Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Using Magick for Battle  (Read 4241 times)

Anti.Thesis

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Using Magick for Battle
« on: November 04, 2016, 04:12:21 am »
Hello everyone,

First, sorry for my bad english. I am very new to the western magick tradition, but not in the art of magick itself. I study mostly New Age and Kejawen (Traditional Indonesian Pagan) under few mentor. Most of my abilities are emerging by itself. I am naturally talented old soul. However, i am very far from being perfect.

Around 13 lifecycles ago, i made a contract with someone from highest dimension (she is the gatekeeper between universe), the 7th dimension, to descend into this dimension to carry out a specific task against great evil who has ruled earth from shadow. We try to hide, but useless. They already found us.

Before this, i alread tasted some nasty black magic that ripping my gut physically. For 3 weeks i dumped big chunk of blood in my feces. But what happened for past 3 month are way more serious.  I got caught in the middle of big metaphysic war. At least 3000 entity involved in this battle (and whoever their mastermind is). In 1 month we can face 5-6 battle of this scale. If it not because my mentor, i have already dead.

I am constantly polishing my knowledge and magical skill. I only do harm to them that try to attack me, or people that i hold dear. I have warrior blood. Other than that, i swear not to. I taught myself many form of magick art from many culture. Lately i'm into western witch tradition. I found many material about defending myself from black magic passively through charm, spell, and amulet, which is nice. But there is very minimal reference about using magick directly on the battlefield. My question are very general. How to use witch magick in combat? What did it do to me? How to craft weapon and shield?

I'm very interested in the concept of magic wand to focusing and amplifying my energy. I have a plan to build a copper wand with silver inside and crystal on both side. But i imagine in practical use this wand will be very exhausting to use. Did i need to stuff the wand with some material that will act as energy reserve?

I am very grateful and open to any kind of suggestion for me. I believe in no coincidence. I know that universe always guiding all my footsteps, even to this forum.

May the universe always guide us all in this journey

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Using Magick for Battle
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 09:18:31 am »
Quote from: Anti.Thesis;198601
Lately i'm into western witch tradition. I found many material about defending myself from black magic passively through charm, spell, and amulet, which is nice. But there is very minimal reference about using magick directly on the battlefield. My question are very general. How to use witch magick in combat? What did it do to me? How to craft weapon and shield?

The reason for this is that in Western Europe, witchcraft as a magical practice is mostly focused on small scale personal protection: it is the magic of people who are trying to get along in the world, and deal with the challenges of having less power in other ways. Usually that means things like less money, less social position, less power to make changes in government.

So many forms of witchcraft focus either on defence, or on small scale actions (against a given specific person)

In modern witchcraft, that kind of hexing is often seen as unethical, or at least as a last choice option, with many people preferring other (non-aggressive) approaches to solving problems.

There are some examples of people using magic more aggressively in a battle setting. One classic example are the benandanti, in northern Italy in the 16th and 17th centuries, but we don't know a lot about their specific magical actions, more about the ritual ones like processions.

Likewise, there are claims of magical actions being taken by covens of witches in England during World War II to keep Hitler's forces from crossing the Channel. There are various versions of this, and some of them are pretty clearly exaggerated even though it's hard to tell exactly how. (These, however, were also specifically protective workings.)

You should also know that at least in Western magical conversations, claims of astral battles are something a lot of people are sceptical about. I know that's very different in other cultures, but in the US and UK and Canada, I know a lot of people who had that kind of experience when they were first learning about magic (I'm one of them). When I got a better idea about how things worked, I realised that while there are great cosmic forces, the kind of astral warfare a lot of people get caught up in was not nearly as common as a lot of people made it out to be.

It can be very emotionally exciting and feel very important, but I think it's also always good to double check whether what you're doing is actually necessary, useful, and being done in the best way possible for your long-term goals and well-being. Since you're also working in a very different cultural context from the one most of this forum is familiar with, looking closely at whether the information you get here applies is also going to be really important for you.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Elding

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 10:09:58 pm »
I am very grateful and open to any kind of suggestion for me. I believe in no coincidence. I know that universe always guiding all my footsteps, even to this forum.

I feel like you might have better luck looking for a metaphysical, new age-ish forum rather than one based on reconstructed paganism. I've been a member on a few forums for psychic vampires and such stuff like that, and you'll probably find more people in a position to help you on that side of the magical internet.

As a side note, I will also double Jenett's suggestion of double-checking yourself. I'm not saying you're absolutely wrong, there is no way for me to know that, but I DO know that our journeys often lead us through stories that are metaphorical, and not as simple as they seem. This great metaphysical war could absolutely be something that occur inside your own spirit, a rift you need to heal inside yourself and that is mirrored to you in the vision of a great battle - but what might actually be happening is, the battle is taking place between different parts of your fractured self, which can appear as separate beings as far as we are concerned. In such a situation, fighting would be downright detrimental to you and harm you even further, and overlooking this illusion is the next step of your spiritual journey. Just an example of one of endless possible scenarios.
You can ask your guides less direct questions, and see if their answers will let your understanding of things widen. Don't do anything you don't feel to be right, just make sure you double-take and feel that things actually DO feel right, rather than simply exciting.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:13:15 pm by Elding »
Out in the woods, and I\'m not alone, but the sun\'s quickly going down!
There! In the trees! Something stalking me! Stop walking around!
\'K, just be cool, don\'t be such a fool! There is nothing at all to fear...
... other than the trees and the night and a beam of light, and the breathing in my ear...
[/I]

Wimsaur

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 10:47:19 am »
Hello everyone,

First, sorry for my bad english. I am very new to the western magick tradition, but not in the art of magick itself. I study mostly New Age and Kejawen (Traditional Indonesian Pagan) under few mentor. Most of my abilities are emerging by itself. I am naturally talented old soul. However, i am very far from being perfect.

Around 13 lifecycles ago, i made a contract with someone from highest dimension (she is the gatekeeper between universe), the 7th dimension, to descend into this dimension to carry out a specific task against great evil who has ruled earth from shadow. We try to hide, but useless. They already found us.

Before this, i alread tasted some nasty black magic that ripping my gut physically. For 3 weeks i dumped big chunk of blood in my feces. But what happened for past 3 month are way more serious.  I got caught in the middle of big metaphysic war. At least 3000 entity involved in this battle (and whoever their mastermind is). In 1 month we can face 5-6 battle of this scale. If it not because my mentor, i have already dead.

I am constantly polishing my knowledge and magical skill. I only do harm to them that try to attack me, or people that i hold dear. I have warrior blood. Other than that, i swear not to. I taught myself many form of magick art from many culture. Lately i'm into western witch tradition. I found many material about defending myself from black magic passively through charm, spell, and amulet, which is nice. But there is very minimal reference about using magick directly on the battlefield. My question are very general. How to use witch magick in combat? What did it do to me? How to craft weapon and shield?

I'm very interested in the concept of magic wand to focusing and amplifying my energy. I have a plan to build a copper wand with silver inside and crystal on both side. But i imagine in practical use this wand will be very exhausting to use. Did i need to stuff the wand with some material that will act as energy reserve?

Magick for attack will have worse karmic consequences. It's safer to just use physical violence or the legal system.

Wimsaur.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 10:47:54 pm »
Quote from: Wimsaur;199155
Magick for attack will have worse karmic consequences. It's safer to just use physical violence or the legal system.

Wimsaur.
Why would hitting someone with a magical nailbat have worse consequences than hitting someone with a regular nailbat?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 06:26:26 pm »
Quote from: Jack;199209
Why would hitting someone with a magical nailbat have worse consequences than hitting someone with a regular nailbat?

Well, I suppose if one subscribes to certain neo-Platonic concepts, it makes sense. Spirit > matter and all that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 09:06:55 pm »
Quote from: Sefiru;199279
Well, I suppose if one subscribes to certain neo-Platonic concepts, it makes sense. Spirit > matter and all that.
I guess it depends on how you define "worse" too. I mean, it's not like you can be prosecuted for magical curbstomping.

"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

AsraiDouglas

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 09:37:25 pm »
Quote from: Jack;199285
I guess it depends on how you define "worse" too. I mean, it's not like you can be prosecuted for magical curbstomping.

Yet.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 10:06:51 pm »
Quote from: AsraiDouglas;199286
Yet.
dun dun DUN

TinionDaye

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 12:38:17 am »
Quote from: Wimsaur;199155

Wimsaur.

It depends on wheather the battle to be fought is on the physical plane, or a spiritual plane of existence. If the fighting is a physical action, then yes, normal violence and (or better) the legal system should be brought to bear. I believe that violence should be used only as a last resort. In the case that someone else starts said fight, I have no problem with finishing it.

If said battle will be taking place on a spiritual place of existence, then the rules are totally diffirent. There are more questions that need to be asked, there are more things that need to be taken into account.

As to the question of Karma.... There are other factors I don't believe some have taken into account. What of the Officer that is sworn to protect? Is he going to receive a larger dose of karma for doing his duty to protect others? Even if using magick?

Tags: