Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Affinity with Wind (Advice sought for)  (Read 6283 times)

Koudelka

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Affinity with Wind (Advice sought for)
« on: November 13, 2016, 04:09:50 pm »
Seems I have an affinity with wind/air, or maybe there's something more to this.
Throughout my life I have been attuned to the wind though. When I am spiritually aware of the world around me it picks up. When I suddenly know important things the wind blows around me seemingly in acknowledgment when I let myself be guided to affirmation, inner knowing, and the power of my will in coordination with the divine world/universe. As if to say "The universe and it's workings direct your life from here on, and the Earth is here for you."

This has happened when big important changes occur in my life. When I met my best friend forever while we were living on opposite ends of the state from each other when on vacation. I had to leave her behind, but I turned as the wind blew around me intensely, and said "We'll meet again someday!" As if I knew. We later on, years later, ended up moving to the same city, and found each other again.

Then later on I went on a walk, and was thinking to the universe "Wow my dad would really like to live around here.". I let myself be guided till I found a house for sale, and walked a bit more then it suddenly dawned on me.. like I intuitively knew "this was it" I said "Found it!". The wind picked up, blew all around, and it was as if the universe was saying "This is so". I ended up moving to the same area. I don't remember the house, but it's close enough to make me think there were forces at work.

Also... When I raged, and wished my brother's dog would die, because I was tired of caring for her. The wind picked up, and I thought "Oh no..". A voice said "Be careful what you wish for" when I tried to reverse it saying I didn't wish she'd die, but she ended up dying soon after that. Good things, and bad things seem to come from this. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Is this what working with the elements is like? Or was that the Earth coordinating all together? It seems to be primarily a wind thing.

All the times I've done this kind of magick it seemed to come from a high source, and will. I'm kind of scared of it, but think maybe if I change my energy to radiate more positivity I won't lose it like I did with my brother's dog...

Anyone have advice for this?
My Jedi senses are tingling...

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Affinity with Wind (Advice sought for)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 07:30:52 pm »
Quote from: Koudelka;199045
Is this what working with the elements is like? Or was that the Earth coordinating all together? It seems to be primarily a wind thing.

All the times I've done this kind of magick it seemed to come from a high source, and will. I'm kind of scared of it, but think maybe if I change my energy to radiate more positivity I won't lose it like I did with my brother's dog...Anyone have advice for this?

Only you can make any decision about your spiritual experiences and spiritual life. I thought you might find in interesting, though, that the word "spiritual" is related to the Latin word spirare which means "to breathe". I had a personal theory that all the new age theosophical content about subtle energy is the modern science-vocabulary way of understanding what people before experienced metaphysically as closest to wind or air.

Catherine MacCoun's On Becoming An Alchemist introduced me to an interesting distinction between the soul, which is our individual spiritual self, and the spirit which is our sort of expanded self...the book's in a box somewhere in the basement right now so I can't quote it unfortunately, but it had something about how aligning that soul-self with that spirit-self has some synchronistic things, and they're not all going to be good, but in this model of cosmology the mystics tend to trust that these won't be petty or meaningless; perhaps the notable presence of Spirit coincided with your brother's dog's death for something wiser or more cosmic than simply you thought the dog to death because you felt angry? Or maybe not, it's a mystery, and it's your mystery to own and hold, but this is just one idea I'm throwing in there, that the baggage of experience and events that one bad time could be mostly a focused interpretation, that could be more helpful or meaningful to broaden cosmically into Spirit.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Lana288

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 11:37:14 pm »

All the times I've done this kind of magick it seemed to come from a high source, and will. I'm kind of scared of it, but think maybe if I change my energy to radiate more positivity I won't lose it like I did with my brother's dog...

I don't think that you were at fault for the death of your brother's dog. I doubt that you can think another creature to death, no matter how strong your emotions. If it's bothering you, though, it might be a good idea to seek some form of closure over the death. Maybe you could speak with someone about how you feel about it, or make something that represents your feelings; you know, do something to help you put it behind you.

Have you given any thought to how you'd go about exploring your affinity for the wind?

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 11:57:21 pm »
Also... When I raged, and wished my brother's dog would die, because I was tired of caring for her. The wind picked up, and I thought "Oh no..". A voice said "Be careful what you wish for" when I tried to reverse it saying I didn't wish she'd die, but she ended up dying soon after that. Good things, and bad things seem to come from this. I'm not sure what to make of it.

It sounds, from the examples you recount, like what's happening here is more predictive than causal.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

EJay

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 01:07:37 am »
Seems I have an affinity with wind/air, or maybe there's something more to this.
Throughout my life I have been attuned to the wind though. When I am spiritually aware of the world around me it picks up. When I suddenly know important things the wind blows around me seemingly in acknowledgment when I let myself be guided to affirmation, inner knowing, and the power of my will in coordination with the divine world/universe. As if to say "The universe and it's workings direct your life from here on, and the Earth is here for you."

This has happened when big important changes occur in my life. When I met my best friend forever while we were living on opposite ends of the state from each other when on vacation. I had to leave her behind, but I turned as the wind blew around me intensely, and said "We'll meet again someday!" As if I knew. We later on, years later, ended up moving to the same city, and found each other again.

Then later on I went on a walk, and was thinking to the universe "Wow my dad would really like to live around here.". I let myself be guided till I found a house for sale, and walked a bit more then it suddenly dawned on me.. like I intuitively knew "this was it" I said "Found it!". The wind picked up, blew all around, and it was as if the universe was saying "This is so". I ended up moving to the same area. I don't remember the house, but it's close enough to make me think there were forces at work.

Haven't been here in a long while, but I agree with Sunflower.

I don't think I'll be back here so I feel free to say that you terrify me.  That you believe you have this type of power and then wish that your brother's dog was dead and you think you caused it.

Please oh please, never even consider having children.  They're a lot harder to care for than a dog.  The fact that you wanted your brother's dog dead means, and I mean this seriously, please seek help.
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

AsraiDouglas

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 12:59:05 pm »
Quote from: EJay;199053
Haven't been here in a long while, but I agree with Sunflower.

I don't think I'll be back here so I feel free to say that you terrify me.  That you believe you have this type of power and then wish that your brother's dog was dead and you think you caused it.

Please oh please, never even consider having children.  They're a lot harder to care for than a dog.  The fact that you wanted your brother's dog dead means, and I mean this seriously, please seek help.

Most people experience fleeting "intrusive thoughts" that can be disturbing, but not usually need for concern unless you're unable to dismiss them.  Even then, you'd be more concerned about an obsessive disorder than an actual violent disorder.

See: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/am-i-normal/201110/intrusive-thoughts-normal-or-not and https://www.intrusivethoughts.org/

AsraiDouglas

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 01:13:25 pm »

I would say that your feelings of being "scared" of this source are not something to dismiss lightly.

When I first started exploring my affinity with water, I spent lots of time simply being present and meditating in and around water with no specific intent.  This may help you become more familiar with the energy that you're feeling; creating a protected space while doing so may help you do this in a way that's not intimidating or frightening.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:14:03 pm by AsraiDouglas »

SunflowerP

• Host
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 05:56:48 pm »
Quote from: EJay;199053

*** MOD HAT ON ***
EJay,

Personal attacks - which includes hostile remarks, such as these - are a rules violation.

So, too, are registering multiple accounts without permission from the hosts and impersonating other members or otherwise pretending to be someone you are not (such as using your Gnowan account to make a big deal about how very new you are here, when in fact you've been around, under various usernames, for most of a decade if not longer).

Given that you have already had a two-week gag for arguing a mod call, and have a longstanding pattern of highly annoying behaviors such as concern trolling and objecting to how TC is run, you probably rate a permanent ban. For now, I'm just applying a one-week one, to both your EJay and Gnowan accounts - but Randall might very well decide to assist you in your stated resolve to not be back here, and make it permanent.

If he does do so, that means that, if you make a new account with yet another username, it will also be banned as soon as we identify it as yours; that also applies if you create a new one before the one-week gag is over.

Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Koudelka

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 06:38:54 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;199049
It sounds, from the examples you recount, like what's happening here is more predictive than causal.

Sunflower

Predictive does make some sense. It did somewhat feel as though I were predicting not actively putting something out there. What do you mean by causal? Also, I appreciate you standing up for me. I'd really like to think I'm not a monster that wants to hurt children 'cause I had one childish moment, and wished a dog dead. Anyway...

Quote from: Faemon
Only you can make any decision about your spiritual experiences and spiritual life. I thought you might find in interesting, though, that the word "spiritual" is related to the Latin word spirare which means "to breathe". I had a personal theory that all the new age theosophical content about subtle energy is the modern science-vocabulary way of understanding what people before experienced metaphysically as closest to wind or air.

Catherine MacCoun's On Becoming An Alchemist introduced me to an interesting distinction between the soul, which is our individual spiritual self, and the spirit which is our sort of expanded self...the book's in a box somewhere in the basement right now so I can't quote it unfortunately, but it had something about how aligning that soul-self with that spirit-self has some synchronistic things, and they're not all going to be good, but in this model of cosmology the mystics tend to trust that these won't be petty or meaningless; perhaps the notable presence of Spirit coincided with your brother's dog's death for something wiser or more cosmic than simply you thought the dog to death because you felt angry? Or maybe not, it's a mystery, and it's your mystery to own and hold, but this is just one idea I'm throwing in there, that the baggage of experience and events that one bad time could be mostly a focused interpretation, that could be more helpful or meaningful to broaden cosmically into Spirit.

Very insightful. I agree with the spiritual self, and the expanded self. Makes me think of our higher self, and whatever dimension that resides in. Interesting. Going back to what Sunflower said maybe the prediction happened as a synchronicity with the negativity I directed at the dog.. like a foreshadowing. She was old, and unhealthy to begin with..

Quote from: Ian288
I don't think that you were at fault for the death of your brother's dog. I doubt that you can think another creature to death, no matter how strong your emotions. If it's bothering you, though, it might be a good idea to seek some form of closure over the death. Maybe you could speak with someone about how you feel about it, or make something that represents your feelings; you know, do something to help you put it behind you.

Have you given any thought to how you'd go about exploring your affinity for the wind?

I was reassured by my guides that I don't have the ability to think someone to death, so I've found closure there.

On exploring the affinity I'll likely do the meditation like was mentioned by AsraiDouglas, but I need to do more grounding, and centering practices. I'm curious what will come to me if I meditate on it. Will have to try that.

Thank you all for your open mindedness, and help.

SunflowerP

• Host
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 06:50:31 pm »
Quote from: Koudelka;199079
Predictive does make some sense. It did somewhat feel as though I were predicting not actively putting something out there. What do you mean by causal?

'Causal' would be you being the cause of it, which sounds unlikely to me - I think it's more likely that the heat of the moment activated your affinity/gift, so you could see/feel the dog's death coming, but that you didn't cause it.

Sunflower

Koudelka

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 09:58:15 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;199081
'Causal' would be you being the cause of it, which sounds unlikely to me - I think it's more likely that the heat of the moment activated your affinity/gift, so you could see/feel the dog's death coming, but that you didn't cause it.

Sunflower

That all makes sense. I am pretty sensitive to receiving information. Talk about a load off my back what a relief. :eek:

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 06:17:57 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;199074
*** MOD HAT ON ***
For now, I'm just applying a one-week one, to both your EJay and Gnowan accounts - but Randall might very well decide to assist you in your stated resolve to not be back here, and make it permanent.

[mod=Host Hat on]The gag is converted to a permanent ban. Ejay has had plenty of chances and creating sock puppet accounts is well into the "rude and annoying behavior" area.[/mod]
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 06:30:48 am »
Quote from: AsraiDouglas;199069
When I first started exploring my affinity with water, I spent lots of time simply being present and meditating in and around water with no specific intent.  This may help you become more familiar with the energy that you're feeling

I think is a great idea. I'm an air-oriented guy, and I find it very useful myself. For one of my favorite meditations, I get up early--at dawn or even a little before, when light is just starting to filter above the horizon--go outside, face east, and (with eyes closed or open, either way) pay attention to the wind.

No intent; I'm not trying to affect anything or gain any specific insight. I just listen, to the sound the breeze makes past my ears, through the leaves...listen with my skin, to every micro-touch and shift in intensity and direction. Sometimes I let myself appreciate that this wind is part of one uninterrupted sky, connecting me to the entire globe, with nothing standing between me and places as far away as Mt. Everest...but mostly I try to avoid imposing any thoughts, and I just try to be "in the moment," as they say.

For whatever reason, it works wonders for me. I like to think through Her breath I'm hearing the voice of the Earth speaking: I have no idea what She's saying, but I know enough to listen.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Tags: