Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: NEED MOAR DECKS aka "The Obsession"  (Read 5066 times)

Zin Aeon

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • https://broomclosetjournals.wordpress.com/
Re: NEED MOAR DECKS aka "The Obsession"
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2017, 01:07:00 am »
Quote from: Cinder;205402
My hands-done favorite is the Earthbound Oracle, but I definitely want more.

I got the Earthbound Oracle and The Wooden Tarot together on major discount - was so excited!  They are both so easy to pick up and use.

Also, I got the Barbieri Zodiac Oracle.

SO.   PRETTY.   CANNOT.  FUNCTION.

(No link outside of sale sites, at the moment, so the link is sent straight to Lo Scarabeo website.  Bought mine on Amazon though.)

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2017, 08:48:57 am »
Quote from: Zin Aeon;205407

I so hear you.

Last December I came *this* close to getting a deck that I already had because it was featured in a special edition. That made me realise I had so many that I could no longer keep track of them, and decided I would no longer buy the magazines with free decks included. Doing okay in that respect so far...
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2017, 08:50:44 am »
Quote from: Zin Aeon;205407
I got the Earthbound Oracle and The Wooden Tarot together on major discount - was so excited!  They are both so easy to pick up and use.

Also, I got the Barbieri Zodiac Oracle.

(No link outside of sale sites, at the moment, so the link is sent straight to Lo Scarabeo website.  Bought mine on Amazon though.)

I want the Wooden Tarot soooooo bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadowsiren

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Polytheist with a dash of religious witchcraft / Always learning
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2017, 07:03:23 pm »

Please tell me I'm not the only one?

Definitely not. I've been sitting on my hands for the past few days to keep myself from ordering another deck. I'm not sure how long I'll hold out. Right now the bargain I'm making with myself is that if I resist the inevitable [Independence Day] 50% off sale at my favorite online fabric store then I can go ahead and treat myself to a new deck.

I've only two decks, which is really a perfectly acceptable amount but I'm definitely a hoarder collector when it comes to things I enjoy (as my book, movie, and fabric collections will all attest).

The Mystical Cats Tarot was my first deck and I still adore it. For someone who has never, ever connected with the more traditional Rider-Waite decks it was a perfect deck to learn with.

Then I added Shadowscapes to the fledgling collection about two months ago and it is absolutely stunning. I thought the pictures I'd seen were pretty but they really don't do it justice. I've seriously lost hours of time just sitting and flipping through the cards. It's mesmerizing.

I'm not sure which deck I'll be picking up next. The Linestrider, Wild Unknown, and Pagan Cats decks are all jockeying for that position. Plus I'm on the hunt for an Oracle deck that speaks to me...

[I know this thread is older but I'm mourning the close of Aeclectic's forum. I'm crap at contributing there but I do love reading...]

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2017, 11:25:05 pm »
[I know this thread is older but I'm mourning the close of Aeclectic's forum. I'm crap at contributing there but I do love reading...]

Aww, dang! I never did actually get around to making an account there, and now I never will :(. Thank you for mentioning it, though.

And, this is one of the sort of threads that can keep on growing for years (kinda like 'What's around your neck?' or the altar-pics thread); it might go dormant for a while, but there's nothing at all wrong with reviving it. (Generally, here at TC we don't have issues with thread revival in and of itself; the closest we come is that we have advice, not rules, on how to do it well - but your post is completely in accord with that advice.)

For those wanting more info, see this post on Aeclectic. The short version is, the rest of Aeclectic Tarot will continue as before, and the forums will remain up as a read-only archive but will no longer be an active forum/community.

Again, Shadowsiren, thank you for letting us know!

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Auntie Cosmos

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2017, 02:13:56 pm »
So...I bought another tarot deck.  This one.

I have three already (gave 2 away that no longer worked for me), two oracle decks, and a lenormand.

My etsy wishlist consists of 23 additional decks I want with varying degrees of desperation.  I'm thinking this one might be next.  I guarantee I'll own a few more before summer, because I am weak.

Please tell me I'm not the only one?

LMAO!!  I feel like I have stumbled into a 12-step meeting!!  I currently live with 13 tarot and 1 oracle deck!  I love the artwork and various interpretations of the Fool's Journey.  Sometimes I have had decks that are not meant to stay with me and I end up giving them away or sometimes, burning them.  Depends upon the energy.
Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves for we shall never cease to be amused.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2017, 09:44:18 pm »
So, I read Adventures in Woo Woo on the regular, so I've known the author put out an oracle deck some time ago. To be honest I didn't much notice it until this cropped up.

Aaaaand now I think I have to buy it.

Just popping in to say I did buy The Forty Servants. It's super cool. It's also designed to be used in magic, so I like it even more. A friend of mine bought it at the same time I did, and he's been having some really great results with it. So thumbs up on that one.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 08:50:44 am by Morag »

Tags: