Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Something strange happened  (Read 2129 times)

LaurenOdin

• View Profile
Something strange happened
« on: November 04, 2016, 10:48:41 am »
So something strange happened to me the other week.
So we moved a month ago to our new house. Met the neighbor who has become a nice friend to my husband. He's older about 60 or so.
well me and my husband were sitting out side when we noticed the neighbor was gone all morning.. unusual for him unless he's working but his work truck was there.

He came back later that day and I had a strong sense of pain, sadness, and hospital..
If I didn't know better I would say he was in the hospital all night.. heart attack?

So Andrew went over to say hey and found out his mother had an aneurysm that past night. She died but he revived her then she had another and the ems revived her.. and rushed her to the hospital. Unfortunately she was in a vegetative state and was no chance for recovery. . :( so the next day they had to remove her from life support..
I've felt nothing but sadness for them for the past week.. :/

Just strange that I was about to tell my husband that I feel pain and sadness and thought about a hospital. .

Does this mean anything? ?

I have never met the mother before and only met the neighbor a handful of times..

I have never practiced before or even looked into paganism/witchcraft/wicca or anything Similar before..

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
Re: Something strange happened
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 10:19:08 am »
Quote from: LaurenOdin;198628
So something strange happened to me the other week.
So we moved a month ago to our new house. Met the neighbor who has become a nice friend to my husband. He's older about 60 or so.
well me and my husband were sitting out side when we noticed the neighbor was gone all morning.. unusual for him unless he's working but his work truck was there.

He came back later that day and I had a strong sense of pain, sadness, and hospital..
If I didn't know better I would say he was in the hospital all night.. heart attack?

So Andrew went over to say hey and found out his mother had an aneurysm that past night. She died but he revived her then she had another and the ems revived her.. and rushed her to the hospital. Unfortunately she was in a vegetative state and was no chance for recovery. . :( so the next day they had to remove her from life support..
I've felt nothing but sadness for them for the past week.. :/

Just strange that I was about to tell my husband that I feel pain and sadness and thought about a hospital. .

Does this mean anything? ?

I have never met the mother before and only met the neighbor a handful of times..

I have never practiced before or even looked into paganism/witchcraft/wicca or anything Similar before..

My condolences for your neighbor.

You don't necessarily have to be a pagan/witch to be an empath/empathetic person, and some Christians would call this a spiritual gift. (Of course, this varies A LOT by denomination.)

In my perspective, this man's pain communicated to you thru the ether and you shared a moment of connection, but others may very well say this was the Holy Spirit asking you to help comfort him.

I know it sounds cliche, but what does your heart say?
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

LaurenOdin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 10:41:48 am »
Quote from: MeadowRae;198752
My condolences for your neighbor.

You don't necessarily have to be a pagan/witch to be an empath/empathetic person, and some Christians would call this a spiritual gift. (Of course, this varies A LOT by denomination.)

In my perspective, this man's pain communicated to you thru the ether and you shared a moment of connection, but others may very well say this was the Holy Spirit asking you to help comfort him.

I know it sounds cliche, but what does your heart say?

I'm not sure.. I know after thinking about it and reading and researching I have found myself drawn to witchcraft (I don't know what aspect yet. .) And no longer wanting to be apart of Christianity

The strange part being I felt this while he was in his home and I was in mine .. I wasn't even around him

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 12:32:07 pm »
Quote from: LaurenOdin;198754
The strange part being I felt this while he was in his home and I was in mine .. I wasn't even around him

My mom is kinda like that. She'll just give you random pronouncements about people's well-being every so often, and I'll be sitting there like, "Ma, I have no idea who your coworker's cousin is, so, cool I guess...?"

My mom's a geriatric nurse - I've wondered sometimes if that doesn't just make her weirdly good at sensing death. As morbid as that sounds.

Anyway, yeah, you're not alone. I think when those feelings do happen, the best thing to do is to let the grieving person know you feel for them.

Tags: