Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: How many god/desses can you worship/serve?  (Read 3894 times)

Immortal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: How many god/desses can you worship/serve?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 10:33:08 pm »
Quote from: Jainarayan;200026
I can only speak for Heathenry and Hinduism in saying that it's commonly held in those traditions that the Gods are not omniscient nor omnipresent. They have to be called. Hence the use of bells and and flame in Hinduism, as well as invoking Ganesha first. He's sort of the intermediary, closest to the human plane,  and helps contact other deities. When I do a Krishna puja (prayer and worship, one of the things I say is Sri Krishnaaya aavaahanam samarpayaami, literally "To Lord Krishna [an] invitation I offer" while ringing a handbell. In Heathen blóts and offerings there is a calling to the Gods, spirits and ancestors. If they were continually present, there would be no need to invite them. I can't say for sure or speak for everyone, but it may be an influence of the Christian over-culture that God is always watching, looking over our shoulders, expecting our worship. But I think you will know what they prefer, like or dislike... just like we humans let each other know.

I came back to address your post again. I saw Brigid there. She was the first goddess whose presence I recognized. That was why I was bothered that she never spoke... Today she officiated sort of. I do always wonder what or who god/dess wise is watching me, I am not paranoid or anything, but as you say there is that God is always watching thing, reading our thoughts even. And that Satan could read our thoughts too.

I would be interested to know the difference between the concepts of god in Christianity versus the concepts of god/desses in paganism, so I will start a thread about that.

I had read a new age thing that Archangels are omnipresent, and I had reason to test that theory. I was doing a shamanic ritual taking intrusions out of my heart chakra, that is thought by some to be kinda dangerous, so I asked Micheal to come in my body to protect me and to come into my grown son's body across the room (he was oblivious to the fact I was doing anything, but I didn't want to put him in danger) and Michael was in two places at once.

Today I invoked everyone I work with. I wanted witnesses to our Agreement, just as I did when I took my oath to paganism and the old gods. My spirit guides seem to work with only a few people, those in their soul group, the power animals I dunno, some people think there is only one of each of their kind. I wouldn't think that were so, but i dunno.

I would think my new age teacher guide, Jeshua works with many people. And the fae I called were only from around here, the house and property, but the house fae can come and go to their own kind, I don't know if they grace anyone else with their presence. The tree fae stay with the trees as far as I know.

We went over a lot about why they want me to worship in certain ways for my benefit which really helped my understanding of them as loving and kind and doing things for our mutual benefit. That went a long way in my trusting them... a lot of our discussion was about trusting them.

I am glad I can worship freely though and not have strings attached until March, then we re evaluate and I have another big discussion with them all. We got our ground rules settled which is what mattered to me, that and a lot of reassurances that I could trust them - that they have my happiness and peace and peace of mind in mind along with what they get out of it.

And I got reassurance that my offerings will be sufficient at this time as my atheist hubby doesn't want to waste food etc. on gods that don't exist. I am able to sacrifice beer like a twenty something ounce Guinness at the High Days, but not a twenty dollar bottle of mead for instance. In between the High Days, it is dried brown rice and water only. The fae get whipped cream because that is what they asked for lol.

I am going to use portions of a bottle of whiskey as a sacrifice to the Hawaiian gods/ancestors to appease them, if that is okay with Pele, on my implement quest thingy... now I just have to break that to hubby. He is all for helping me by carting me all over creation to the sacred places (heiau) to do the sacrifices. We will be going to one place on each weekend after the new year settles in - they are already on our calendar. So I really appreciate him!!

The Hawaiian implement I have is a poi pounder. It is on my altar acting as a representative of our holy mountain, Mauna Kea. I would say it is happy here. It has a purpose where most old implements are just forgotten on a shelf or in a field somewhere.

And yes, rocks have feelings... the land here requires you ask things like rocks if they want to go with you. I felt bad for forgetting to ask some river rocks if they wanted to come and be used on my altar and the land (the aina) was angry with me and the rocks kept complaining... it really made me feel bad that I held onto them this long.

I am going to return them on Sunday and get some that really want to be on my altar. It was when i was getting two rocks last Sunday that I came in contact with the aina, saw it was angry and agreed to bring the rocks back that I met Pele, i was upset even though the land and I worked it out and her voice comforted me. I asked who it was, because I never heard that voice  before and she gave her name. I told her I wasn't expecting her to comfort me and I sort of apologized for being judgmental toward her, that was the beginning of our relationship.

I hate going to preview post and seeing I wrote a whole huge post, please forgive - it is in my nature to talk, write and communicate any way I can.

Love,

Immortal
Pagan/New Age Shaman wannabe, baby Druid, studying Wicca. I want to be an Interfaith Minister. I have been a Christian, a baby Buddhist and an atheist (kind of).

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 06:46:06 pm »
Quote from: Immortal;200038

I hate going to preview post and seeing I wrote a whole huge post, please forgive - it is in my nature to talk, write and communicate any way I can.

Love,

Immortal

Don't worry -- we have a lot of talkative people around here! You've split up your post into paragraphs, which is good and makes things easier to read.

We also don't mind people double-posting, or replying to their own post if they think of something else to say. If you want to make a general response to the thread, it's ok to quote the last post in the thread, or the OP. A lot of times people will write "just hanging this here" or a similar comment to indicate that's what they're doing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Immortal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2016, 09:44:37 pm »
Quote from: Sefiru;200058
Don't worry -- we have a lot of talkative people around here! You've split up your post into paragraphs, which is good and makes things easier to read.

We also don't mind people double-posting, or replying to their own post if they think of something else to say. If you want to make a general response to the thread, it's ok to quote the last post in the thread, or the OP. A lot of times people will write "just hanging this here" or a similar comment to indicate that's what they're doing.

Sefiru,  Thank you very much,

General comment:

I made a big dumb mistake I always, always make - I said the name of the mother goddess in the Hawaiian religion was Wakea, that is the Father God. The Mother Goddess is Papa... cultural flip flop of my brain says Papa is a guy, everytime..

So sorry...

Immortal
Pagan/New Age Shaman wannabe, baby Druid, studying Wicca. I want to be an Interfaith Minister. I have been a Christian, a baby Buddhist and an atheist (kind of).

Immortal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2017, 04:37:58 am »
Quote from: Immortal;200063
Sefiru,  Thank you very much,

General comment:

I made a big dumb mistake I always, always make - I said the name of the mother goddess in the Hawaiian religion was Wakea, that is the Father God. The Mother Goddess is Papa... cultural flip flop of my brain says Papa is a guy, everytime..

So sorry...

Immortal

I have been off the forum. I have been tortured basically by a tremendous fear of Yahweh, that all of my deities were demonic. I did a devotion tonight to them which bodes well for the new year. I had stopped doing any rituals or devotions after Yule in total fear. I was very tormented. I had not seen that side of Yahweh before. It is very scary. Also, I read accounts of god/desses being very scary to work with. My god/desses are god/desses  of peace etc. and not scary. Pele is the most scary, and I have not seen that side of her at all. I may not work with her after my agreement is up though.

I am working on a ritual for Imbolc dedicated to Brigid my main Matron Goddess and one to the Hawaiian gods and goddesses for the equinox after.

I was also learning a lot about personal gnosis. Anything I say is subject to Your Mileage May Vary. And I am not attached to that in other people, just to myself. I hope that has been clear, if not, very sorry... the things I see, hear, etc are pretty real to me, but I find discrepancies along the way of things I didn't hear correctly. So yes, anything I say is subject to your own experience, thoughts, etc.,,,

Immortal

Tags: