Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: String of bad luck  (Read 3747 times)

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
String of bad luck
« on: October 25, 2016, 08:06:34 pm »
Over the past few weeks or so my fiancé and I have had nothing but bad luck. On the 7th, the night before Hurricane Matthew hit us, I got into a wreck with my brand new truck. No one was hurt thankfully, but it's being totaled out. So I've been relying on Fiancé's motorcycle to get to work. But because one of my two jobs was pizza delivery, I haven't been to that one and therefore not making any money since the accident.

My roommate's mom still has her SUV, but I'm not allowed to drive it because she thinks I'll crash again. So Fiancé has been driving that if we need an actual vehicle.

Then the storm hit and we lost water for a few days. That wasn't bad, but we couldn't leave because of the flooding and, you know, motorcycle. So a week goes by and flooding is down, everything is back to normal, minus having my own transportation.

AND THEN fiancé goes to play disc golf tonight, on the bike of course, and calls me when he's done. Apparently someone stole his brand new helmet that was an early Christmas present from me. He filed a police report because it was actually pretty expensive and they knocked his bike over in the process. So now he's pissed and I'm pissed and i just feel like we can't catch a goddamn break.

Oh and to top it all off it's possible I may have borderline personality disorder. I'm self-diagnosing, I know, but I don't see my therapist for another 2 weeks.

Ugh. I know none of it is really that major but it still really fucking sucks because neither of us has the money to replace a $10,000 truck or even a $300 helmet. So prayers/thoughts/words of advice would be super appreciated.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: String of bad luck
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 09:00:36 pm »
Quote from: missgraceless;198051
Ugh. I know none of it is really that major but it still really fucking sucks because neither of us has the money to replace a $10,000 truck or even a $300 helmet. So prayers/thoughts/words of advice would be super appreciated.

I'm really really sorry you're going through this shit. ((Missgraceless)) I'll light a candle for yoy.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 09:05:41 pm »
So prayers/thoughts/words of advice would be super appreciated.

Thinking good thoughts for y'all and will keep you in my prayers.

It might be worth doing a cleansing and banishing of the house and maybe yourself; it's possible some astral nasties got in. We had a similar string of shittiness for a while (and I kept seeing things out of the corner of my eye) because I'm pretty sure the renovation guys tracked in a bunch of astral crap on top of the physical crap they left behind, so I did a banishing and cleansing and redid all my wards. Things are better now, relatively speaking.

I need to do another cleansing soon and probably reinforce the wards a bit, though. Once they come in where it's warm and cozy they want to come back after you kick them out, ime.

Oh and to top it all off it's possible I may have borderline personality disorder. I'm self-diagnosing, I know, but I don't see my therapist for another 2 weeks.

If it's any consolation borderline personality disorder is what I'm ~90% sure I have and I can't get a diagnosis until I see a psychiatrist (which I put in for 5 months ago). But yeah, read all up on it and went "huh. Check, check, check, check...this would explain a lot."

Hope you can see your therapist soon and get some answers.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 11:06:29 am »
Quote from: Morag;198058
Thinking good thoughts for y'all and will keep you in my prayers.

It might be worth doing a cleansing and banishing of the house and maybe yourself; ...

Thank you guys, I do appreciate it.

Morag, what kind of cleansing/banishing do you recommend? I've never done anything like that so I'm a total beginner. Plus with Fiancé being totally agnostic he'd probably look at me funny if I bring it up to him.

I wish we could cleanse and banish my roomie's mom, she's more useless than the Paperclip from 90s Microsoft Word. I know she's a huge factor in my stress levels.

Anywho. If you could point me towards some cleansing rituals, that'd be awesome. And thanks again, everyone.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 04:33:55 pm »
Quote from: missgraceless;198085
Thank you guys, I do appreciate it.

Late to the thread.  Sorry all this is happening to you, it sucks ass.  I'll keep you & yours in my prayers.  

Morag, what kind of cleansing/banishing do you recommend?

I'm curious about various banishing & warding techniques.  I'm sure there are many out there.  This might be a good topic for a new thread.... ;)
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 11:29:31 am »

(((missgraceless)))

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 02:55:53 am »
Quote from: missgraceless;198085
Morag, what kind of cleansing/banishing do you recommend? I've never done anything like that so I'm a total beginner. Plus with Fiancé being totally agnostic he'd probably look at me funny if I bring it up to him.

Whenever my atheist husband looked funny at me for witch stuff I'd remind him that he knew I was a witch when we met and he said yes when I proposed so he didn't get to be an asshat about it. He's stopped giving me funny looks now. (Mostly.) ;)

So! Here is what I recommend. There are very involved things you can do, but if you're already having a string of bad luck it's probably best to keep it simple.

First, you want to tell whatever astral nasties have gotten in to get the eff out. A good, simple way to do this is to take a cleansing agent of some sort and go around to all the entrances to the house -- windows, doors, vents, drains -- and use that agent there, telling the nasties to get out (with swearing if wanted!) and then sealing the entrance behind them. (For sealing, just draw the cleaning agent over the entrance however makes sense for what it is and say "This opening is sealed. None may enter without my leave." Or something similar. I usually make up words on the spot, so.)

Cleansing agents can be salt water, black salt (made from the ashes of protective/banishing herbs and salt; NOT the edible kind, seriously do not eat it, and be careful because it can stain), smoke from a burning herb like culinary sage, sound (banging pots and pans together, ringing bells, etc), or a specially made wash, which you can make by boiling herbs in water and then using that water to wipe down entrance ways or to pour down drains.

I recommend using whatever is easiest for you. If you give me a day or so I can give you a couple of recipes for washes and what herbs/etc you can use; it'll mostly be stuff you can find in your kitchen. But really, salt dissolved in water will work just fine. It helps to end your journey around the house at the front door so you can "sweep out" everything there before sealing that off too.

You can also physically sweep with a broom just above all the floors in your house, sweeping all the nasty stuff to the door and out. (Just above = not touching the floors, so you can do it over carpet as well.)

Then I recommend drawing protective symbols on the walls and doors and windows with salt water, or a wash, or you can even trace it in the air with smoke or your fingers. What a protective symbol is is up to you; some people like the pentacle, others like the cross. Whatever you can draw easily and makes you feel safe.

Now if you want to really get into it, you can make a floor and wall wash and clean all the walls and floors (except carpeted ones) in your house. This also requires mundane cleaning, though, which is why I rarely do it (no spoons). Whatever's left of the floor/wall wash can be poured down the various drains to protect those entrances as well.

Then, I'd recommend you put up wards of some sort. Easiest ever? Montreal Steak Spice in a sachet. I have four of them hanging up in my house right now. The spice ingredients in the mix have protective qualities, so it's a ready-made ward recipe (and tastes amazing on meat).

I hope that helps a bit! Let me know if you have any questions.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 09:26:49 am »
Quote from: Morag;198184
Whenever my atheist husband looked funny at me for witch stuff I'd remind him that he knew I was a witch when we met and he said yes when I proposed so he didn't get to be an asshat about it. He's stopped giving me funny looks now. (Mostly.) ;)

So! Here is what I recommend. There are very involved things you can do, but if you're already having a string of bad luck it's probably best to keep it simple.

First, you want to tell whatever astral nasties have gotten in to get the eff out. A good, simple way to do this is to take a cleansing agent of some sort and go around to all the entrances to the house -- windows, doors, vents, drains -- and use that agent there, telling the nasties to get out (with swearing if wanted!) and then sealing the entrance behind them. (For sealing, just draw the cleaning agent over the entrance however makes sense for what it is and say "This opening is sealed. None may enter without my leave." Or something similar. I usually make up words on the spot, so.)

Cleansing agents can be salt water, black salt (made from the ashes of protective/banishing herbs and salt; NOT the edible kind, seriously do not eat it, and be careful because it can stain), smoke from a burning herb like culinary sage, sound (banging pots and pans together, ringing bells, etc), or a specially made wash, which you can make by boiling herbs in water and then using that water to wipe down entrance ways or to pour down drains.

I recommend using whatever is easiest for you. If you give me a day or so I can give you a couple of recipes for washes and what herbs/etc you can use; it'll mostly be stuff you can find in your kitchen. But really, salt dissolved in water will work just fine. It helps to end your journey around the house at the front door so you can "sweep out" everything there before sealing that off too.

You can also physically sweep with a broom just above all the floors in your house, sweeping all the nasty stuff to the door and out. (Just above = not touching the floors, so you can do it over carpet as well.)

Then I recommend drawing protective symbols on the walls and doors and windows with salt water, or a wash, or you can even trace it in the air with smoke or your fingers. What a protective symbol is is up to you; some people like the pentacle, others like the cross. Whatever you can draw easily and makes you feel safe.

Now if you want to really get into it, you can make a floor and wall wash and clean all the walls and floors (except carpeted ones) in your house. This also requires mundane cleaning, though, which is why I rarely do it (no spoons). Whatever's left of the floor/wall wash can be poured down the various drains to protect those entrances as well.

Then, I'd recommend you put up wards of some sort. Easiest ever? Montreal Steak Spice in a sachet. I have four of them hanging up in my house right now. The spice ingredients in the mix have protective qualities, so it's a ready-made ward recipe (and tastes amazing on meat).

I hope that helps a bit! Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for taking the time to write that all out! My mom is a physical spoonie and I'm an emotional one, so I completely understand how hard some stuff can be.

Fiancé will be gone all weekend and I'm off, so I'll get on the cleansing tomorrow. I have a bundle of sage that I'd bought from a New Age shop several years ago, that should work, right? And my spice cabinet is sadly lacking in a lot of areas, but I do have plenty of crystals if those work. I make a lot of magical intent jewelry when my disorders actually allow me to be creative, hehe.

On the plus side we drove a new vehicle home last night, but it's from one of those buy here pay here places so I have to be careful about payments. BUT I got a call this morning from my insurance saying two of the five people in the car were injured and it sounds like I'm gonna need a freaking lawyer. So one step forward five steps back, I guess. I literally spent every dime I had and Fiancé had on the down payment for the car. So money is really, really tight right now.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 03:14:00 pm »

I will try and send some positive energy your way.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 12:13:55 pm »
Quote from: Pickle;198199
I will try and send some positive energy your way.
So it's been a few weeks and things are starting to look up a bit more. I got a letter today from Liberty Mutual saying that they're gonna send me the check for $7800 rather than the loan company, so that's actually a bit of a godsend. I can use that to pay off the truck I have now and fix the minor things wrong with it (some sensors are bad and it needs an alignment) then put what's left towards the totaled truck and just continue to pay that off. It's not like they can repo the car if I'm late on a payment, haha.

And Morag, I did what you said with the "gtfo" around the house. Literally screaming "get the f*** out of my house you are not welcome here" at the top of my lungs, while drawing pentagrams in every corner with a burning sage bundle. Then I went around with salt water that I put the sage stick out in and drew more mini pentagrams on all the windows, doors, and air vents, and poured a bit down each sink and toilet. Ain't no nasties getting back in my house.

AND I made appointments with both my therapist (because I haven't seen her since before the accident, just scheduling conflicts) and my psychiatrist because my depression is back in full swing. So I have to wait for the 28th and 1st for those, but things are definitely better.

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 02:05:02 pm »
Quote from: missgraceless;199133
So it's been a few weeks and things are starting to look up a bit more. I got a letter today from Liberty Mutual saying that they're gonna send me the check for $7800 rather than the loan company, so that's actually a bit of a godsend. I can use that to pay off the truck I have now and fix the minor things wrong with it (some sensors are bad and it needs an alignment) then put what's left towards the totaled truck and just continue to pay that off. It's not like they can repo the car if I'm late on a payment, haha.

And Morag, I did what you said with the "gtfo" around the house. Literally screaming "get the f*** out of my house you are not welcome here" at the top of my lungs, while drawing pentagrams in every corner with a burning sage bundle. Then I went around with salt water that I put the sage stick out in and drew more mini pentagrams on all the windows, doors, and air vents, and poured a bit down each sink and toilet. Ain't no nasties getting back in my house.

AND I made appointments with both my therapist (because I haven't seen her since before the accident, just scheduling conflicts) and my psychiatrist because my depression is back in full swing. So I have to wait for the 28th and 1st for those, but things are definitely better.

I'm glad things are starting on the upswing for you now. I'll keep you in my prayers.
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Tags: