Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Meaning of Spider  (Read 2639 times)

Eevee

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Meaning of Spider
« on: November 03, 2016, 08:30:32 am »
So, spiders have seem to have taken over my life. Yes, yes, I'm Australian therefore spiders should usually be like a daily encounter (Not in my state it ain't!), and yes, as the weather gets warmer spiders tend to go in houses where its nice and cool. I'm also at that stage in spiritual development where I'm looking out for signs - and SO many spiders popping up can't just go unnoticed.
I've been encountering spiders almost on a day to day basis sometimes multiple times a day (which is RIDICULOUS, even for an Australian). They just pop up in my life, whether its in my house, at a friend's house, on TV, social media, in a conversation... and they're not little either.
Currently, a full hand-sized furry monstrosity has claimed half the house for itself because there's no way I'm going near that.

Just out of curiosity. Does the Spider have a meaning? Any good animal spirits 101 websites?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 08:31:14 am by Eevee »
Naboo: This is black magic. This is hardcore. Don\'t mess with the occult.
Vince Noir: I thought it was good for you.
Naboo: What?
Vince Noir: Well, you know, good for your digestive system.
Naboo: That\'s Yakult!

Obsidia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Meaning of Spider
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 03:04:59 am »
Quote from: Eevee;198572

Just out of curiosity. Does the Spider have a meaning? Any good animal spirits 101 websites?

There is the story of princess Arachne, in Greek myth. She was a famous weaver and spun many fantastic creations. She challanged the goddess of arts, Athena, to a weaving contest. When Arachne won the contest, the goddess Athena was so angry that she killed Arachne. Overcome by remorse by what she'd done, Athena brought princess Archne back to life. When Arachne lived again she was a spider who weaved webs.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 01:59:50 pm »
Quote from: Eevee;198572
So, spiders have seem to have taken over my life. Yes, yes, I'm Australian therefore spiders should usually be like a daily encounter (Not in my state it ain't!), and yes, as the weather gets warmer spiders tend to go in houses where its nice and cool. I'm also at that stage in spiritual development where I'm looking out for signs - and SO many spiders popping up can't just go unnoticed.
I've been encountering spiders almost on a day to day basis sometimes multiple times a day (which is RIDICULOUS, even for an Australian). They just pop up in my life, whether its in my house, at a friend's house, on TV, social media, in a conversation... and they're not little either.
Currently, a full hand-sized furry monstrosity has claimed half the house for itself because there's no way I'm going near that.

My brother-from-another-mother has a special thing with spiders. For him, they always represented the fact that there are hidden threads binding the universe together. They often serve to remind him that everything we do affects others, and that seemingly disparate events may in fact be connected.

For me, they represent "GET A BROOM KILL IT KILL IT" most of the time.

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 10:13:02 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;200689
For me, they represent "GET A BROOM KILL IT KILL IT" most of the time.

You are my father, and I am...a big childhood fan of Charlotte's Web (both the book and the 1973 H-B animated feature).
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Obsidia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 12:05:36 pm »
Quote from: ehbowen;200703
You are my father, and I am...a big childhood fan of Charlotte's Web (both the book and the 1973 H-B animated feature).

I like Charlotte's Web too.

There is the story of Spider Grandmother in native american legends. She's a loving goddess who created the planets, moons and orbits spinning around. She gave wisdom of fire to humans and she lives in a tower called "Spider Rock" found in Arizona. Dream catchers were made so that Her divine magic can protect people in their sleep.
There is a massive geoglyph landmark spider on the Nazca plain, as among other creatures.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 06:36:17 pm »
Quote from: ehbowen;200703

I'm sorry, I read "you are my father" and now I just feel like I have to call you Luke and ask you to join the Dark Side.

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 06:43:30 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;200766
I'm sorry, I read "you are my father" and now I just feel like I have to call you Luke and ask you to join the Dark Side.
Been there, done that!

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Obsidia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 09:39:58 am »
Quote from: ehbowen;200768
Been there, done that!

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

In Islam, the spider is considered a friend and protected Muhammad from soldiers.

Tags: