Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Heavenly tone?  (Read 2028 times)

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Heavenly tone?
« on: December 30, 2016, 10:56:59 pm »
Ok, so I was thinking about this today, and it's bugging the crap out of me, so I wanna know if anyone else has this kind of experience.

I think it was last spring when I started hearing it. I was asleep in bed, and the heavenly like music has found it's way into my ears while I was sleeping. I woke up, and it was still there. Well we had a rotating fan, blowing the a/c air around the house, but eventually it faded slowly away to what one would normally hear from a rotating fan, I tried to record it numerous times, I heard it for many, many days, but got nothing. So for the longest time that's what I thought it was, the fan blowing the a/c air around. That was until I heard it at work, in a quiet stair well, with no one else in it. I heard it briefly. I haven't heard it in a very long time but I still remember what it sounded like...I wish I could replicate it. but I can't. The closest thing I found to it, I heard it just today: (0:42 - 0:56)
Has anyone ever heard something similar to that ever?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 10:59:36 pm by Voren »
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

OldenwildeHP

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Heavenly tone?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 01:23:28 am »
Quote from: Voren;200640
Ok, so I was thinking about this today, and it's bugging the crap out of me, so I wanna know if anyone else has this kind of experience.

I think it was last spring when I started hearing it. I was asleep in bed, and the heavenly like music has found it's way into my ears while I was sleeping. I woke up, and it was still there. Well we had a rotating fan, blowing the a/c air around the house, but eventually it faded slowly away to what one would normally hear from a rotating fan, I tried to record it numerous times, I heard it for many, many days, but got nothing. So for the longest time that's what I thought it was, the fan blowing the a/c air around. That was until I heard it at work, in a quiet stair well, with no one else in it. I heard it briefly. I haven't heard it in a very long time but I still remember what it sounded like...I wish I could replicate it. but I can't. The closest thing I found to it, I heard it just today: (0:42 - 0:56)

Was it the same rising tones as in the piece you linked to, which if you started on C would be C-D-F-G? Have you tried to reproduce the music on a keyboard or other instrument?

Most composers believe the music they write is frequently not invented by them, but is only their attempt to transcribe what they are hearing in their mind's ear -- as if music has an independent life in the realm of Forms, as a Neoplatonist would say.

Often I've heard music arise on its own from the overtones of an electrical hum or resonant empty space, and listened in wonder as well as regret that I could not record it. Does that sound similar to your experience?
"You\'re not alone -- the majority of the world\'s people believe that it\'s neither men nor money that rules the earth but magic." -- The Goodly Spellbook

Obsidia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 03:08:26 am »
Quote from: OldenwildeHP;200655

Often I've heard music arise on its own from the overtones of an electrical hum or resonant empty space, and listened in wonder as well as regret that I could not record it. Does that sound similar to your experience?

I've been woken up to the sounds of weird music. It seems to be very close, inside the room or just outside. Sometimes it sounds like a flute. It plays and plays until I sit up in bed and it stops al of sudden.
Odd thing is, no on else heard it when I asked people.

Nothingness

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Religion: Celtic Shamanic Wicca, currently studing Druidry and I'm in OBOD.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 11:01:50 am »

I sometimes hear music, and sometimes right before bed.  One time it was a tune similar to the Bolero of Ravel that kept repeating with a different instrument each time and it was quite beautiful.  And it can be anything like classical music to rock to drumming sessions.  Sometimes I can control it other times not at all.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 11:30:44 am »

I've had random music show up - um. As long as I can remember? Certainly since my teens. In my case, it's often when things are quiet, and I'm lying there reading but not yet asleep. It never lasts more than a minute or so, and it maybe happens every 3-6 months.

In my case, it's always instrumental, usually higher instruments (flutes, sometimes something like a french horn, sometimes an oboe or an older double reed) but it's not always the same music, and it's not music I can identify as something I've heard other places.

(On the other hand, I'm a trained musician, and my music major focused on composition and theory, so I am very comfortable in 'there is this music in my head that could be written down' mode. On the third hand, in this case, it's complex enough music, without a strong melodic line, and music transcription is not the strongest of my music skills despite a lot of practice, and I almost always hear it in situations where grabbing something to try and transcribe would be disruptive even if I were up for trying.)

Mostly, I take it as 'my brain reads energy as sound anyway, and therefore is reading particular things going on near me as these sounds' and given past experience, it is not things that I need to worry about, so these days I lie back and enjoy the nice music.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 11:06:28 pm »
Was it the same rising tones as in the piece you linked to, which if you started on C would be C-D-F-G? Have you tried to reproduce the music on a keyboard or other instrument?

Most composers believe the music they write is frequently not invented by them, but is only their attempt to transcribe what they are hearing in their mind's ear -- as if music has an independent life in the realm of Forms, as a Neoplatonist would say.

The link I put was closest I have found but it's missing a few notes and the highest note wouldn't be there. I have tried but I just can't quite replicate it. It was always the same, every time I hear it. I'm not sure what you mean by overtones of an electrical hum, but I thought maybe it was because of the fan blowing the a/c air around but then I heard it at work, where there was no noise. So now that tone perplexes me quite a bit.
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 11:13:12 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;200684
I've had random music show up - um. As long as I can remember? Certainly since my teens. In my case, it's often when things are quiet, and I'm lying there reading but not yet asleep. It never lasts more than a minute or so, and it maybe happens every 3-6 months.

In my case, it's always instrumental, usually higher instruments (flutes, sometimes something like a french horn, sometimes an oboe or an older double reed) but it's not always the same music, and it's not music I can identify as something I've heard other places.

(On the other hand, I'm a trained musician, and my music major focused on composition and theory, so I am very comfortable in 'there is this music in my head that could be written down' mode. On the third hand, in this case, it's complex enough music, without a strong melodic line, and music transcription is not the strongest of my music skills despite a lot of practice, and I almost always hear it in situations where grabbing something to try and transcribe would be disruptive even if I were up for trying.)

Mostly, I take it as 'my brain reads energy as sound anyway, and therefore is reading particular things going on near me as these sounds' and given past experience, it is not things that I need to worry about, so these days I lie back and enjoy the nice music.

The music I hear is like...it's not an instrument its like, a soprano choir (high soprano) or something, I just can't put it into words. It could last up to five minutes and it's repeating the same few notes. I'll lay there and listen to it, it sounds lovely when I hear it, and very peaceful sound, but it does fade away after a few minutes...and then it's gone. at one point I heard it every morning (just about sunrise) for three mornings in a row. I may try to replicate it again one day. Was the most beautiful thing I ever heard, I know that.
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 01:09:01 am »

Only when listening to electronic music, which is why I didn't respond before (though like others, I do sometimes get random music from nowhere - usually I can track it down as an earworm, but sometimes it seems to be my own brain doing mashups) - but I did want to stick an oar in to thank you for pointing me in the direction of electronica that suits my tastes.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Tags: