some guidance maybe a mentor if anyone could help I guess send me a message. Thanks for your time.

X Juniper

Hi Juniper!

I feel you on the whole not feeling like you belong thing. People are really nice here and I hope you find friends. :)

As far as having a deity call to you, I had an experience where I felt like that happened in meditation. Basically I was meditating on meeting a "guide" that was totally unspecified, and in my reading later I realized I had seen a figure very like the Welsh goddess Cerridwen. I'm sure other people have it happen in different ways, and if you feel drawn to a certain goddess, it might be worth trying some prayers/offerings/meditation on her to see what happens, but try reading up on some guided meditations where you meet spiritual guides; might be nonspecific enough that whatever you come up with could be the sort of deity you should look into.

I think a thing to keep in mind is that paganism is about practice; if you like a god/dess, you can reach out to them or honor them even if you haven't had some prior mystical experience with them. I'm doing that with Gwyn ap Nudd; it'll be interesting to see what happens. (It's not like Christianity where you have to convert or have some deep experience. You can just decide you're going to do something and do it. A bit of research will guide you, but the gods are patient and won't mind if you're an awkward newbie for awhile.)

Anyhow, welcome, and good luck on your journey.

Sorcha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 08:21:19 pm »

X Juniper

Hello and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Tags: