Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Manifestation of Friends  (Read 2153 times)

FurvaWolf

• View Profile
Manifestation of Friends
« on: December 28, 2016, 03:05:52 pm »
Please, with whatever you practice or believe.. Ask for some guidance for me to find some friends that share some common interests with me? I have tried MeetUp pages, Online Forums, Social gatherings, literally anything that comes to mind and I struggle connecting with others on common grounds in a spiritual fashion. I have some GREAT life long friends, but they all kind of look at me like I am silly if I start on one of my religious tangents. Ha! I just want some people I can actively assiciate with, some people to practice with. Some people to confide in. In the last month or so, this has really started to weigh on me and I think that's kind of why I ended up on TC. Maybe this in itself will be a blessing. Maybe I am not putting myself out there enough. Regardless. If you have the time, any efforts would be greatly appreciated.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Manifestation of Friends
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 05:42:40 pm »
Quote from: FurvaWolf;200534
Please, with whatever you practice or believe..

One thing that's worked for me - not so much prayer or energy, but a simple magical working - is to create an image of what having that kind of friendship would look like in my life.

(I normally do simple art - bodies with clothing, heads, hair, but not necessarily faces or trying to look very realistic, in water color pencils, and then use a brush and water to 'activate' them.)

The last time I did this, I did a series of scenes, with different kinds of friendship and interaction, and then made sure I was in situations where meeting different people might happen (occasionally) and was open to the possibility of something coming up. It took a couple of months, but it worked really well.

Rather literally on the 'open to something': a friend and I went to the movies in a town 45 minutes from the small town I was living in at the time, had to wait for a table at the restaurant in the same building, got to talking with someone else who was waiting. She invited us to join her when a booth opened up (she'd been there first), we called her next time we were coming to town for that movie theatre and we had a really great friendship for about 2 years before some scheduling and distance got complicated. The friend I was with and I have *never* done that in our lives, but it worked out great.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

FurvaWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 06:00:23 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;200541
One thing that's worked for me - not so much prayer or energy, but a simple magical working - is to create an image of what having that kind of friendship would look like in my life.

(I normally do simple art - bodies with clothing, heads, hair, but not necessarily faces or trying to look very realistic, in water color pencils, and then use a brush and water to 'activate' them.)

The last time I did this, I did a series of scenes, with different kinds of friendship and interaction, and then made sure I was in situations where meeting different people might happen (occasionally) and was open to the possibility of something coming up. It took a couple of months, but it worked really well.

Rather literally on the 'open to something': a friend and I went to the movies in a town 45 minutes from the small town I was living in at the time, had to wait for a table at the restaurant in the same building, got to talking with someone else who was waiting. She invited us to join her when a booth opened up (she'd been there first), we called her next time we were coming to town for that movie theatre and we had a really great friendship for about 2 years before some scheduling and distance got complicated. The friend I was with and I have *never* done that in our lives, but it worked out great.

And this has worked to find others in your community that share the same beliefs as you? I will definitely have to try this out and I really appreciate the input regarding this. This is inspiring to say the least. Thank you so much for the in depth response so quickly!

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 06:47:00 pm »
Quote from: FurvaWolf;200542
And this has worked to find others in your community that share the same beliefs as you? I will definitely have to try this out and I really appreciate the input regarding this. This is inspiring to say the least. Thank you so much for the in depth response so quickly!

I wasn't looking to find people with the same beliefs, but 'people who will take my religious stuff seriously and be interested in it being a topic of conversation among others', yes. You can modify the sketches with words or symbols if you want (so, for example, you could consider something like a heart or a speech bubble around a particular religious symbol.)

(I am half a continent away from the people who share my specific religious practices in precise detail - I'm the only member of my tradition on the East Coast. And I generally run with the 'we don't need shared beliefs to have an interesting conversation' crowd.)

Paganism is a vast and interesting umbrella, but if I waited for people who shared my specific beliefs and practices, I'd be waiting approximately forever, because everyone I can think of in my tradition, there's at least one or two beliefs of mine they don't share. My current in-person ritual group when we manage to ritual has no one that shares a religion, though most of us ID as Pagan in some dimension.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 06:59:46 am »
Ask for some guidance for me to find some friends that share some common interests with me?

Hi there - I see that you posted this around a month ago, so I don't know if your situation has changed in the interim, but I wanted to wish you well with finding those friends who share common interests.

I, personally, am lucky in that I do have one close friend (both emotionally and geographically) who's also pagan, but I do still think I maybe know the craving you're probably feeling, because my friend spends a lot of time away, has a very busy lifestyle and also is eclectic pagan in a different way & with a different outlook from me.

I've found TC a good substitute much of the time when I've been craving a sense of community (& when my friend has not been available/during a phase when I wasn't sure how our two different practices could blend comfortably).

If you have any local New Age type shops they're a good place to find out about events in your local area.

I guess another alternative is maybe to sit down with one of your existing friends who's (hopefully) quite understanding, and explain to them how it makes you feel when they look at you as though you're silly & ask them to try to take a little bit of an interest, as a favour to you?
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

astraloracle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 03:46:29 am »
Please, with whatever you practice or believe.. Ask for some guidance for me to find some friends that share some common interests with me? I have tried MeetUp pages, Online Forums, Social gatherings, literally anything that comes to mind and I struggle connecting with others on common grounds in a spiritual fashion. I have some GREAT life long friends, but they all kind of look at me like I am silly if I start on one of my religious tangents. Ha! I just want some people I can actively assiciate with, some people to practice with. Some people to confide in. In the last month or so, this has really started to weigh on me and I think that's kind of why I ended up on TC. Maybe this in itself will be a blessing. Maybe I am not putting myself out there enough. Regardless. If you have the time, any efforts would be greatly appreciated.

hey! i need this too! being a witch can be lonely (probably not as isolating as maybe salem) but maybe thats the trade off. I was listening to a channeling and a medium said "If you elevate your vibration and ask you will draw people who are attracted to a higher vibration. Stop lowering it to fit in with someone who isn't ready" this resonated with me and I'm working on it too.

Tags: