Senior Newbie Stratplayer is on a distinguished road Stratplayer's Avatar
    Last Online
    24 Dec 2016 @ 10:22 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Celtic

Any musicans here

Hey all, any other musicans here, i been learning guitar for 2 years imhqve not gotten very far but i do partice every day i have a strat and a les paul

Staff Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sefiru has a spectacular aura about Sefiru has a spectacular aura about Sefiru has a spectacular aura about Sefiru's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Kemetic Remix

Re: Any musicans here

Quote Originally Posted by Stratplayer View Post
    Hey all, any other musicans here, i been learning guitar for 2 years imhqve not gotten very far but i do partice every day i have a strat and a les paul
    I've played recorder since I was little, off and on. Most of what I play is folk music and such; I wouldn't say I'm great at it, but I try to play a little every week.

Journeyman
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    ehbowen is on a distinguished road ehbowen's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Southern Baptist

Does singing count? I never really learned to play an instrument, but I've been singing in choirs virtually all my life. I'm currently singing with the Fort Bend Symphony Chorus.

My mother, OTOH, is a concert-grade pianist. She's been playing piano and keyboards for the Fort Bend Symphony for five years now.
    --------Eric H. Bowen
    Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!

Newbie Revan1924 is on a distinguished road Revan1924's Avatar
    Last Online
    4 Feb 2017 @ 10:14 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Kemetic
    Pronouns
    him/he/his

I play bass guitar mainly, although carpal tunnel has been an obstacle this past year. My main baby is a Squier J Bass I used for performance with my Ampeg and pedal. I also have a Fender Kingman Acousitic-Electric that is more for my own practice purposes. I've dreamed of getting a Les Paul bass, but I'm poor and it is a super-heavy instrument to heft around.

I've been playing bass for 5 years and guitar for 14. Can do some basic stuff on drums and piano too.

I also sing. Used to head a bass section in a choir and do musical theater, then a couple bands, now mainly in my car or working.

Senior Newbie Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    xAyla is on a distinguished road xAyla's Avatar
    Last Online
    25 Jan 2017 @ 11:36 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Still looking
    Pronouns
    she/her/her

I've been on and off with my acoustic guitar for maybe 8 years? And yet I'm still not all that good at it.. I also play the ukulele and have some basic piano knowledge, and I want to take some cello lessons in the next few years as well, I always loved the sound of it.

Also I've been singing ever since I was a child, and I've sang in choirs for several years.
    "Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - Neil Gaiman

Adept Member
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    MadZealot is a name known to all MadZealot is a name known to all MadZealot is a name known to all MadZealot is a name known to all MadZealot is a name known to all MadZealot is a name known to all MadZealot's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:56 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    heretic

any other musicans here
    Played a little bass guitar, way back in the wayback. Self-taught, mostly, aided by The Cure, U2, and Jane's Addiction. (My musical tastes are all over the place.)

Also, for a season, played tambour in a RenFaire Danse Macabre band. They all remembered me as 'the drummer,' so there's a testament to my "style," such as it was...
    Far as I'm concerned, 'accoutrement' is pronounced 'a cooter mint.'

Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Chatelaine will become famous soon enough Chatelaine's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:09 PM
    Country
    UK
    Religion
    Eastern Orthodox Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Sefiru View Post
    I've played recorder since I was little, off and on.
    Me too, although I graduated to the flute after a few years, and by now I've let even that slide, mostly. I also have voice training and choir experience; I sing at church and look to deepen my knowledge of Byzantine chant.
    'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
    ~St Augustine~
    Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

Senior Newbie Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Wisp is on a distinguished road Wisp's Avatar
    Last Online
    5 Mar 2017 @ 09:00 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Pagan

Hey all, any other musicans here
    My experience with music has been kind of a strange one. Other than a year of trumpet in elementary school, and a couple years of choir in middle school (which were pretty much non productive) I tinkered with a lot of instruments at more of a beginners to intermediate level, violin, ocarina, drums, singing, and piano as a teenager, and eventually learned fingerstyle acoustic guitar and bass guitar, which are my best instruments. But while I was still messing with beginner instruments, I tried to compose music using computer programs, and what started as disastrous has ended up as being a fairly fun hobby, and I'm probably better at composing than playing any instruments. Unfortunately, depression severely inhibited my interest in composing, but I still mess around with it from time to time, with hopes I can get more serious about it sometime in the future.

Staff Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sefiru has a spectacular aura about Sefiru has a spectacular aura about Sefiru has a spectacular aura about Sefiru's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Kemetic Remix

Quote Originally Posted by Chatelaine View Post
    Me too, although I graduated to the flute after a few years, and by now I've let even that slide, mostly. I also have voice training and choir experience; I sing at church and look to deepen my knowledge of Byzantine chant.
    That reminds me: back in elementary school, in the week before Christmas, we'd have assemblies where the whole school would sing Christmas carols (and this being 1980s Ontario, they were actual carols, not non-religious songs). I still enjoy karaoke when I get the chance.

Newbie Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points
    Bychan Wulf is on a distinguished road Bychan Wulf's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:18 AM
    Country
    Romania
    Religion
    Eclectic
    Pronouns
    Bychan Wulf

I play piano and guitar. Not a professional player, but I can play my favourite songs and also wrote some short passages when I feel like it.
    Both instruments work like charms when it comes to relaxing.
    The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast