Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: House is 'off'  (Read 6857 times)

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: House is 'off'
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 07:49:55 pm »
Quote from: Zin Aeon;201998
What none of the posts for far have really drilled home is that "property" does not just mean "house."

Your land is important.  Think of the property as a body, the asbestos as a wound, and the barn as a bandage.  The barn being torn down is like ripping off the bandage and scab over a wound that was festering.  One smelly, awful, disgusting mess.  

You have every right to pursue legal recourse from the insurance company, the person who sold you the home, etc.  I would do the same in a minute.  I'd almost be upset if you didn't at least try to hold someone responsible.  But only you can decide how far you're willing to take the fight.

However, if you truly claim this land as your own, then the wound is also yours to heal.  You might find that by healing the wound, things improve.  Walking the property to ensure that it is well-cared for, burying protective sachets at the property corners, making sure fences and boundaries are clearly defined and protected (visual with maintained fences or drawn-lines, with salt or something similar).  Boundaries are notoriously troublesome, and you only want to let in the things you WANT to enter, after all.  Unless you enjoy no boundaries; some folks do, but it can be chaotic.

I also second the option of divination.  Tarot, runes, pendulum.  They're fantastic for guidance, but it really should come from you or someone close to you or the land.

TL;DR, your entire property has an effect on your life, not just the home itself.  Love it.  Claim it.  Heal it. Protect it.  And see what manifests.

Finally, I really do wish you the best of luck!

I really, really like this whole line of thinking. I've found redressing little problems around my home healing, so this makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
Re: Asbestos; was Re: House is 'off'
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 07:54:46 pm »
Quote from: Sorcha;202065
So in other words, victims need to act as sacrificial lambs on behalf of those who have wronged them?

Well, if you hadn't noticed, that's exactly what Jesus did....

But it is a long road which has no turning. Help is coming, and so is justice. Those who have been wronged will be repaid, in full, with interest. You will get much more, I am convinced, from a heavenly court than from any earthly court.
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 08:01:00 pm »
Quote from: ehbowen;202068
But it is a long road which has no turning. Help is coming, and so is justice. Those who have been wronged will be repaid, in full, with interest. You will get much more, I am convinced, from a heavenly court than from any earthly court.

Justice delayed is justice denied.

Also, 'argument from when you're dead' doesn't really help anyone who wants to be alive.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 08:06:20 pm »
Quote from: ehbowen;202068
Well, if you hadn't noticed, that's exactly what Jesus did....

As Darkhawk said. Also very not comforting to any who don't hold your particular theology. Your theology is used every day to perpetuate injustice. I went to a college that was extensively investigated for a counseling program that taught exactly what you are saying. It was found that the counseling did not in any way help victims. In fact, it worsened their PTSD and made them feel responsible for the wrongs done to them.

I am a product of such counseling. I underwent exactly one session. It took me almost a decade to untangle the damage done. I'm just now feeling completely free from it.

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 08:54:04 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;202069
Justice delayed is justice denied.

While I agree with that general principle, there are other principles in play as well...such as "due process" and the need to avoid erroneous snap judgments. "There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over...."

Quote from: Darkhawk;202069
Also, 'argument from when you're dead' doesn't really help anyone who wants to be alive.

But I don't expect to be dead. I may be living in a larger world than you or I can fathom now, but I will be very much alive. And any absence from this world will only be temporary. You have heard of the concept of the Resurrection, I trust?
--------Eric H. Bowen
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2017, 09:31:42 pm »
Quote from: ehbowen;202071

But I don't expect to be dead. I may be living in a larger world than you or I can fathom now, but I will be very much alive. And any absence from this world will only be temporary. You have heard of the concept of the Resurrection, I trust?

But this thread isn't about you. You've shifted from Vixen's real world problem happening today to your expectation of your afterlife which, I suspect, Vixen does not share and which, therefore, will be singularly unhelpful to Vixen's situation, especially since she asked for practical, tangible help that would work in short order.

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2017, 10:06:19 pm »
Quote from: Sorcha;202072
But this thread isn't about you. You've shifted from Vixen's real world problem happening today to your expectation of your afterlife which, I suspect, Vixen does not share and which, therefore, will be singularly unhelpful to Vixen's situation, especially since she asked for practical, tangible help that would work in short order.

I have specifically asked my God to help her, tangibly, in the short term. I simply wanted to explain some of the circumstances which I have come to believe are working out 'behind the scenes.'

I would have been content to leave matters there, but you made your comment and I felt it was appropriate to reply.
--------Eric H. Bowen

Zin Aeon

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • https://broomclosetjournals.wordpress.com/
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2017, 11:02:30 pm »
Quote from: ehbowen;202073
I would have been content to leave matters there, but you made your comment and I felt it was appropriate to reply.

And now everyone stops and gets back on topic.  :)

Quote from: Vixen;202036
I love this way of reasoning. That is very helpful, thank you!  So far I have not been succeeding in divination.

You may want to secure your property and reinforce your protection prior to divination or you may have outside influence affecting or changing the outcome.

Also, you could try using an oracle deck.  A lot of oracle decks tend to be easier to interpret and provide clear definitions to their meanings.

You may also need to re-evaluate the questions you're asking, if you're not getting the answer you need.

-------------------------

I had a thought, and since it was something that actually helped me, I figured I'd share.

I made a vow to my inherited property to make it better, as it had been run-down for some time when I acquired it, and there had been a family death on the property.  I immediately felt a change in pressure following the promise.  And have made many small changes that are slowly improving the home and property as time goes on.  Asking for patience was super scary, since I expected impatience, or to feel rushed or punished if I failed to keep my word in a timeline I was not comfortable with.  But, pleasantly, I was and am still shown great patience, and allowed to make improvements at my own pace.  

But I'm never allowed to forget that vow; and I am sometimes very adamantly reminded.

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2017, 03:56:29 am »
Quote from: Zin Aeon;202074

Lol, thank you. :p
I actually enjoy listening to Eric's reasoning. And even though I know most of you disagree with him (as do I on most parts) I wish we could just stop picking apart his faith. He reached out to help me in his own way and that intention is what matters to me.

You may want to secure your property and reinforce your protection prior to divination or you may have outside influence affecting or changing the outcome.

Also, you could try using an oracle deck.  A lot of oracle decks tend to be easier to interpret and provide clear definitions to their meanings.

You may also need to re-evaluate the questions you're asking, if you're not getting the answer you need.

I have an oracle deck that I feel really close to. I use it a lot to bring clarity to my situations. I just never found a way to use it to give me real hard answers like the Yes/No/Maybe pendulum way.

I had a thought, and since it was something that actually helped me, I figured I'd share.

I made a vow to my inherited property to make it better, as it had been run-down for some time when I acquired it, and there had been a family death on the property.  I immediately felt a change in pressure following the promise.  And have made many small changes that are slowly improving the home and property as time goes on.  Asking for patience was super scary, since I expected impatience, or to feel rushed or punished if I failed to keep my word in a timeline I was not comfortable with.  But, pleasantly, I was and am still shown great patience, and allowed to make improvements at my own pace.  

But I'm never allowed to forget that vow; and I am sometimes very adamantly reminded.  

I actually did that too. It wasn't long after I moved there that I was hanging up a windchime in an old tree on the property. That tree had grabbed my attention from day one. Its a knarly old bush turned to tree that's absolutely beautiful. I had an old piece of hemp string that previous owners used in the garden to secure the windchime and the idea got into my head to use that for knot magic. I never used that magic before but I read about it and it seemed fitting. So I took a part of that hemp string, tied it to one of the older branches of the tree and made a promise to take care of the land and the house and ask it to help me.

I've heard many of you comment on protective spells and burying sachets on the corners. Do you have any particular websites or threads to give me an idea how that works?
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2017, 09:31:43 am »
Quote from: ehbowen;202071

I've heard that it requires being dead first.

And all of your beliefs about that are still irrelevant to living now.

Some people want to make their lives not suck before becoming dead.  Solutions that depend on dying first are not solutions for anyone who has any desire to improve this world.
we rise and fall

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2017, 12:40:13 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;202086
I've heard that it requires being dead first.

And all of your beliefs about that are still irrelevant to living now.

Some people want to make their lives not suck before becoming dead.  Solutions that depend on dying first are not solutions for anyone who has any desire to improve this world.

Resurrection depends upon being dead first. Glorification doesn't.

Do you honestly think that I want your life...or mine...to "suck"? "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." Does that ring a bell at all?

Did you ever stop to think about what might be in the heart of a deity that would endure a thousand years (plus) of rebellion and rejection by his chosen people, and then personally endure a Roman crucifixion and all that went with it (which I now believe took a lot longer than three days to wrap up...the three days we see are analagous to the crack which remains when a broken mirror has been pieced back together)?

And the process is still continuing. I think that my own (very!) long-distance courtship may be a piece of that puzzle. Yes, the waiting is painful, but it gives a chance to reach out and build bridges and establish links with others that might otherwise have been overlooked. Such as, perhaps, the members of this board. Including you.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:43:03 pm by ehbowen »
--------Eric H. Bowen

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2017, 01:53:48 pm »
Quote from: ehbowen;202089
Do you honestly think that I want your life...or mine...to "suck"?

Those are consistently your arguments, yes.  "By their fruits" and all.

If someone comes seeking food, do you feed them, or do you tell them that there will be better food for them in heaven?  These are your fruits.  As you do to your brethren, you do unto your lord.

And I am out of this hijack.
we rise and fall

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 07:53:43 pm »

A Reminder:
Hi, Zin Aeon,

I'm guessing you meant that as a gentle suggestion, but nevetheless it's a rules violation - it seeks to moderate others' behavior, and because it's phrased as an imperative, it falls under 'DO NOT attempt to moderate other members (i.e. tell them how to behave on the board)'.

I'm just issuing you a reminder, not a warning, because I think you meant it as a suggestion not as moderation per se, and because, yes, the sub-discussion deconstructing the problems with Eric's position is kind of overshadowing the main topic. (It's not against TC's rules, though, since it is about actual issues with a stated position, and we consider thread drift to be a natural part of 'discussion and debate'.)

Nevertheless, trying to herd people away from one aspect of a topic and onto another, however gently, is staff's job, not yours. If you think a thread is drifting in ways that staff might want to manage, the thing to do is use the report button (choose a post that seems fairly pivotal to how the thread is redirecting and report it, and explain in 'reason for report' that you're calling attention to what's going on over several posts, not just to that one post).

It's okay to express that you, personally, would like to see more posting related to the main questions, and find the subtopic distracting - but you do have to phrase it quite carefully so that it's clearly no more than a statement of your own opinion, and not in any way instructing others in how they should post.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2017, 05:39:22 am »
Quote from: Vixen;201353

Just an update. The house keeps feeling more and more off. Things keep dragging on, more accidents and bad luck keep happening. I've had a seriously frightening nightmare the other day that came from the house I am sure of it.

I still don't know at what point I fell asleep. It felt as if I was awake the whole time.

I was laying in bed having trouble going to sleep when I heard a weird drawn out whooshing thunder outside, like a long freighttrain was going by and I don't live any where near a railroad. I was laying on my side and wanted to lift my head to hear better but I couldn't hear more than I already was and then I realized I didn't lift my head I just thought I did, like you sometimes do when you are between awake and dreaming. The sound went away and I thought nothing of it but I felt this real ominous feeling pressing down on me.

I decided to go back to sleep and at that point I could feel a hand with a sleeve snake up over my waist from behind and start touching me. It didn't hurt me but it felt real malevolent and oppressing. I was terrified but angry at the same time and when I get angry I tend to challenge whatever frightens me. So I dared it to touch me more, if he was going to rape me just go right ahead. I thought all that but neither the presence nor the interaction was sexual in nature at all.

Next thing I know I'm sitting up in bed with this masculine humanoid thing across me. It was almost like a zombie but it wasn't a dead person, it was something else, something evil. It was right up in my face, like I was sitting in his lap. All this time I'm still in my own bedroom and it feels all so real, like I'm awake. I feel the sheets and my mattress with the lumps in it, I see the little bit of light from the street going around the curtains like they always do. But this thing in front of me, fondling my breasts making me think it wants sex but it's not sexual in nature at all in some weird way.

At this point I realize I must be dreaming, that hadn't occurred to me before. So I challenge him again, daring him to take me and I kiss him and he recoils. He is cowed but he doesn't leave. I am trying to wake myself up at this point and I violently try just about anything to do so. I remember very clearly clapping my hands to make noise to wake up, biting ,y lip and pinching myself, but it didn't work.

So I gave up. I curled into a ball, I directed my thoughts to the man I love and tried to reach out for his energy. I guess it worked for at that moment I woke up. But the malevolent feeling stayed. It permeated the whole room, the whole house. I wanted to call him but the phone was behind me and I didn't dare turn around. I felt this evil coming from the house pressing down on me and I willed it away. I tried to go inside myself, feel the positive light inside and willed it into a protective ball around me pushing out the negativity. At that moment I hear three loud thumps in the attic. I can usually explain that away as being the heater but it struck me as real odd that it happened at that time.

It took me a full 10 minutes to feel safe enough to turn over and call him. He was at work and I didn't think I could reach him, but as chance had it he had just gone on break a minute before I messaged him.

After calling him I fell back asleep. I cant remember any dreams but that malevolent feeling, that feeling of dread is staying with me the whole day.

These feelings have made me decide to sell the house. It no longer feels like home and I don't wish to stay there. I have talked to the real estate agent and he told me in not to be misunderstood terms that I can't sell the house until the asbestos is taken care of. The lawyer I'm working with has explained that the whole procedure to go to court and all will take close to a year.

So I'm effectively stuck here for an unknown period of time while it's draining my personal energy and finances.

Meanwhile my horse has taken ill, my ex stopped helping me around the house, my performance at work and school is deteriorating to the point of complaints. I pray to any god who will listen that the man I love, who is so so far away from me, will have the patience and faith to stay with me through all this cause if he decides to leave me too I will completely collapse. He is the rock that I desperately cling to in the storm.

I feel like I am walking on a really thin layer of ice and anything happening will shatter it and I will drown.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 01:25:34 am by SunflowerP »
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 01:29:20 am »
Quote from: Vixen;204377

A Reminder:
Hi, Vixen,

We don't mind long posts here, but to avoid having a hard-to-read  wall-o'-text, hitting "enter" twice every few lines adds some white  space and makes it easier to follow - I've edited yours to add those  breaks, but it's a really good habit to get into yourself.

They don't have to be the "proper" place for paragraph breaks (we're  interested in readability more than technicalities), or a complete  change of thought - some thoughts take a lot of lines and need to be  broken up into sub-thoughts - as long as they're there.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary,  but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to  contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Tags: