Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Incense offerings  (Read 5671 times)

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Incense offerings
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 02:14:58 am »
Quote from: EclecticWheel;199665
So I was wondering what types of incense offerings people here like to use.

I do not have a particular kind I use as long as I think it has a nice scent.  I do not have a lot of money either.  Usually I have used incense sticks, but in my rituals there are two places to offer incense and it can be a hassle because I do not need it to be burning the entire time in between.

I just need to waft a little incense and that is it.  With the sticks I either have to light it and then put it right out, and it can be sort of messy with the ashes and distracting, or let it burn, and then I might have to use two sticks to make both the offerings.

I have thought about purchasing one of those incense burners used in the church to swing over my altar or table, but I haven't decided yet.  I do not have any experience with it.

I just use Dragons Blood as I love the scent. But it's very rare I use incense these days.

I would put it on my altar and let it burn to the end. :)
Conformity is the death of individualism

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 10:56:56 am »

I do not have a particular kind I use as long as I think it has a nice scent.  I do not have a lot of money either.  Usually I have used incense sticks, but in my rituals there are two places to offer incense and it can be a hassle because I do not need it to be burning the entire time in between.

I just need to waft a little incense and that is it.  With the sticks I either have to light it and then put it right out, and it can be sort of messy with the ashes and distracting, or let it burn, and then I might have to use two sticks to make both the offerings.

I have thought about purchasing one of those incense burners used in the church to swing over my altar or table, but I haven't decided yet.  I do not have any experience with it.

In the past, I've used dried juniper and dried sage. I don't use incense sticks or cones at this point. I have a hard time finding sticks and cones that I like the scent of (although I do like how anything you buy in a metaphysical shop/witchy shop tends to smell like incense; it makes it smell all magical).

I just light a charcoal round in a bowl with sand in the bottom--I use sand from a local beach and a soapstone bowl I bought on Etsy--sprinkle on some herb, and let it go (although you do need to probably open a window and keep an eye on it, and the charcoal stays really hot for a long time).

If you just needed a bit of incense at the beginning, this could work; just don't put a ton of incense on the charcoal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dynes Hysbys

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Cunning Craft
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2017, 11:34:09 am »

I tend to make my own incense. If I use the sticks it's just for a nice smell around the place.

If I use charcoal discs on sand in either a small iron cauldron on a stand or a small soapstone bowl. I light them using the gas flame on the stove and they're good to go pretty quickly.

Otherwise I use my home made cone incense - that's more for special occasions as it's a bit of a faff to make although easy to use

Tags: