Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Author Topic: Music: Any musicans here  (Read 2224 times)

Stratplayer

• View Profile
Any musicans here
« on: December 20, 2016, 04:42:34 pm »
Hey all, any other musicans here, i been learning guitar for 2 years imhqve not gotten very far but i do partice every day i have a strat and a les paul
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 05:22:13 pm by RandallS »

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Any musicans here
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 06:23:05 pm »
Quote from: Stratplayer;200293
Hey all, any other musicans here, i been learning guitar for 2 years imhqve not gotten very far but i do partice every day i have a strat and a les paul

I've played recorder since I was little, off and on. Most of what I play is folk music and such; I wouldn't say I'm great at it, but I try to play a little every week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 10:46:30 am »

Does singing count? I never really learned to play an instrument, but I've been singing in choirs virtually all my life. I'm currently singing with the Fort Bend Symphony Chorus.

My mother, OTOH, is a concert-grade pianist. She's been playing piano and keyboards for the Fort Bend Symphony for five years now.
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Revan1924

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 02:49:10 am »

I play bass guitar mainly, although carpal tunnel has been an obstacle this past year.  My main baby is a Squier J Bass I used for performance with my Ampeg and pedal.  I also have a Fender Kingman Acousitic-Electric that is more for my own practice purposes.  I've dreamed of getting a Les Paul bass, but I'm poor and it is a super-heavy instrument to heft around.

I've been playing bass for 5 years and guitar for 14.  Can do some basic stuff on drums and piano too.

I also sing.  Used to head a bass section in a choir and do musical theater, then a couple bands, now mainly in my car or working.

xAyla

• View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 05:39:18 pm »

I've been on and off with my acoustic guitar for maybe 8 years? And yet I'm still not all that good at it.. :whis: I also play the ukulele and have some basic piano knowledge, and I want to take some cello lessons in the next few years as well, I always loved the sound of it.

Also I've been singing ever since I was a child, and I've sang in choirs for several years.
"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - Neil Gaiman

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 06:42:31 am »
any other musicans here

Played a little bass guitar, way back in the wayback.  Self-taught, mostly, aided by The Cure, U2, and Jane's Addiction.  (My musical tastes are all over the place.)

Also, for a season, played tambour in a RenFaire Danse Macabre band.  They all remembered me as 'the drummer,' so there's a testament to my "style," such as it was... :D:
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 10:24:03 am »
Quote from: Sefiru;200302
I've played recorder since I was little, off and on.

Me too, although I graduated to the flute after a few years, and by now I've let even that slide, mostly. I also have voice training and choir experience; I sing at church and look to deepen my knowledge of Byzantine chant.
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

Wisp

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 03:47:40 pm »
Hey all, any other musicans here

My experience with music has been kind of a strange one. Other than a year of trumpet in elementary school, and a couple years of choir in middle school (which were pretty much non productive) I tinkered with a lot of instruments at more of a beginners to intermediate level, violin, ocarina, drums, singing, and piano as a teenager, and eventually learned fingerstyle acoustic guitar and bass guitar, which are my best instruments. But while I was still messing with beginner instruments, I tried to compose music using computer programs, and what started as disastrous has ended up as being a fairly fun hobby, and I'm probably better at composing than playing any instruments. Unfortunately, depression severely inhibited my interest in composing, but I still mess around with it from time to time, with hopes I can get more serious about it sometime in the future.

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 07:02:39 pm »
Quote from: Chatelaine;201130
Me too, although I graduated to the flute after a few years, and by now I've let even that slide, mostly. I also have voice training and choir experience; I sing at church and look to deepen my knowledge of Byzantine chant.

That reminds me: back in elementary school, in the week before Christmas, we'd have assemblies where the whole school would sing Christmas carols (and this being 1980s Ontario, they were actual carols, not non-religious songs). I still enjoy karaoke when I get the chance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Bychan Wulf

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 12:10:51 pm »
I play piano and guitar. Not a professional player, but I can play my favourite songs and also wrote some short passages when I feel like it.
Both instruments work like charms when  it comes to relaxing.
The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling

Goddess_Ashtara

• Journeyman
  • DINGIR NIN EDINLIL AK IMEN
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Nexion 3127
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 03:06:23 am »
Hey all, any other musicans here

Pipe organ, piano, guitar...
𒊩𒆪  𒂔𒇸𒀝  𒄿𒈨
NIN EDINLIL AK IMEN
𒊩𒆪  𒂔𒇸𒀝  𒄿𒈨

Golias

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 05:27:10 pm »
Quote from: Goddess_Ashtara;201728
Pipe organ, piano, guitar...

I am an experienced musician. I have been playing music for 40 years. I am a competent performer on about 5 instruments at present--I mostly play traditional music of the British Isles and America (Appalachians), although I have played tunes from all over the world--mostly for dancing.

I can play pretty much any type of music I want to ( with varying degrees of success--I don't play jazz or classical very well, although I enjoy the challenge. . .

Music is pretty much my second language.

Nymirah

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 06:31:02 pm »

I was forced to play the clarinet in my youth; In my teens I rocked out on guitar but these days I'm most happy with my harp.

I've also dabbled a bit with various types of tribal drums, as well as the fiddle, but really, my heart is with the harp. Unfortunately however I cannot sing (without sounding like a stepped on cat) so I can only do the instrumental versions of anything.

Tags: