[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Newish  (Read 1134 times)

LostPagan

• View Profile
Newish
« on: December 02, 2016, 07:29:10 pm »
Hello all. My name is Brian. I am newish to Asatru. I say newish because I have believed and held faith in the gods for quite some time but just recently found the name for what I am to be considered. I am married with two kids. I am considering looking for a kindred, I may wait until, like Odin, I obtain more knowledge. I am 3rd generation Dutch-American. My ancestors have been traced back to at least the 1500's in Holland on my mother's father's side. I am anxious to meet other asatruar. Hail to the gods. May they protect all of my brethren.

Arim

Re: Newish
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 11:07:07 pm »
Brian, nice to meet you, sir. You have interesting background family. Apology for my poor English. I'm here for the knowledge too.

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 03:18:53 am »
Quote from: LostPagan;199704

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 03:55:34 am »
I am 3rd generation Dutch-American. My ancestors have been traced back to at least the 1500's in Holland on my mother's father's side.  

A warm welcome from a 'fellow' Dutch person ;)
I classify myself as pagan, cause I'm still discovering. But Odin has stepped up to lead me along this path of personal growth.
Where have you traced your ancestors back to?
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

LostPagan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 02:24:54 pm »
Quote from: Vixen;199779
A warm welcome from a 'fellow' Dutch person ;)
I classify myself as pagan, cause I'm still discovering. But Odin has stepped up to lead me along this path of personal growth.
Where have you traced your ancestors back to?

First off thank you Morag, Arim, and Vixen. As for my ancestory, my mother traced it back to Oosterwijk, Na Brab. ,Holland. I copied what she wrote on the chart. But that's also back in 1578. Names may have changed. My ancestors name was Gerrit Schilder. Which is amazingly simple considering my other ancestors last names were Hoogendoorn and Weeteling!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 02:27:16 pm by LostPagan »

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 10:03:32 pm »
Hello all. My name is Brian. I am newish to Asatru. I say newish because I have believed and held faith in the gods for quite some time but just recently found the name for what I am to be considered. I am married with two kids. I am considering looking for a kindred, I may wait until, like Odin, I obtain more knowledge. I am 3rd generation Dutch-American. My ancestors have been traced back to at least the 1500's in Holland on my mother's father's side. I am anxious to meet other asatruar. Hail to the gods. May they protect all of my brethren.

Welcome. You may want to change your sig to be a little less antagonistic ^^
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 03:04:13 am »
Quote from: LostPagan;199794
First off thank you Morag, Arim, and Vixen. As for my ancestory, my mother traced it back to Oosterwijk, Na Brab. ,Holland. I copied what she wrote on the chart. But that's also back in 1578. Names may have changed. My ancestors name was Gerrit Schilder. Which is amazingly simple considering my other ancestors last names were Hoogendoorn and Weeteling!

The place still exists, it's called Oisterwijk nowadays, in the province of North Brabant.
If you're ever in the neighbourhood give me a shout. I'd love to show you around the Netherlands or help you in your research (I work at my cities archives)
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

Tags:

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 239
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Allaya, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Ashmire, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

'Up All Night' Coordinator:
Altair

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Chatelaine, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal