Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Horrible neighbors  (Read 2175 times)

MamaThistle

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft/Gaelic polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Horrible neighbors
« on: December 14, 2016, 03:56:38 pm »
I have these horrible vindictive neighbors that have done everything from harassing, to trying to get me and my daughter kicked out of my apartment, to calling CPS!

The management has been weird, even unethical, making me wonder if they know my neighbors. I have contacted fair housing and a lawyer. The CPS worker was actually nice and didn't seem worried after seeing my healthy, happy 3-year-old. Making extra effort to keep my house clean for when they come back, still you never know.

On top of everything I had finals during all this mess! I'm trying to keep positive but honestly I'm exhausted and I don't feel very safe here, especially since the apartments reaction has been so unhelpful.

I am a good mom. I don't party, I don't smoke, I drink a couple glasses of wine on the weekends. I have a 3.7 GPA in Economics and am a teaching assistant for my department. I am trying to get into a good grad school and I really can't afford to lose focus.

I don't understand why anyone would want to accuse me of things that aren't true and hurt my family. Hoping a few extras prayers/positive energy my way will help keep these crazy people away from me. :(
"Think like a wise man but communicate in the language of the people."

- W.B. Yeats

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
Re: Horrible neighbors
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 01:59:35 pm »
Quote from: MamaThistle;200054
I have these horrible vindictive neighbors that have done everything from harassing, to trying to get me and my daughter kicked out of my apartment, to calling CPS!

The management has been weird, even unethical, making me wonder if they know my neighbors. I have contacted fair housing and a lawyer. The CPS worker was actually nice and didn't seem worried after seeing my healthy, happy 3-year-old. Making extra effort to keep my house clean for when they come back, still you never know.

On top of everything I had finals during all this mess! I'm trying to keep positive but honestly I'm exhausted and I don't feel very safe here, especially since the apartments reaction has been so unhelpful.

I am a good mom. I don't party, I don't smoke, I drink a couple glasses of wine on the weekends. I have a 3.7 GPA in Economics and am a teaching assistant for my department. I am trying to get into a good grad school and I really can't afford to lose focus.

I don't understand why anyone would want to accuse me of things that aren't true and hurt my family. Hoping a few extras prayers/positive energy my way will help keep these crazy people away from me. :(

That is just awful. I'm sending prayers your way.
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

MamaThistle

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 05:12:48 pm »
Quote from: MeadowRae;200115
That is just awful. I'm sending prayers your way.

Thank you. Things are looking a little better. After some of the stuff the apartments did throughout this drama, it looks like we are going to be able to get out of the lease. Hopefully we will be in a better home with better neighbors soon!

- W.B. Yeats

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 10:16:35 pm »
Quote from: MamaThistle;200127
Thank you. Things are looking a little better. After some of the stuff the apartments did throughout this drama, it looks like we are going to be able to get out of the lease. Hopefully we will be in a better home with better neighbors soon!

That's good news.  Horrid neighbors can be such a pain.  

Thankfully, mine just moved away.
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

MamaThistle

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 10:29:31 am »
Quote from: MadZealot;200142
That's good news.  Horrid neighbors can be such a pain.  

Thankfully, mine just moved away.

Yes, these apartments just are not really worth the trouble honestly. They are waay overpriced and the managers are not the brightest.

I've been looking at 2-story condos for the same price. It's just a stressful time to be looking.

- W.B. Yeats

Freesia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 06:00:57 pm »
Quote from: MamaThistle;200214
Yes, these apartments just are not really worth the trouble honestly. They are waay overpriced and the managers are not the brightest.

I've been looking at 2-story condos for the same price. It's just a stressful time to be looking.

I feel for you. I just had a rough semester with a lot of extra drama. Moving is never easy, especially with kids. At least your little one is still young so you wont need to worry about school zones. Good luck with your degree. Get through it while your child is young; they grow up so fast.

Tags: