Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Help me find who I am  (Read 1638 times)

MrsPanda

• View Profile
Help me find who I am
« on: December 01, 2016, 05:04:53 pm »
This is all completely new to me, so please bear with me.

I was brought up a Christian, but never believed in a God.

I am a very earthy person, consider myself an eco warrior and do what I can to spread the word on reusable products.

I believe in positive energy, karma, meditation etc. I struggle to believe in any higher powers such as Gods and Goddesses. I love the idea of it, but don't think it's true (personally). I sort of wish I did because as I said, I love the idea of it.

I love the idea of healing crystals, candles, moon phases etc and find great comfort in visiting holy places such as Churches etc.

So please, help me find who I am, connect with people like me, and get some books to help me focus on what I love!

Thank you <3

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
Re: Help me find who I am
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 01:37:22 am »
Quote from: MrsPanda;199631

I am a very earthy person, consider myself an eco warrior and do what I can to spread the word on reusable products.

I believe in positive energy, karma, meditation etc. I struggle to believe in any higher powers such as Gods and Goddesses. I love the idea of it, but don't think it's true (personally). I sort of wish I did because as I said, I love the idea of it.

I love the idea of healing crystals, candles, moon phases etc and find great comfort in visiting holy places such as Churches etc.

So please, help me find who I am, connect with people like me, and get some books to help me focus on what I love!

Thank you <3

Have you looked at the term "new age"?
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

MrsPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 04:02:51 am »
Quote from: Jack;199656
Have you looked at the term "new age"?

No I haven't, I did a bit of digging last night and felt strongly when I was reading about Green Witches. I'm going to keep looking, thank you :)

HedgeAndCave

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/478745533/bone-knifeathame?ref=shop_home_active_1
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 04:54:31 pm »

Thank you <3

Just as you mention Karma, you may want to look in to The Dhammapada (a Buddhist scripture) and The Kathasaritsagara - a collection of possibly very ancient Hindu tales related to reincarnation which is an astounding read, but takes several reads through before you feel you really know what's going on due to the main protagonists' various lives etc.  Very worth it though, and often quite hilarious IMO.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 04:40:35 pm »

Thank you <3

I like your avatar picture - Spaced was a great show.

The thing to remember, I think, when you're first looking into Paganism is that it's very probable you will not find something that resonates perfectly with you. The other thing to remember is that nobody can tell you who or what you are. Pagan religions in general tend to be very self driven - even if you join a group, you are expected to put in a lot of work on your own.

My advice is to read as much as you can. You're already on this forum, so why not look around? There's loads of threads on people trying to find their paths, and on questions relating to making their own paths... there's so much good stuff.

As for books, it will be easier for people to make recommendations if they know what you're most interested in researching. (Like, for crystals? I know a lot of people have that "Love Is In the Earth" book. But beyond that I'm not sure what more you'd like to know about.)

Tags: