Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Author Topic: Coming Soon: A Cauldron Holiday Tradition  (Read 6376 times)

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
Re: Coming Soon: A Cauldron Holiday Tradition...
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 06:10:02 pm »
Quote from: Chatelaine;199412
I'm always in! (The year it doubled as a certain book launch party was particularly good. ;) )

Damn good book, too.  

Yeah, I'll be around this solstice, might even make it through to dawn if I can stay away from all the delicious hard cider.
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 10:19:49 am »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;199516
UAN is my favorite holiday!! I've been excited since the summer solstice--somehow it just seems to bring everyone closer together.

The theme, I think, is especially relevant and well-chosen, and will be a nice addition to our night. :)

I'll definitely be hanging out in chat from before sunset Pacific time 'til...whenever I can make it. Maybe somebody can get a Cards Against Humanity game started?

Thanks, Altair!
How do we play CAH online?! And I'll be joining in from Tapatalk when I can, but Fiancé's father has planned a day in NYC for the 21st so I won't be Up All Night.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2016, 05:06:34 pm »
Quote from: MadZealot;199521
Damn good book, too.  

I'm blushing.

Yay, MZ, HH, and Allaya (you know we count on you every year as one of the European sentinels of the coming darkness)! UAN wouldn't be the same without you.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:07:07 pm by Altair »
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 05:07:52 pm »
Quote from: missgraceless;199546
How do we play CAH online?! And I'll be joining in from Tapatalk when I can, but Fiancé's father has planned a day in NYC for the 21st so I won't be Up All Night.

Oh cool--you're going to be on my turf!
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 06:30:48 pm »
Quote from: missgraceless;199546
How do we play CAH online?!

There are websites for this actually, but they require registration.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 08:13:26 pm »
Quote from: Altair;199556
Oh cool--you're going to be on my turf!
NYC? I actually grew up in southern CT, just about an hour outside of the city. Haven't been in years though other than JFK airport.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2016, 09:14:29 pm »
Quote from: Altair;199393
"Up All Night" 2016 is coming!

[...]

So let's use this space to start warming up: Who's going to join in on the fun this year? And (regardless of whether or not you plan to pull the full all-nighter) what are your top suggestions for staying awake?

While I can't be Up All Night, I will attempt to pay a short visit.
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2016, 04:10:35 pm »
Quote from: ehbowen;199577
While I can't be Up All Night, I will attempt to pay a short visit.

There is no minimum duration of visit, ehbowen; we'll be pleased with however long you're able to join in

rocquelaire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 05:36:29 am »
Quote from: Altair;199625
There is no minimum duration of visit, ehbowen; we'll be pleased with however long you're able to join in

I really want to to try for all night but since I'll have a tiny new baby by then, it's probably not the best idea to deprive myself of any sleep that's available to me.

I will, however, make sure to pop in round about feeding etc so I'll probably check in at odd times. This of course is assuming that all goes well and we're both home by then :-)

NightFury326

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2016, 11:37:48 am »

The night straddling Tuesday, December 20/Wednesday, December 21 marks the 2016 solstice: the summer solstice (longest day of the year) in the southern hemisphere, and the winter solstice (longest night of the year) in the north. At the Cauldron we have a habit of celebrating the December solstice with a cyber party that starts at sunset (wherever you are) and ends at sunrise (wherever you are), during which time we “gather” electronically in this space--posting anything and everything (but still within forum rules, of course) in a special Up All Night thread that opens on the solstice, and talking relentlessly to help each other stay up all night—or simply for as long as one wants to stay awake and participate. Northern hemisphere or south, pagan or not, staying up all night long or just dropping in while you’re awake…it doesn’t matter, because everyone is welcome at Up All Night: A Technopagan Solstice Celebration!

The festivities will begin at sunset on Tuesday evening, December 20. We have a non-theme each year—an idea that can serve as an inspiration/organizing thought for posts, but that can be completely ignored (which is why we call it a “non-theme”). This year’s non-theme is:

Making it through the dark times

(Seasonal, political, personal,…interpret that as you will, or turn a blind eye to the non-theme and post/chat about whatever you want)

So let's use this space to start warming up: Who's going to join in on the fun this year? And (regardless of whether or not you plan to pull the full all-nighter) what are your top suggestions for staying awake?

I'm up for it. I'm usually awake til 3am anyway. I'll try to pop in when I can.
Former Username- Heather326SC

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2016, 10:27:21 am »
Quote from: Heather326SC;199792
I'm up for it. I'm usually awake til 3am anyway. I'll try to pop in when I can.

Adding you, Heather, and Rocquelaire to our expected roster of participants! We're now less than 2 weeks away, and I'm getting excited...

Wanderer894

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Ignostic Pagan/Way of the Dragonfly
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2016, 07:28:34 am »

The night straddling Tuesday, December 20/Wednesday, December 21 marks the 2016 solstice: the summer solstice (longest day of the year) in the southern hemisphere, and the winter solstice (longest night of the year) in the north. At the Cauldron we have a habit of celebrating the December solstice with a cyber party that starts at sunset (wherever you are) and ends at sunrise (wherever you are), during which time we “gather” electronically in this space--posting anything and everything (but still within forum rules, of course) in a special Up All Night thread that opens on the solstice, and talking relentlessly to help each other stay up all night—or simply for as long as one wants to stay awake and participate.

I have work the next day, so I definitely won't be staying up all night (manage it once and you get the urge to try and do it again, apparently). I will be around, though.
I love a good metallurgical take on the phrase "What the F---?"

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2016, 02:45:26 pm »

I'll be around for some of it.  Might try to get some writing done.

(I was probably about a yard from a Cooper's today, holy shit, Altair.  Buzzed my van while I was sitting at a parking light.  It was SO AWESOME.)
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2016, 04:41:43 pm »

I took the week off work (vigil being hard in the middle of a work week) partly so I can do some other things at home too. I'm currently dubious about my ability to manage all night, but I'll be around for some of it.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2016, 05:23:04 pm »
So let's use this space to start warming up: Who's going to join in on the fun this year?

I definitely will; staying up all night has become my big solstice tradition.

Will likely spend the night knitting, baking, and wrapping Christmas gifts.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Tags: