Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Today at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Today at 07:44:49 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Author Topic: How do I NOT anger grave guardian spirits!?  (Read 2157 times)

Elding

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
How do I NOT anger grave guardian spirits!?
« on: January 17, 2017, 10:53:21 pm »
Any medium types around who can answer a question about grave guard types of spirit entities?
I run into them from time to time by accident. In graveyards and the like. Yet to meet one that was happy to see me, but I always figured that suspicion was part of their job. None that could not be pacified with basic politeness, due respect, and perhaps a bit of prayer for them and their cause.

But I ran into one recently that made me wonder. Not only did it seem downright hostile until I tried talking, but oddly enough I encountered it through REPLICA grave goods. As in, plastic stuff made for museum exhibitions. I doubt one item in that building was from the original excavation to be honest, and that DOES feel odd.

My question is... is it? Honestly, I dunno. This might just be them doing what they're supposed to be doing, and I'm just aware enough to actually notice them. But I can't help but wonder if they just don't like ME, specifically, for some reason.
So how about it, guys? Is this to be considered 'business as usual' and nothing to really think about? Or is there something I can do in order to just... not... make them angry in the first place? There's REALLY no reason why I'd want to enrage entities off to left and right.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:55:30 pm by Elding »
Out in the woods, and I\'m not alone, but the sun\'s quickly going down!
There! In the trees! Something stalking me! Stop walking around!
\'K, just be cool, don\'t be such a fool! There is nothing at all to fear...
... other than the trees and the night and a beam of light, and the breathing in my ear...
[/I]

Zin Aeon

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • https://broomclosetjournals.wordpress.com/
Re: How do I NOT anger grave guardian spirits!?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 12:42:59 am »
Quote from: Elding;201553
Any medium types around who can answer a question about grave guard types of spirit entities?

Manners go a long way.  As does acknowledging them and the boundaries they sometimes define.

Physical offerings (fruit, flowers, unique rocks, etc.) are a good accompaniment if you plan to visit a place ahead of time and are aware of it.

I've rarely ran into them where calm confidence and the utmost politeness have failed me.  Some did not completely leave, but they hovered less menacingly until I left.  That was fine by me.

Dynes Hysbys

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Cunning Craft
Re: How do I NOT anger grave guardian spirits!?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 09:59:56 am »
But I ran into one recently that made me wonder. Not only did it seem downright hostile until I tried talking, but oddly enough I encountered it through REPLICA grave goods. As in, plastic stuff made for museum exhibitions. I doubt one item in that building was from the original excavation to be honest, and that DOES feel odd.

Maybe it felt that the graves had been treated disrespectfully by removing the grave goods and making plastic replicas to be gawped at by strangers?

My question is... is it? Honestly, I dunno. This might just be them doing what they're supposed to be doing, and I'm just aware enough to actually notice them. But I can't help but wonder if they just don't like ME, specifically, for some reason.
So how about it, guys? Is this to be considered 'business as usual' and nothing to really think about? Or is there something I can do in order to just... not... make them angry in the first place? There's REALLY no reason why I'd want to enrage entities off to left and right.

I've always thought it was part of the guardian job description to watch over and protect the graves of the dead so a degree of suspicion and hostility towards those that are still living is to be expected. If I want grave dirt for any reason I'm terribly polite and respectful and I've never had any problems.

I've had more issues with  forest guardians than graveyard ones.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:02:05 am by Dynes Hysbys »

Tags: