Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Divine protections on Putin?  (Read 5809 times)

Pteranotropi

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Divine protections on Putin?
« on: December 30, 2016, 01:49:19 pm »
To put it bluntly, I have prepared a killing spell, and I desire to use it on Putin. For obvious reasons, I'd like to be informed if there are an spirits/gods on his side.

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Divine protections on Putin?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 03:13:46 pm »
Quote from: Pteranotropi;200614
To put it bluntly, I have prepared a killing spell, and I desire to use it on Putin. For obvious reasons, I'd like to be informed if there are an spirits/gods on his side.

My first question here would be, why do you want this effect specifically? Aside from the various ethical issues, pragmatically speaking you'd have a greater chance of success with a lesser effect, like sending him scandals or getting him exiled. Especially if there were any supernatural beings supporting him (which I have no way of knowing).

What makes you think any of us would know? That isn't the sort of thing political leaders advertise in this day and age.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Yei

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Mexica Reconstructionism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 03:59:02 pm »

Putin's pretty badass. I think he could just beat up a curse. Anyway, bad idea. If killing people with curses was easy, a lot more world leaders would die in mysterious circumstances, so in the first place, it is unlikely to work. Secondly, even if you succeed, it may not help. Ultimately Putin is a product of circumstance and political culture. At best, little would change. At worst, it might cause further destabilisation. Suffice to say, you can't kill your way out of every problem.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 09:36:18 pm »

Yeah, sure, hang on, I'll just call him up and ask "yo, Putin my man, you got any gods on your side? Cheers."

Pteranotropi

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 10:00:44 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;200634
Yeah, sure, hang on, I'll just call him up and ask "yo, Putin my man, you got any gods on your side? Cheers."

I know some people here are good seers, so why not.

Pteranotropi

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 10:01:29 pm »
Quote from: Yei;200622
Putin's pretty badass. I think he could just beat up a curse. Anyway, bad idea. If killing people with curses was easy, a lot more world leaders would die in mysterious circumstances, so in the first place, it is unlikely to work. Secondly, even if you succeed, it may not help. Ultimately Putin is a product of circumstance and political culture. At best, little would change. At worst, it might cause further destabilisation. Suffice to say, you can't kill your way out of every problem.

Not out of every problem, yes, but literally every magical tradition has murder spells.

Pteranotropi

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 10:02:46 pm »
Quote from: Sefiru;200618
My first question here would be, why do you want this effect specifically? Aside from the various ethical issues, pragmatically speaking you'd have a greater chance of success with a lesser effect, like sending him scandals or getting him exiled. Especially if there were any supernatural beings supporting him (which I have no way of knowing).

What makes you think any of us would know? That isn't the sort of thing political leaders advertise in this day and age.

I could, but I realise that everything is part of a greater whole. Destabilization leads to more effective changes, be them negative or bad.

Plus, I need to send a message.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 11:19:52 pm »
Quote from: Pteranotropi;200635
I know some people here are good seers, so why not.

Why not seer it yourself?

At any rate, talking about murder on this forum is not terribly productive. If you wish to discuss the ethics of such things, that would be a topic you'd be more likely to get responses to. Flat out stating criminal intent, however, ehhh. Not so much.

You yourself stated that many magical traditions have killing spells, so obviously you have an inkling on where to find them already.

OldenwildeHP

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 12:51:00 am »

I understand why you would want to stop a mass murderer from killing more. Some might argue a binding spell would be more ethical. Either way, the experience of skilled Witches I know who have striven to curse such tyrants is that it is ineffective -- not so much because they have magical guardians (if they do), but because for such a spell you'd need to have more personal contact with the target than you can ever get. You'll never have a lock of their hair or paring of their nail, for instance.

As to being magically protected ... one well-documented example is Ronald Reagan. After the assassination attempt early in his first term, Nancy Reagan tasked her astrologer, Joan Quigley, with protecting him. In a rare talk I attended, Quigley explained to fellow astrologers her techniques for scheduling Reagan's public appearances for times when his chart was well aspected and avoiding other times. She used traditional astrological methods, and they worked -- so well that he gained the moniker of the "teflon president" because no harm or even scandal ever attached to him during the rest of his time in office, despite the high crimes he was clearly responsible for (Granada, Iran-Contra, etc.).
"You\'re not alone -- the majority of the world\'s people believe that it\'s neither men nor money that rules the earth but magic." -- The Goodly Spellbook

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 11:20:33 am »
Quote from: Pteranotropi;200637

(bolding mine)

Why?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Pteranotropi

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 11:52:01 am »
Quote from: OldenwildeHP;200650
I understand why you would want to stop a mass murderer from killing more. Some might argue a binding spell would be more ethical. Either way, the experience of skilled Witches I know who have striven to curse such tyrants is that it is ineffective -- not so much because they have magical guardians (if they do), but because for such a spell you'd need to have more personal contact with the target than you can ever get. You'll never have a lock of their hair or paring of their nail, for instance.

As to being magically protected ... one well-documented example is Ronald Reagan. After the assassination attempt early in his first term, Nancy Reagan tasked her astrologer, Joan Quigley, with protecting him. In a rare talk I attended, Quigley explained to fellow astrologers her techniques for scheduling Reagan's public appearances for times when his chart was well aspected and avoiding other times. She used traditional astrological methods, and they worked -- so well that he gained the moniker of the "teflon president" because no harm or even scandal ever attached to him during the rest of his time in office, despite the high crimes he was clearly responsible for (Granada, Iran-Contra, etc.).

Fascinating. This goes to show how blatantly corrupt some fellow magicians truly are.

Allaya

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Idio-syncretic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2016, 12:29:59 pm »
Quote from: Pteranotropi;200686
Fascinating. This goes to show how blatantly corrupt some fellow magicians truly are.

Hello and welcome to life, populated by your fellow flawed human beings.
Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth.  — Shirley Chisholm
No doubt the truth can be unpleasant, but I am not sure that unpleasantness is the same as the truth.  — Roger Ebert
It is difficult to get a person to understand something when their livelihood depends upon them not understanding it. — Upton Sinclair (adapted)
People cannot be reasoned out of an opinion that they have not reasoned themselves into. — Fisher Ames (adapted)

Pteranotropi

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2016, 09:39:23 pm »
Quote from: Allaya;200687
Hello and welcome to life, populated by your fellow flawed human beings.

Guess so.

I decided that I don't mind dying if this backfires. Guess it wraps up this thread

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2016, 09:52:11 pm »

Quote from: Pteranotropi;200637
I could, but I realise that everything is part of a greater whole. Destabilization leads to more effective changes, be them negative or bad.

You know, I'll leave the whole thing about the more effective changes alone after pointing out that 'negative' & 'bad' mean the same thing...

As for the intent behind the post; folks, has any of you ever seen one such as this with enough sense in their head to make it happen? Personally, I learned a long time ago that people who think and speak like this are not worth my or anyone else's time. Best to let them self-destruct on their own and not be too near when they do.

tl;dr Obvious troll is obviously trawling.
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2017, 05:27:55 am »
Quote from: Skumring;200702
tl;dr Obvious troll is obviously trawling.

Are you referring to yourself or to Pteranotropi here?

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Tags: