Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Sons of Odin Hoodie, what are your thoughts?  (Read 10816 times)

Son of the Norse

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Sons of Odin Hoodie, what are your thoughts?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2016, 04:15:29 pm »
Quote from: Dam;199392
After seeing this picture it is blatantly in the style of Sons if Anarchy, and I love it.

Heathen bikers. Biking heathenly.

My thoughts exactly!  I just think it looks cool. :)
~Son of the Norse

Dam

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2016, 06:04:59 pm »
Quote from: Son of the Norse;199401
My thoughts exactly!  I just think it looks cool. :)

It does! I want to get one for myself. This has reminded me that they are making an SoA spinoff based around the Mayans. Cant wait for it

Odinia

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2017, 07:11:55 am »
If you really want to know, I find it highly disturbing that you would consider a group intended to protect White women, like myself, from attacks from real racists to be somehow supremacist. One would think that people who have a right to protect women in nations our ancestors built from those who hate their race and culture and are there to use them.

Quote from: Son of the Norse;199142
My wife recently bought me a hoodie that has a picture of the All-father and his two ravens on his shoulders on the back.

On the top of the picture it says; "Sons of Odin", and on the bottom it says; "Valhalla".  I like it and thought it looked pretty cool but when I looked up the title: "sons of odin" I found out that there is a group that is basically a "white supremacist" group that may use that same name in Europe and other places (even though when I clicked on the link that said Sons of Odin, their site actually said; Soldiers of Odin).

Do you think that wearing this hoodie with the decal on the back here in the USA will cause people to think I am some kind of Neo-Nazi?

Your input is greatly appreciated! :)

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2017, 07:47:19 am »
Quote from: Odinia;200932
If you really want to know, I find it highly disturbing that you would consider a group intended to protect White women, like myself, from attacks from real racists to be somehow supremacist. One would think that people who have a right to protect women in nations our ancestors built from those who hate their race and culture and are there to use them.

White women are statistically most likely to be hurt by white men. Who is protecting you from them?
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2017, 10:46:45 am »
Quote from: Odinia;200932

*** MOD HAT ON ***
Odinia,

I strongly suggest that you read our board rules and, especially, the Special Rules for this SIG before posting again. In particular, note that the SIG Special Rules state, 'Racial supremacists of any type are not welcome here.' Your claim to the contrary notwithstanding, the position you express above is common among - and almost entirely exclusive to - white-supremacist groups and individuals. If you are not able to post here without expressing such positions, this is probably not the board for you.

Sunflower
TC Message Board Coordinator
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Obsidia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »
Quote from: Son of the Norse;199352
Thankfully it does not look like that.  Here is the logo on the back:

I was going to ask why did she buy you that without researching it. You can always just wear it at home. In winter you can wear it underneath a big heavy coat.

Obsidia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2017, 04:06:54 pm »
Quote from: Sarah;200934
White women are statistically most likely to be hurt by white men. Who is protecting you from them?

Sadly no one protects women anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:07:25 pm by Obsidia »

Hyacinth Belle

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2017, 04:14:25 pm »
Quote from: Obsidia;200954
Sadly no one protects women anywhere.
One, I don't find this blanket statement particularly true in my personal experience. I'm sorry if you've found it true in yours.

But two, the sexism here makes me bristle. People should help people. As a woman, I can protect myself, thank you. Sure, sometimes that protection means I don't go places alone, for example. But that is my call and not something others decide, as the phrasing of your post suggests to me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
"Silent and thoughtful a prince\'s son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15

Obsidia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2017, 04:26:37 pm »
Quote from: Hyacinth Belle;200955
One, I don't find this blanket statement particularly true in my personal experience. I'm sorry if you've found it true in yours.

But two, the sexism here makes me bristle. People should help people. As a woman, I can protect myself, thank you. Sure, sometimes that protection means I don't go places alone, for example. But that is my call and not something others decide, as the phrasing of your post suggests to me.

What I meant was, I've come across many women who've left abusive husbands and boyfriends, most in fear of their lives. Some have children with these men and feel that the State doesn't protect them from their abusers.
I've encountered women who've been raped and the court system geared towards helping the rapists and understanding their "feelings" to lead a better life instead of helping the victims at all. There is very extreme cases in Europe and Asia where the rapists are excused. Many of these women have been helpless.

Hyacinth Belle

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2017, 06:07:08 pm »
Quote from: Obsidia;200957
What I meant was, I've come across many women who've left abusive husbands and boyfriends, most in fear of their lives. Some have children with these men and feel that the State doesn't protect them from their abusers.
I've encountered women who've been raped and the court system geared towards helping the rapists and understanding their "feelings" to lead a better life instead of helping the victims at all. There is very extreme cases in Europe and Asia where the rapists are excused. Many of these women have been helpless.
Understood. And I certainly agree the law often privileges men.

"Silent and thoughtful a prince\'s son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15

Son of the Norse

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2017, 08:48:51 pm »
Quote from: Obsidia;200953
I was going to ask why did she buy you that without researching it. You can always just wear it at home. In winter you can wear it underneath a big heavy coat.

My wife does not research anything except the new Anime cartoons she wants to buy LOL :)

I have worn it everywhere in the state and in all types of very diverse area's.  I have had zero negative comments and several; "Hey cool/nice jacket" comments from all different types of people.  

Washington state is very progressive compared to many places in the U.S., so maybe this would not hold true in other states.

We have everything in this state, from people dressed like witches walking the streets; to an extremely big man that was walking around Seattle in bra and panties... So maybe it is just my state that is open to so many things. ;)
~Son of the Norse

hraefngar

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: eclectic pagan
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2017, 09:12:54 pm »
Quote from: Son of the Norse;199142

On the top of the picture it says; "Sons of Odin", and on the bottom it says; "Valhalla".

)

People who are especially devoted to Odin may call themselves "sons" or "daughters" of Odin. I call myself a "son of Odin" and I am most assuredly not a Nazi. :)

If you stop wearing anything that has been appropriated by some neonazi somewhere, there will not be much left, I am afraid.

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2017, 08:00:25 am »
Quote from: hraefngar;200977

If you stop wearing anything that has been appropriated by some neonazi somewhere, there will not be much left, I am afraid.

True. If that were the case, anybody with a volkswagon beatle would be a nazi.
I think its a real cool hoodie.

And really? Bra and panties? :confused:
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

Tags: