Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Author Topic: Refuse Fascism Call to Action  (Read 3536 times)

Alexeigynaix

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Refuse Fascism Call to Action
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2016, 10:47:22 am »
Quote from: Castus;200675
Declaring a minority an internal enemy and calling for militarized unity is fascism.

Thank God.

Note to self: Never speak to Castus again either.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2016, 12:37:38 pm »
Quote from: Alexeigynaix;200678
Note to self: Never speak to Castus again either.

*Castus notches a mark on his belt*
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2016, 02:50:29 pm »
Quote from: Alexeigynaix;200668

Declaring a minority an internal enemy and calling for militarized unity is fascism.

*** MOD HAT ON ***
Cauldron rules state that nobody may post more than a sentence or two of copyrighted material without obtaining specific permission from the current copyright owner, and posting that permission with the copyrighted material. Quoting the entire article is a violation of that rule.

(Yes, I realise the 'article' is very short, but it is still the entire thing and that isn't fair use.)

I'm going to snip the quote a bit in your post, but it will retain the bolded portion of course since that seems to be the part most relevant to your argument.

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2016, 03:51:38 pm »
Quote from: Castus;200675
America needs unity more than ever, lest we dissolve ourselves

Perhaps it's time America dissolves. Countries have lifespans, after all, like everything else.
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

يابا دابا دو

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2016, 04:05:50 pm »
Quote from: Alexeigynaix;200668

--Alex Steffen on Medium

Now. You really gonna tell me that Trump--given what he's said about both Mexican-Americans and Muslim-Americans--is against declaring a minority an internal enemy and calling for militarized unity?

...wait, you don't think the "grab them by the " bit was a problem, because you have said worse? Never mind. I am not continuing this conversation with someone who thinks anyone cheerfully admitting to sexual assault is not a problem. (And I feel horrible for your girlfriend!)

You are talking to an African American who was also a Muslim for quite some time. I am practically dying of laughter that you won't address me. And I am being very civil at that which just makes you look bad. I am not some diehard Trump fan so if you want to have a level headed conversation about the pros and cons of Trump you missed your opportunity.

This is how us right-wingers stereotype liberals by the way: incapable of reasoning or principle behavior. I know stereotypes aren't always true because despite all the odds I live up to only one racial stereotype and that one is out of my control. So I am the antithesis of my environment.
Also as many Mexicans I know and even Middle Easterners; the one thing we have in common is that we are all Trump supporters. Liberal media lies a lot by not addressing just how many minorities are voting Trump.

Obsidia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 11:48:52 am »
Quote from: Fagan_the_Pagan;200592
It is my belief that the Trump administration poses a real threat to America, the world, and the people in it.  

Is it not right to make peace with Russia and consider it the most powerful ally against terrorism? Trump hasn't entered office yet but the mass media certainly influencing the way public think.

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 01:45:28 pm »
Quote from: Obsidia;200739
Is it not right to make peace with Russia and consider it the most powerful ally against terrorism?

There are those who argue that some Russian action especially in the Ukraine is state-sponsored terrorism, and Putin is strongly suspected of having political enemies assassinated.  One cannot ally against terrorism with a terrorist.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Jabberwocky

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 03:45:10 pm »
Quote from: Obsidia;200739
Is it not right to make peace with Russia and consider it the most powerful ally against terrorism? Trump hasn't entered office yet but the mass media certainly influencing the way public think.

Similar arguments were made about allying with Islamist extremists against Russia in Afghanistan back in the eighties.  That, with the benefit of hindsight, didn't turn out great.
Your heart is a muscle as big as your fist.

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 10:04:20 pm »
Quote from: يابا دابا دو;200698
You are talking to an African American who was also a Muslim for quite some time. I am practically dying of laughter that you won't address me. And I am being very civil at that which just makes you look bad. I am not some diehard Trump fan so if you want to have a level headed conversation about the pros and cons of Trump you missed your opportunity.

This is how us right-wingers stereotype liberals by the way: incapable of reasoning or principle behavior. I know stereotypes aren't always true because despite all the odds I live up to only one racial stereotype and that one is out of my control. So I am the antithesis of my environment.
Also as many Mexicans I know and even Middle Easterners; the one thing we have in common is that we are all Trump supporters. Liberal media lies a lot by not addressing just how many minorities are voting Trump.

I'm trying not to give in to despair after reading this. But hey, America will get exactly what it deserves.

As for your earlier post answering my questions, I will respond to specific points as time permits. There's a lot there to cover...
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2017, 10:40:04 pm »
Quote from: يابا دابا دو;200664
Obama on the other hand will use a families' tragedy as a basis of his anti-gun advocacy. In some cases the families are pro-gun and not welcoming to him. This is just blatant idiocy if you're going to use death and especially tragic death as a means of political support.

Obama disregards state's rights and autonomy of individuals. He uses global warming as a means for political power while using the DNC to promote violence and war in places otherwise best left untouched.

[snip]

He will pass Amnesty for Mexicans who are otherwise illegals and bend legislation to accommodate for unfair and unjust voting blocks.

...but I wanted to start with this. It sounds like you don't agree with Obama's policies. I think it's important to draw a distinction between policy disagreements and character. The two are not always unrelated, but in a divided America where we tend to demonize our opponents, it's worth trying to separate out the two.

For example, I disagree with virtually every policy supported by House Speaker Paul Ryan. But, for the most part, I do not question his character.

Consider whether your complaints with the president stem from a different view of what will improve life for Americans, or whether they stem from something awful about the way the man conducts himself.

My complaints with Trump stem from both his policies AND how he conducts himself, but the latter I find most troublesome. His lack of understanding of the Constitution, of world affairs, and his disinterest in doing the work to understand either; his reprehensible comments on the campaign trail against Muslims, Mexicans, women, veterans, a gold-star family, the disabled, etc., etc., etc.; his inability to even fake being presidential (the tweets are an astonishing exhibition of juvenile behavior)...it all adds up to a man who is unfit for the presidency.

Obama strongly associates himself with racists like Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson to manipulate Blacks for votes.

Wait--you have a problem with Obama "associating" (whatever you think that means) with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson (and you'll have to explain what makes them racist in your eyes)...but you don't have a problem with the KKK and Neo-Nazi outright support for Trump, that he doesn't disavow, or with him appointing open racists like Jeff Sessions and Carl Paladino to run things for him??

Also what he said about the Mexican judge was true and legally speaking accurate. Trump made it very clear that his race could raise potential biases against him if he is presiding over a case involving Trump. There is a legal term for this, "Conflict of Interest."

No, it's called racism. A conflict of interest results from someone having a stake in the outcome because of past or present associations or deeds, NOT because of who they are. To disqualify someone from a job (serving as a judge on a case) solely because of their race or ethnicity (having Mexican ancestry) is the textbook definition of racism--so blatantly that even fellow Republicans who supported Trump said that Trump's comments about the judge were wrong.

By your definition of "conflict of interest," no man could ever be a judge in a sex discrimination case because his maleness could raise potential bias; but no woman could be a judge on such a case because her femaleness causes the same problem. The only person without a "conflict of interest" in a sex discrimination case would be someone devoid of gender altogether. Good luck with that.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 10:41:09 pm by Altair »
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Obsidia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2017, 09:36:07 am »
Quote from: Darkhawk;200747
There are those who argue that some Russian action especially in the Ukraine is state-sponsored terrorism, and Putin is strongly suspected of having political enemies assassinated.  One cannot ally against terrorism with a terrorist.

Quote from: Jabberwocky;200750
Similar arguments were made about allying with Islamist extremists against Russia in Afghanistan back in the eighties.  That, with the benefit of hindsight, didn't turn out great.

This is what the maindstream media is telling you guys.

Skyth

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2017, 05:38:52 am »
Quote from: Obsidia;200787
This is what the maindstream media is telling you guys.

I'm not sure if that is sarcasm or not...

Khep

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2017, 12:38:30 am »
Quote from: Fagan_the_Pagan;200592

It is my belief that the Trump administration poses a real threat to America, the world, and the people in it.

I agree.  I understand that people need real change, and are fed up with the two party status quo and the 'swamp' in Washington (which Trump is just fine with, in reality.)  I 'get it', I think, that many are happy to see a "politician" who has little use for political correctness, which can be taken too far, and is felt as an attack on their values.  But I also wish there was a lot more interest in 20th century history, and willingness to see if there are parallels with the past.

I hope some of you will join us in organizing the peaceful resistance necessary to prevent fascism from taking root in America.

I'm not sure general protests against Trump right now are what's needed . . . but . . . it may be a good thing in the long run -- even though Trump supporters may be understandably upset with them.  "May be a good thing" because it is at least an active response, recognizing the dangers, and bringing people together.
“I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination.”    ― John Keats

Tags: