collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Hello from Hawaii!  (Read 982 times)

Immortal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hello from Hawaii!
« on: December 08, 2016, 01:15:00 am »
I am a 51 year old woman who was a Christian my whole life until about five years ago. I became a Buddhist then an atheist then a Pagan, then a new ager as well. Now I am an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church. I am studying all religions and practices.

I actually walked away from Christianity before that but was trying to decide if I should go back to church for a long time. All of my friends were Christian and leaving Christianity meant I lost all my friends. I have two still interested in being my "friend" meaning they want to bring me back. So I just ignore them. So five years without a friend. I was not cut out to be a Christian Fundamentalist anyway. I love everybody equally and I don't know how to judge others, lol...

... most people don't realize there is a whole liberal wing to Christianity with folks who don't play by the vocal evil Fundamentalist games. My family was burned at the stake for baptizing as adults instead of children and following their own views and not the churches. That is hard to get away from.

I am married with four children and six grandchildren. I have several Chronic Illnesses including agoraphobia which I have been working on very seriously. I was afraid to go out the door and go out in my yard even. Now I am familiar with the dryads in the trees on my property. I feel I was supposed to be alone for a time. It made me grow tremendously. But now I feel I need to be a friend and help others and volunteer and be of service to others and share my knowledge with whoever is seeking that type of knowledge.

I have been studying Wicca and Shamanism lately mostly. I have cast circles and done rituals centering around healing and protection. I have conjured up my energy into my hand and filled my house and property with it for protection. How often should I do this?

I am having trouble as a solitary because I have problems being consistent on my own with anything. I would like someone to be accountable to.

My main healer spirit guide is Sarah and my main teacher guide is Jeshua. Brigid is in contact with me and Brigid and Jeshua and Raphael had an interesting talk with me. I have over a dozen guides. I asked Sarah why so many? Because I need a lot of healing and I have a lot i need to accomplish in my life before it is through. She said it was an emergency. She wants me to journey everyday. In order to do this, I need to go outside and really connect with the earth everyday. I want to, but it is very hard for me. Sarah says water and earth will heal me. I tend to get really ungrounded. So contact with the earth daily is totally essential for me.

My grandmother just passed away which really threw me off. When I journey she and my grandfather meet me in the form of a bald eagle and a golden eagle and we fly to the Upper Realm. I can't get away from Christianity. It is following me. I didn't ask for my two main guides to be Biblical. And one of the first people I met journeying was the Holy Spirit. S/he is androgynous. At least with me s/he is. You may experience her/him differently. S/he is in every religion.

I generally get depressed every end of November/beginning of December but this time it snuck up on me. Then I had a dream which confirmed to me greatly that I am Wiccan and I have a coven somewhere to help and protect. That re energized and reinvigorated my spirital walk so much! After grandma passed I felt lost and was sick often and then got depressed, but I am back on track now thank goodness!

I am an artist by trade although I have never made much money with it. I have been a painter and a potter, but I need a studio to work in currently. So for now I am free to continue to explore fully my first love... religion.

Thanks for listening,

Love,

Immortal
Pagan/New Age Shaman wannabe, baby Druid, studying Wicca. I want to be an Interfaith Minister. I have been a Christian, a baby Buddhist and an atheist (kind of).

Megatherium

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Heathen(ish)
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Hello from Hawaii!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 04:49:44 pm »
Quote from: Immortal;199846
I am a 51 year old woman who was a Christian my whole life until about five years ago. I became a Buddhist then an atheist then a Pagan, then a new ager as well. Now I am an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church. I am studying all religions and practices.

I actually walked away from Christianity before that but was trying to decide if I should go back to church for a long time. All of my friends were Christian and leaving Christianity meant I lost all my friends. I have two still interested in being my "friend" meaning they want to bring me back. So I just ignore them. So five years without a friend. I was not cut out to be a Christian Fundamentalist anyway. I love everybody equally and I don't know how to judge others, lol...

... most people don't realize there is a whole liberal wing to Christianity with folks who don't play by the vocal evil Fundamentalist games. My family was burned at the stake for baptizing as adults instead of children and following their own views and not the churches. That is hard to get away from.

I am married with four children and six grandchildren. I have several Chronic Illnesses including agoraphobia which I have been working on very seriously. I was afraid to go out the door and go out in my yard even. Now I am familiar with the dryads in the trees on my property. I feel I was supposed to be alone for a time. It made me grow tremendously. But now I feel I need to be a friend and help others and volunteer and be of service to others and share my knowledge with whoever is seeking that type of knowledge.

I have been studying Wicca and Shamanism lately mostly. I have cast circles and done rituals centering around healing and protection. I have conjured up my energy into my hand and filled my house and property with it for protection. How often should I do this?

I am having trouble as a solitary because I have problems being consistent on my own with anything. I would like someone to be accountable to.

My main healer spirit guide is Sarah and my main teacher guide is Jeshua. Brigid is in contact with me and Brigid and Jeshua and Raphael had an interesting talk with me. I have over a dozen guides. I asked Sarah why so many? Because I need a lot of healing and I have a lot i need to accomplish in my life before it is through. She said it was an emergency. She wants me to journey everyday. In order to do this, I need to go outside and really connect with the earth everyday. I want to, but it is very hard for me. Sarah says water and earth will heal me. I tend to get really ungrounded. So contact with the earth daily is totally essential for me.

My grandmother just passed away which really threw me off. When I journey she and my grandfather meet me in the form of a bald eagle and a golden eagle and we fly to the Upper Realm. I can't get away from Christianity. It is following me. I didn't ask for my two main guides to be Biblical. And one of the first people I met journeying was the Holy Spirit. S/he is androgynous. At least with me s/he is. You may experience her/him differently. S/he is in every religion.

I generally get depressed every end of November/beginning of December but this time it snuck up on me. Then I had a dream which confirmed to me greatly that I am Wiccan and I have a coven somewhere to help and protect. That re energized and reinvigorated my spirital walk so much! After grandma passed I felt lost and was sick often and then got depressed, but I am back on track now thank goodness!

I am an artist by trade although I have never made much money with it. I have been a painter and a potter, but I need a studio to work in currently. So for now I am free to continue to explore fully my first love... religion.

Thanks for listening,

Love,

Immortal

Hello and welcome to TC! There are a lot of members of this forum for whom Brigid is a key component of their religious life, some of our members have contributed to an organization centered on her. The website address is as follows - https://clannbhride.wordpress.com/

..and perhaps it may be of some use to you. Weclome to TC!
My views are one that speaks to freedom.
-George W. Bush

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 08:05:43 pm »

Thanks for listening,

Love,

Immortal

Hello and welcome!
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Immortal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 10:10:59 pm »
Quote from: Megatherium;199871
Hello and welcome to TC! There are a lot of members of this forum for whom Brigid is a key component of their religious life, some of our members have contributed to an organization centered on her. The website address is as follows - https://clannbhride.wordpress.com/

..and perhaps it may be of some use to you. Weclome to TC!

Thank you VERY much! For the info & the welcome,

Immortal
Pagan/New Age Shaman wannabe, baby Druid, studying Wicca. I want to be an Interfaith Minister. I have been a Christian, a baby Buddhist and an atheist (kind of).

Immortal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 10:13:22 pm »
Quote from: Voren;199874
Hello and welcome!

Thank you VERY much for the welcome!

Immortal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 10:29:09 pm »

Thanks for listening,

Love,

Immortal

I feel like I keep making an ass out of myself everywhere I go on the web, lately... I have never bent over backwards trying to fit in until I became a pagan. I usually could give a rat's ass what anyone thinks of me (one reason I wasn't cut out to be a "proper" Christian. Lately, I don't know what is up with me... insecurities, I guess. ,

I joined the ADF. I am now on the Dedicant's Path. And boy am I excited. I am glad I have plenty of free time to give to all of my studies. I already did the Oath you are supposed to do after a year of study, lol. I Dunno, I guess I made a huge leap of faith this week and dove in to all of my studies. The book I was reading last week said to just keep taking little steps and they will lead to great big leaps of change. Well, I've changed...

There is a coven an hour away from me that I am interested in but I can't get there because I can't drive yet because of my disability. I think I will get in touch with them anyway, just to let them know that I am interested. It can't hurt, I guess.

I need to journey more. My inner child always shows up in my sacred place along with whoever needs to chat with me. I asked for prayers for consistency, but I don't need them now. I am on FIRE!

Please forgive all of my long diatribes, I never can quit talking, etc.

Love,

Immortal
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:37:37 pm by Immortal »

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 03:07:55 am »

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Tags: