Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Kali Takes Manhattan  (Read 1902 times)

Khep

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Kali Takes Manhattan
« on: January 04, 2017, 04:49:33 pm »
For the past little while I've been feeling a need for greater connection with the Divine.  It seemed to come to a head in some ways on Jan. 1, when I spent the entire day researching / thinking / taking notes about Hekate.  The next morning, out of the blue, I saw what I felt was a clear, powerful sign from Hekate that she was present (meaning 'in the world') and "receptive" to my interest in Her.  

It feels like a momentous change in my life, even though I don't know how deep this relationship may go, or what forms it may take. But I know it is a positive, life-enhancing development.  

So . . . I just want to share two essays I'm sure were an important part of the process.  I read them, by chance, several weeks ago. I think they were a 'catalyst' -- forgotten for periods, then leading to some investigation or thinking, off and on until I began researching Hinduism and various gods and pantheons in the past week or so.  The essays are attempting to relate the divine to current collective events in the world.  They will probably not appeal to everyone, but I hope some might find insight and inspiration in them.

Vera de Chalambert,  "Kali Takes America: Iā€™m With Her."
Kali Takes America

Matthew Fox, "The Return of the Black Madonna: A Sign of Our Times or How the Black Madonna Is Shaking Us Up for the Twenty-First Century"
Return of the Black Madonna
ā€œI am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination.ā€    ā€• John Keats

Tags: