Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: House is 'off'  (Read 6859 times)

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: House is 'off'
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2017, 01:30:36 am »
Quote from: Vixen;204377
I feel like I am walking on a really thin layer of ice and anything happening will shatter it and I will drown.

Also, ugh, that sounds really distressing. (((Vixen)))

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Abigail

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2017, 10:51:59 am »
Just an update. The house keeps feeling more and more off. Things keep dragging on, more accidents and bad luck keep happening.

Hi Vixen, I am so sorry to hear about your circumstances. I hope I may be as bold as to make a few additional suggestions apart from the ones you had been given earlier.

Okay, this may become a wall of text so sorry in advance!

I really loved the idea of burying satchets in the corners of the property. Alternatively, you could plant protective plants on the corners like Angelica, Lavender or Holly for example. I like planting plants when I try to work with properties as it also is giving something back to the land. You could bury protective crystals in the corners (Smokey quartz for example), or even bury them under the plants.
The same with planting protective plants in the garden, basil, oregano are protective as well as usefull, as well as sage.

Apart from that, you said there was a crucifix from the past owner above the back door. I would take that down if it was me. Not because I think it is bad/good, but because I would be weary of my subconscious response to an object that reminded of the past owners, as in this case, your feelings towards them are probably anger/resentment.

You may want to look into emf as a (partial) explanation too. Emf can often make us feel haunted/ watched, especially if you are sensitive to energy, and as it is an old house, old wiring/switch boxes can make for some pretty nasty emf hotspots.

A complete smoke cleansing like with sage may be beneficial rather than just in the corners of the house, but make sure the house is physically clean and decluttered before you do a smoke cleanse. Cleanse yourself too, and maybe when decluttering take some items that remind you of your struggles and remove them from the property physically to signify the "out with the old, in with the new" idea of a smoke cleanse.

Personally, I prefer to not tell entities to go to the light as I feel that whether they do or don't is up to them, so harmful entities leaving my home/property is the goal.

When I moved into my current home I sat down in the empty house and had a chat with the spirits and explained that it was our house too now, but that they were welcome to stay and co-inhabit the house with us provided they did not intend harm. A property as old as yours is bound to have residual energy or entities present, but the ones that do like to co-exist in peace may be able and willing to help you in getting rid of the harmful ones if you ask them for help.

As for the financial struggles, is it a possibility to find a roommate to help out both financially and with the property/animals? Or rent out a room or two through airbnb for example?

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2017, 08:02:42 am »
Just an update.

Another update.

A while ago I got some personal help from a forum member to help banish any negativity lingering in or around my house. It actually seems to have helped. I feel a lot more positive and no major catastrophes have occurred.

What's more. Being tired of sitting around waiting for something to go my way, I have gone ahead and paid to have an asbestos rapport done. Based on that rapport I had a few contractors give me a new estimate of removal costs. These pricings are looking much much friendlier. Some are only 20% of the first estimate I was given. If nothing goes wrong I might even be able to get this fixed on a small personal loan and have the previous owner reimburse me after the lawsuit.
Life is slowly looking up.
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2017, 10:50:58 pm »
Quote from: Vixen;205790
Another update.

A while ago I got some personal help from a forum member to help banish any negativity lingering in or around my house. It actually seems to have helped. I feel a lot more positive and no major catastrophes have occurred.

What's more. Being tired of sitting around waiting for something to go my way, I have gone ahead and paid to have an asbestos rapport done. Based on that rapport I had a few contractors give me a new estimate of removal costs. These pricings are looking much much friendlier. Some are only 20% of the first estimate I was given. If nothing goes wrong I might even be able to get this fixed on a small personal loan and have the previous owner reimburse me after the lawsuit.

Woohoo!!! That''s great news!
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

SunflowerP

• Host
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2017, 12:32:56 am »
Quote from: Vixen;205790
Another update.

That's excellent news, Vixen!

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Morbid

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2017, 04:25:21 am »

- Physical cleaning is good, and if you haven't already tried this, salt water washes are a good way to psychically cleanse as well as physically.

- Do things in the house that are non-threatening but happy: bake and cook good food, put on happy music (especially from older eras in the house's history if you have and like that)

- Taking care of the house - fixing small things that don't work right, pausing to talk and listen to the house and property might be helpful. For example, have you tried walking around the edges of the property regularly, or your yard, or each room in the house, saying a thing you appreciate about the house, or noticing and fixing the little stuff (burnt out light bulbs, doors that stick, stuff that's out of place.)

I was going to recommend giving the whole house a good salt water wash, outside as well as in.  And really scrub, too.  Just throwing salt water on the floor won't do much.  It might also be handy to take a broom and "sweep" out the house, literally and spiritually.  It's an older tradition where a group would use the brooms as a way to channel their magic and literally sweep any thing out of the house that shouldn't be there.

Just to add on to the doing good things in the house, take a bubble bath.  "Wash away" the bad luck that is plaguing.  Putting good energy into the house is the trick.
For he who has truly lived never truly dies.

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2018, 04:20:22 am »
Hey guys. Hope some of you still remember me. It's been a while. Life has been crazy.  :-X

My ex found a Belgian contractor to remove the asbestos for a fair price but when he was almost done the work was shut down by the city. A neighbor apparently notified them that we were not working according to code. I wasn't worried cause we had a permit and everything. What we didn't know was that the Belgian contractor was not certified to work in the Netherlands. He had left his license expire the year before. So he wasn't allowed to finish the job and we got a very big warning by the health department for having someone work in 'unsafe conditions'.
This means we lost about 15.000 euro's and still had not gotten rid of the asbestos.

The city told us to get a new permit and have a new inventarisation done. The intentarisation said that, because the Belgian worked under Belgian rules and not Dutch, that our whole property was contaminated now and needed to be handswept. We had a few (Dutch) contractors come in, but of course by now every one knows of our problem and they're all jacking up the prices. We lost 15.000 euros and the clean up would cost an additional 30.000.

We are at the end of our ropes. We exhausted all methods of raising money, having debts with the bank, friends and family. We have no more options.

While I was in America in December (yes I went back, but that's a whole different story) my ex put the house up for sale without my consent. I was livid, he hadn't even cleaned it. My dirty laundry was visible all over facebook and everything. Anyway. I let it go and am talking to a real estate agent to do things proper now.

In the mean time a potential buyer is coming for a second viewing tonight. So not all is lost. I hope and pray this nightmare will be over soon.

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2018, 08:46:25 am »
Hey guys. Hope some of you still remember me. It's been a while. Life has been crazy.  :-X
That sounds horrible! (((((Vixen)))))

SunflowerP

• Host
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2018, 11:24:22 am »

I certainly do - when I noticed this thread had been revived, I thought, 'Oh, I hope that means Vixen is back!'

I'm sorry the whole thing has been such a miserable mess, but glad to hear that there's hope that you'll soon be out of it.

Sunflower

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2018, 04:23:47 am »
I certainly do - when I noticed this thread had been revived, I thought, 'Oh, I hope that means Vixen is back!'

Thank you so much. I hope to have some more time and piece of mind now to be more active on this site. I really missed you guys.

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2018, 08:42:59 am »

New update. The people that came back for a second viewing had put in an offer that was way below what we need for the house. We reclined the offer.
In the meantime my father has been making some calls and he has been able to find a contractor who would be willing to work with us on the asbestos. As a favor to my father and his employer the contractor will clean the yard of all asbestos and debree for a very very reasonable price.
We let the people that had made the offer know we had a solution for the asbestos, if they were still interested in the property.
Today we heard back from the realtor. The people made a new offer, just over what we need to cover the mortgage. I am over the moon!
This weekend we had two additional viewings (including both our neighbours who wanted to buy it as an investment) and the people were very enthusiastic. I told the realtor to give those people the chance to put in a bid if they really wanted the property, so I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Now for my crisis of faith...
The day before the first viewing my mother told me to bury a statue of Joseph, upside down in the front yard, facing the house. She said the house would sell within a few weeks. (what religious practice is this even, is this Catholic?). I kind of jokingly told my love (who is Baptist) that if that freaking statue would work I'd go back to Christianity.
I left for a few days in Paris after that where I went to the Notre Dame on the day of the viewing and lit a candle thanking Mary for all she had done for me. It's an old habit and I do that every time I find myself in a church.
Last Sunday (after the two viewings) I was at my nephews baptism and I lit another candle and specifically asked Mary for help with the house. I usually never ask. I think it's rude, I just say thanks.
Nonetheless, yesterday the contractor called they're removing asbestos and today I get a new offer on the house.
I'm no longer sure what path to follow anymore. I suppose I should keep to my word but I'm not sure I want to renounce my ties to paganism.

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2018, 10:11:36 am »
Now for my crisis of faith...
The day before the first viewing my mother told me to bury a statue of Joseph, upside down in the front yard, facing the house. She said the house would sell within a few weeks. (what religious practice is this even, is this Catholic?).

Folk Catholicism.  If I remember correctly from when Koi was here and recommended it, the only moral requirement after badgering St. Joseph for a house sale is to dig him up again and give him a bit of shrine space in your new place.  (Personally, I figure 'what's another shrine?' about this, but not everyone is as flexible, especially about Abrahamic Powers.)
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2018, 10:42:38 am »
Folk Catholicism.  If I remember correctly from when Koi was here and recommended it, the only moral requirement after badgering St. Joseph for a house sale is to dig him up again and give him a bit of shrine space in your new place.  (Personally, I figure 'what's another shrine?' about this, but not everyone is as flexible, especially about Abrahamic Powers.)
Yes. When my grandparents were desperate to sell their old house, my mom recommended burying St. Joe upside-down somewhere on the property. I don't think it really worked that well for them, because it took so long for the house to sell that they forgot where he was buried. Though for what it's worth, Grandmommy keeps him on her dresser with the family photos.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2018, 04:36:43 am »
Yes. When my grandparents were desperate to sell their old house, my mom recommended burying St. Joe upside-down somewhere on the property. I don't think it really worked that well for them, because it took so long for the house to sell that they forgot where he was buried. Though for what it's worth, Grandmommy keeps him on her dresser with the family photos.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well... How about that. Saint Joseph actually came through. The realtor negotiated some with the people that came back with the new offer and we agreed on a price. He is writing up the bill of sale as we speak.

Thank you for your comments. I will look into folk Catholicism.

Tags: