collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: scrying with a marble instead of a crystal ball  (Read 5187 times)

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
scrying with a marble instead of a crystal ball
« on: September 23, 2011, 08:33:26 am »
has anyone ever scried with a marble instead of a crystal ball?

Lonstar

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: scrying with a marble instead of a crystal ball
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:17:51 pm »
Quote from: addy;21798

No, but I've tried water with some drops of oil and also smoke. Must say, never could see anything with the smoke.

I wonder does it make a difference what medium is used? IMO, it's only an aid to help the seer. Some might prefer water, others marble etc. I must give marble a whirl some day.

monsnoleedra

• Sr. Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 07:56:27 pm »
Quote from: addy;21798

I've never tried but i'd have to wonder just which type of marble would you use?  You've got the solid color ones, the clear & color ribbon style, some that look like speckled orbs with flakes in them or actual ceramic balls that are painted.  That doesn't even really touch upon size when you look at regular marbles versus the ones you'd actualy use to shoot marbles.

A number of years ago they had a toy called clackers that were two glass balls that were connected with a cord between them.  The balls were about 2 to 2.5 inches in size and had a pretty good reflective surface.  They weren't around to long as when you started to "clack" with them by smashing the balls against each other the glass would chip and flake but you might find some of those size glass balls.

Still I'd be curious as to what style and size of marbles you'd be considering for usage if nothing more than a discussion point of interest.

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 02:14:20 am »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;21895
I've never tried but i'd have to wonder just which type of marble would you use?  You've got the solid color ones, the clear & color ribbon style, some that look like speckled orbs with flakes in them or actual ceramic balls that are painted.  That doesn't even really touch upon size when you look at regular marbles versus the ones you'd actualy use to shoot marbles.

A number of years ago they had a toy called clackers that were two glass balls that were connected with a cord between them.  The balls were about 2 to 2.5 inches in size and had a pretty good reflective surface.  They weren't around to long as when you started to "clack" with them by smashing the balls against each other the glass would chip and flake but you might find some of those size glass balls.

Still I'd be curious as to what style and size of marbles you'd be considering for usage if nothing more than a discussion point of interest.

it would be a clear glass marble :)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 07:49:35 am »
Quote from: addy;21925
it would be a clear glass marble :)

I don't see any reason that would not work.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Tags: