Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Health: Exercise  (Read 4213 times)

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Exercise
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 12:26:37 pm »
Quote from: Alexeigynaix;200484

Youtube yoga/Pilates/dance/Zumba/something routines in my living room it is, I guess. Once I can get my living room floor clear enough to do this thing! Because clearly an additional barrier to getting exercise happening is exactly what I need!

I use a lot of youtube videos.  For me, the biggest obstacle is just making the decision to do it.  Knowing that it's in the plan is step 1 (I calendar a LOT so marking it on the calendar helps me).  Step 2 for me is silly but it works.  Even if I don't feel like working out, I go put on my workout clothes.  Once they are on, I kind of feel obligated to do something.  Step 3 is do something..anything.  If it is a really bad day (if I'm sore, having bad knee/back/arm problems, bad day of the month, super headache...) then that 'anything' might just be some deep stretching and breathing.  For me, that does sometimes roll into doing something a bit more.

I really like this lady for yoga stuff:  Yoga with Adriene  She not only covers the moves, but she is enjoyable to listen to and often incorporates the mind into things as well.  She has done several workout challenges, so there are a couple of series' of videos on her youtube.

For more cardio, I've gotten to like Tracy Campoli  She has a lot of really interesting workouts, many are short (and you repeat them a couple of times if you can), and lots have good suggestions for alterations (low/no impact or working around an injury or weakness)  She also does some free challenges a couple of times a year (with advertising for her paid programs..but she offers a ton for free)

And my 'just for fun' workout is zumba.  I may look a bit silly cavorting around my living room, and I may be breathing like a racehorse at the end, but it definitely feels more fun to me as a cardio thing than most other things.  I like LIVELOVEPARTY they have a ton of videos, and I just look for songs I like and then follow along as best I can.  The first couple of times through I definitely am still learning the moves, but typically after doing a video a handful of times I can follow along pretty well (most of them seem to have a couple of sections that repeat so it's not as bad as it seems at first)
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Tags: