Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Today at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Today at 07:44:49 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Author Topic: Family: Marriage Hypotheticals  (Read 12039 times)

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
Re: Marriage Hypotheticals
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2017, 01:29:08 pm »
Quote from: Jack;201181
This, I don't immediately follow. Do you mean that a human and the Godhead hooking up is a threat to existence, or a threat to Satan's plans for existence, or...? And why is angel/human more dangerous than angel/angel?

Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.

And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.”

- Genesis 6:1-7, NKJV

Which seems from a straight reading to suggest that human/angel crossbreeds are a source of the "wickedness of man" being "great in the earth".  So, you know, you pays your money, you takes your chances.

Given that after the whole Noah incident (beginning in Genesis 6:8) that particular god promised not to try to murderate everyone all over again, maybe the cross-dimensional banging is okay now, though?  The "mighty men who were of old" thereby produced maybe not problems?  That wickedness problem solved?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 01:30:07 pm by Darkhawk »
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
Re: Marriage Hypotheticals
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2017, 01:42:16 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;201201
Which seems from a straight reading to suggest that human/angel crossbreeds are a source of the "wickedness of man" being "great in the earth".  So, you know, you pays your money, you takes your chances.

Given that after the whole Noah incident (beginning in Genesis 6:8) that particular god promised not to try to murderate everyone all over again, maybe the cross-dimensional banging is okay now, though?  The "mighty men who were of old" thereby produced maybe not problems?  That wickedness problem solved?

Well and this is Satan who has a problem with it. Is he jealous? Are angel/human hybrids a threat to his wickedness because they're so good at being wicked without him?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Tags: