Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: New and would like a little guidance  (Read 1517 times)

Butterfly30

• View Profile
New and would like a little guidance
« on: January 24, 2017, 09:40:07 am »
Hey guys, I'm new to the group and have done a little skimming through of some threads however I was wondering if someone could help.

I'm looking to cast my very own spell to help enable me to move to be with my boyfriend (we are in different countries). We've been talking about living together however due to immigration I can't seem to find a job that would be willing to sponsor me.

As I said I'm looking to cast a spell to help move things along, I've never done this before and would like any suggestions on what spell I should do, how to do it, what's needed pretty much everything lol.  

Thanks so much in advance for the help :-)

bangi29

• Jr. Newbie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: New and would like a little guidance
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 10:48:00 am »
Quote from: Butterfly30;201798
Hey guys, I'm new to the group and have done a little skimming through of some threads however I was wondering if someone could help.

I'm looking to cast my very own spell to help enable me to move to be with my boyfriend (we are in different countries). We've been talking about living together however due to immigration I can't seem to find a job that would be willing to sponsor me.

As I said I'm looking to cast a spell to help move things along, I've never done this before and would like any suggestions on what spell I should do, how to do it, what's needed pretty much everything lol.  

Hello i had a problem similar to that in nature and i visited [MY OWN WEBSITE BECAUSE I AM A SPAMMER]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:18:41 am by RandallS »
Bangi Dambio
+some phonenumber
SPAM URL

Butterfly30

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 11:13:41 am »
Quote from: bangi29;201801
Hello i had a problem similar to that in nature and i visited {SPAM LINK REMOVED}

Thanks for the suggestion however I'm looking to actually cast the spell myself :-)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:22:20 am by RandallS »

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 11:23:46 am »
Quote from: bangi29;201801
Hello i had a problem similar to that in nature and i visited [MY OWN WEBSITE BECAUSE I AM A SPAMMER]

SPAM® Fries

Ingredients            

Directions            

•                          1.Heat about 4 inches of oil in heavy pan or fryer to 350°F.
  •                          2.Cut SPAM® Classic lengthwise into six slices. Cut each slice into 4 thick matchsticks.
  •                          3.Place  fries in hot oil (in small batches) and fry until golden brown and  crisp (about 3 minutes). Drain on paper towels. Serve warm fries with  dipping sauces.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 09:14:30 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;201807
SPAM® Fries

Ingredients            

Directions            

•                          1.Heat about 4 inches of oil in heavy pan or fryer to 350°F.
  •                          2.Cut SPAM® Classic lengthwise into six slices. Cut each slice into 4 thick matchsticks.
  •                          3.Place  fries in hot oil (in small batches) and fry until golden brown and  crisp (about 3 minutes). Drain on paper towels. Serve warm fries with  dipping sauces.
I was just talking to Fiancé the other day about how much I missed the spam recipes. You guys are so good at your jobs of keeping the spammers out that it's a little disappointing.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 09:18:45 pm »

As for the spell, I can't add anything specific as magic isn't part of my path, but if I had to guess I'd say something along the lines of "finding a job" or financing spells would be best rather than specifically "let me move in with my boyfriend" spells.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I'm sure someone (Jenett maybe?) could point you in the proper direction.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 12:03:09 pm »

This is one of those situations where I'd look really hard at what some of the possible avenues to your goal are: immigration-required situations are really hard, and there are usually limited potential avenues to getting two people in the same location (at least legally).

By knowing what the possible options are, you would then be able to better focus your magical work to support that. It's extremely unlikey magic would manifest some completely new way to get you in the same country for a length of time that no one else has ever had before.  

(My ex-husband - he's been an ex for over 10 years now - was Canadian, so we had to go through the immigration stuff, though my experience is not terribly recent.)

The usual options for immigration are work (which usually means you need to have some kind of skill or ability the country you want to move to wants), school (possibly easier to arrange, and can give you a chance to figure out if you want to be with your boyfriend long-term) or marriage (which is maybe not a step you want to take yet, but immigration issues push a lot of people this direction at an earlier stage in their relationship than might be wise.)

(I will digress here, and say I'm pretty sure if my ex-husband and I had been able to do a year of short-distance or living together relationship without marriage, we might well not have married. Immigration visas meant we did several stints of a week or 10 days visiting, but then had to get married within 3 months of him entering on the fiance visa. Immigration visa relationships statistically had a better success rate than other relationships last time I looked, but that doesn't mean everyone gets happily ever after with their partner, and being the immigrating partner can be both very stressful, and leave you with very limited options if the relationship does end.)

Part of what you might want to keep in mind here magically is ongoing work for self-awareness and to support understanding of your options and their consequences, both legally and for your happiness and well-being.

So, where does that leave you magically?
1) Do you have in-demand skills in the country you want to move to? If so, you could focus on job related magical work. (More on how in a moment.)

2) If you don't have in-demand skills, are there options for schooling, or for something like an au pair position / language tutoring / etc. where there are sometimes limited-term employment and visa options?

These could let you spend more time near your boyfriend, look for an employer who'd be willing to sponsor you, and give you time to figure out other options. In this case, the magical work would be to help you find the best opportunities that would get you geographically close to your boyfriend and in the best situation for future options.

3) If those aren't options, then you might look at magical work to help you figure out if you're willing to look at something like fiance or marriage visas (whatever the appropriate option is) or what it would take for you to be at that stage.

Doing the magic
My take on magic is that it's as much about self-awareness and psychology as it is about changing the outer world. More so, because we have a lot more control over and understanding of ourselves!

I've taken two different magical approaches to long-term outcomes. One is about setting up my life so the desired thing can happen. The other is about removing blockages to that thing.

1) Removing the blockages
This works best if there are things you can define that are blocks to what you want to do or change - for example, if you want to do a thing that costs a chunk of money, and you're having trouble saving that money, this approach could help you figure out what habits are making that hard and helping you change them.

I've done this very successfully with a variation on knot magic: I take a piece of suitable yarn or ribbon or fiber (I spin occasionally, so by preference I make my own, but anything suitable will do: the requirement here is 'easy to remove a knot in it' and 'of materials you feel are suitable for magic'. I prefer natural fibers, and because silk is sometimes seen as a magical insulating material, I usually go for wool, but cotton or linen would also be perfectly fine. Floss for cross-stitch comes in a variety of materials and many many colours, and is cheap to get in small quantities if you can undo the knots.)

I measure out a meaningful length - I often do armspan, but height would do, or any other length that feels sufficient. Cleansing the fiber by passing it through incense or coiling it in a small bowl of salt or putting it out under a full moon might be a thing to do here.

I then do divination or self-reflection or meditation on the things that I think might need to be released, until I have a suitable number (I usually go for 7 or 9) statements. I write those down, phrased as things I am releasing, and then tie a knot for each one saying "This knot represents..." and whatever the thing is. Some people tie these in patterns (i.e. centre, then the far right end, then the far left, or so on.) some people do them in sequence down the fiber.

I may then apply ritual oils, perfumes, or other things, if relevant, and then I leave it for a little to set (on my home shrine or on a ritual altar).

I decide in advance how often I want to undo each knot, and I think about the sentence associated with that knot, the thing I want to release, until the day when I release it. On that day, I repeat the sentence I've chosen a suitable number of times (again, 5, 7, 9 may all be good numbers) and then untie that knot. Usually I start these so that they'll finish on a waning moon, which affects the numbers and start date. Sometimes I do a week apart, sometimes I do two weeks, a few times I've tried shorter than a week, but find it unsatisfactory (since usually I've done these for fairly large scale things, and a few days just isn't enough time.)

You might stick the current release sentence on a post-it note on your mirror, by your bed, on your computer, etc. where you can see it and reflect on it, or make time to meditate on it daily or whatever else will keep it in your head.

Creating what might be
The other approach is creating a strong impression of how you want to be, centered on how you want to feel and how you want the end result to be working, not on how you get there. I've found these workings take a long time (months to years) but they work out really well once that happens.

My usual method is a little simpler to explain: I put together some things I will use throughout the time of the working that evokes the feeling I want.

A playlist of music, wallpapers for my computer and phone that have the right sort of feeling. Maybe some books I want to read or podcasts I want to listen to that are about things that are relevant to my goals. (So, when I was using this method for job hunting, the last job hunt, I had professional books that would help me solve some problems I'd had in the past on my list.)

I then sit down with art supplies (I like watercolor pencils, for a reason I'll explain in a second) and I draw a large image that has different aspects of what I want. This is symbolic art, not technically skilled art: I do a lot of simple shapes. I use some words, but they're supplemental clarification, most of the design is 'a thing that makes me feel the emotions I want when this thing comes to be' (happiness, contentment, prosperity, security, etc.) in a way that is attuned to me and my needs, not a generic desire.

Sometimes I sketch the design in advance, sometimes I don't. I usually do some research for specific symbols that might be helpful to include. (I like symbol.com for this.)

Once I've drawn the design, I go over it with a brush and water (why I use the water color pencils) to activate it, but you can do the same thing by tracing with a finger or putting your hands over it. And then put the image somewhere you can see it every day, and where each time you see it, you put a little extra energy toward that goal.

While you're doing that, do the practical stuff that leads toward that goal - if it's job hunting, improve your skills, send out resumes, etc. Listen to your playlist, read/listen to supporting stuff, and so on.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Tags: